PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet Ts&Cs

Ascoteer
31st Aug 2016, 17:48
Hello chaps,

Can anyone advise on current take home pay as a RJ skipper and typical rosters at Cityjet? When will AMS be an option for basing?

Cheers!

Thewire
1st Sep 2016, 05:50
Hi, different bases will have very different net take home due local tax arrangements,
In London expect 5000-5500gbp net. Rosters are 6 on 3 off, mix of 2/4 sector days, or trips of up to 5 nights away. Ams base starting november will change that to maybe less nights away. I think they are/have recruited for ams already, high tax but good for the dutch..

throwaway85
3rd Sep 2016, 21:10
Agree with Thewire; UK numbers below:
Salary has remained ~£63k since 2009, payfreeze thawing, so may increase 1-2% every year after this.
Allowances ~£1000-2000pm, most of which is untaxed at the moment. This will likely reduce after opening of AMS base. Irish Revenue tax higher; there's always the possibility that HMRC may change it's view in future as well.
Pension 5% matched.
Loss of Licence and all the usual.
Rosters have varied hugely and have frequently been 'a tad' late. The roster is fixed until the end of next season and then who knows.... There was a figure of 115 days off per year and 28 days A/L per year floating around a while ago.
LHS - very busy, 3-4 sector days the norm.
A/L for skippers can be 'hard to come by'. Don't expect to have the ability to request specific days off.
Flexibility is required, but compensated.
The RJ's are not the newest aircraft in the world; you will work for a living.

Ascoteer
6th Sep 2016, 10:54
Thanks a lot guys, this has helped a lot

throwaway85
7th Sep 2016, 19:45
To be fair to you, you should know that lots of people have left in the last 12 months, and a number of those who have joined in that time are leaving again.

Nobody wants to be the last man standing when the music stops. Make sure you have a safe place to sit down within easy reach....

I suspect that I know an ex-colleague of yours. He should be able to fill you in.

Thepirate
8th Sep 2016, 21:01
Please tell us what you know throwaway i was looking at cityjet too and was under the impression they were financially fine now. If you know differant share with us before people make big mistakes

throwaway85
9th Sep 2016, 09:40
I'm not going to speculate as to why people are leaving but it's not because CJ is about to go bust.

I think everyone makes decisions that are best for themselves. It just happens that quite a lot of people have found that the best option for them is elsewhere. Equally, lots of people have joined, no doubt because that was the best decision for themselves. If you know what you're getting into, are happy with that, then CJ is the right decision for you. If not, don't apply! Do make sure you know what you are getting into though.

CJ is expanding very quickly and there are no financial issues. It's likely that much of the money is investment rather than revenue at the moment, but consider that that investment money wouldn't be arriving if there wasn't the anticipation of a return.

Thepirate
9th Sep 2016, 23:07
Common throwaway, "alot of people are leaveing and some that have joined in the last 12 months are leaving too.......but im not going to speculate why people are leaving" you seem to know so much and yet so little.

I am looking at either london or dublin base moving from middle east DEC, i do not know what im getting myself into, and possibly other people reading this dont aswell. Please help us all out if you know something, this is what this forum is for, it would be appreciated.

throwaway85
11th Sep 2016, 14:27
CJ was an ACMI operator for AF. Once it left the fold it lost its way a bit, and had 2 revenue streams; legacy work for AF and it's own routes out of LCY. VLM fits in here as well, but is not key to the story. It was this period that it failed to make any money.

Founder returned, and turned things around. At present lots of effort going into new ACMI work (CJ nordic, finland operation with CRJs) and charters (SSJ). RJ's on core operation need replacing, but can't use SSJ on LCY operation (can't land there yet) or AF network. The AF work is scheduled to ramp down by next year and the LCY operation has been more or less ignored of late.

Future seems to be a mix of ACMI contract work and charters. Crew flexibility is core to this. Recent events indicate that in future crew:
1) may find their base being changed at short notice having been given a base elsewhere at selection. Crew already in a base may also be moved.
2) find themselves bonded for the SSJ after having paid for the RJ rating.
3) the closest thing that there is to a rostering agreement at present are the ICAO FDP rules. You will work to the legal limits. Captain's Discretion seems to form part of operational planning. Fatigue is best managed by drinking coffee.
4) Because there is no rostering agreement, as crewing levels have collapsed, remaining crew have had more and more asked of them - think working more days every year, denied leave, disrupted rosters, and pressure to work days off.
4) There is presently a fixed roster, implemented presumably to stem the flow. However, it will only run until April 2017. After that, you will not know your days off more than one roster ahead. Your (statutory minimum) annual leave will frequently be denied, especially during the summer holiday period. Net result is that you will not be able to make or confirm any social plans more than 4-6 weeks ahead - assuming the roster is on time.
5) CJ used to be a company where the best thing about it was the crew, but so many have left that it's a completely different atmosphere. A lot of people are there to get their hours and move on.
7) The RJ's are literally falling to bits. It is unusual to have an aircraft not carrying defects. Due to frequent tech issues it is unusual to finish on time. The SSJ is too new to really comment; apparently it's great, but there have been a few issues. It's a new type and that is to be expected.
8) Operational 'planning' makes the situation worse, for example on some routes crew wait for scheduled hotel transport on minimum rest (10h) overnights. In accordance with FTL's 1h of this time can be spent travelling....Other routes the duty time is so very close to max FDP that discretion and delayed reporting is common.

That's the bad stuff. The good stuff is:
1) Pay is more or less OK, you will be paid in time and correctly. Irish Revenue take a fair chunk of allowances, but for the moment in the UK the HMRC tax treatment of allowances is generous meaning that Net pay is higher than at other (similar, i.e. Stobart, CityFlyer, Flybe) airlines.
2) Staff travel is OK.
3) Some of the flying is fun, especially if you enjoy simulator LOFT sessions.....
4) The company is secure for the moment. It's expanding very, very quickly, but on the back of investment capital. It is reasonable to assume that this investment will put the company on a more profitable path.
5) Recruitment is beginning to catch up with attrition so rosters/AL should improve.
6) The 7 year pay freeze seems close to being lifted. Though, perhaps the existence of a Seven. Year. Pay. Freeze. should be in the negatives section.

So, if I were to speculate why I and so many others before me have left, it would be that there is no good reason for them to stay; neither the pay, nor the flying, nor the lifestyle, nor the roster are better than the available alternatives (Aer Lingus, Jet2, EasyJet, BA, Ryanair even CityFlyer). But, CityJet is perfect for those who need some jet time to forward their career.

Thepirate
12th Sep 2016, 01:48
Great points throwaway thankyou for the post and your time in writing it!

I'm not sure cityjet would be a good option for gaining jet flying experience although for the newbies, the 146 and the ssj are very uncommon aircraft types and also light, going to one of the low cost carriers would be a much better place to start in my opinion.

Lets hope cityjet works on good lifestyle and bases to attract pilots, as it seems theres is not much else in the pot to offer!

flyingmam254
13th Sep 2016, 19:30
Hi Thepirate

Also work in CJ.. Unlike my colleague im quite happy. I am on a 5/3 roster, same as all people who are in the company 1 year or more. Pay is good, come out with more than flybe jet captains and Ba City. Company gives pension and loss of license. I come to work, do my bit and go home.

Im now a CPT on the RJ, do about to 600 to 700 hours a year, away about 2/3 nights a week.

Thepirate
14th Sep 2016, 21:52
Hi flyingmam, the 5:3 roster sounds good and congrats on your command! I take it your based at London city? Do you have any comment on the fatigue issues throwaway mentions, or the fact they can change your base contractually?

Is great to hear your happy at cityjet

Flyingfisher
17th Sep 2016, 07:41
The best advice I can give you if you love flying and don't have a family needing a lot of time at home. Cityjet will suit you but if you want fixed roster with stand by,fixed base, holidays etc think again Find somewhere else.
Flight crew in my opinion are still great, job is secure due massive investment in companies and aircraft. Work conditions vary considerably between bases is why you are getting different answers also captains and first officers are completely different again captains being in very short supply. Paris best,Dublin last of the list but this might change again with AMS opening. Change and the constant pay check are the only certainty with Cityjet so far.

The Cleaner
17th Sep 2016, 07:53
Hi, can anyone give me an idea of take home pay for an LCY F/O please. Also is there much in the way of roster stability? Looking a ppjn sector pay/ overnights would boost pay a fair bit, is it accurate?
Cheers

throwaway85
19th Sep 2016, 15:56
Not everyone is on a 5:3. As you were interested in LCY and AMS base, the UK crew are on a 6:3, the AMS hasn't opened yet.

SO basic salary is around £23k, with allowances on top of that. None of the RHS are doing much flying at the moment, though in time that will change. Budget between £500-£1500 (net) in allowances per month. The AMS base will reduce overnights but noone knows by how much. Be careful paying for an RJ TR - you'll find yourself bonded onto the SSJ anyway.

Flyingfisher is accurate.

Flocks
14th Mar 2018, 23:03
Hello.

Does some people could give some uptade about CJ now? I know they just opened (or are just about) a base in ORY with CRJ 900 flying for AF, I ve been told, local contract, CRPN and 75K€ basic +25K€ duty.

What about other base ? T/C? Is still the 5on 3 off fix roster running ?

Thank !!

throwaway85
15th Mar 2018, 11:49
Looks familiar, but each base has it's own contract - those numbers look familiar in any case.

The agreement with the french has been ripped up and has taken a turn for the worse. Still French labour law still applies, though there has been a multi-year struggle and a number of court cases to convince management that the law apples to them as well. Rumour has it (this being a Rumour Network!) that the union rep who agreed to the changes was representing precisely one person, but I'm not that familiar with the details.

With that said, the vast majority of FD and CC have buggered off to AF or Hop so it affects very few existing crew.

DUB and what remains of LCY are 6:3 for the summer; no idea for CDG or anywhere else. Rosters are never fixed for more than a few months, and then change, though they tend to be variants on 6:3. The AMS base are now converting to CRJ and will be on back to back trips to Scandinavia - or ORY if recruitment doesn't go well. Also, last I heard CJ didn't actually have a contract from AF to actually do the work out of ORY, but were recruiting anyway, so if you join, take note of your mobility clause.

gubbi123
17th Mar 2018, 08:54
Cityjet Ts&Cs:

When Cityjet bought Cimber 12 months ago, there were approximately 100 pilots employed at the CPH base. Now around 80, and most of the remaining are looking elsewhere. My guess is 60-65 this time next year. Part time is impossible due to lack of pilots, but that just increases the motivation to apply for Norwegian etc.

The worse conditions you offer your employees the more unstable a workforce you get and visa versa. People have a tendency to stay, when employed by a legacy company.

Cityjets strategy is unsustainable due to the fact, that they now have started recruiting low hours with no type rating, and train them with all the costs included. Yet they do nothing to retain the workforce they have.

Let me give you an example: When they employed pilots for the Arlanda base, they hired 20 (young) lowtimer pilots from Finland and gave them the rating, lots of lifus, and as soon as the pilots had passed 1000 hours on the CRJ, they applied for Finnair, and most of them got in. Bye bye Cityjet......

If you wanna join Cityjet, fine by me. I personally consider it like joining Ryanair, but without a usefull typerating, still Cityjet pay for it.

dboy
21st Mar 2018, 09:31
What is the outlook for Cityjet in Brussels since they are doing the Lufthansa flights (ex brussels airlines)? Will they keep on doing those?

What does the mobility clause state? Someone can explain?

Grts

Denim and leather
21st Mar 2018, 13:15
[Hello.

Does some people could give some uptade about CJ now? I know they just opened (or are just about) a base in ORY with CRJ 900 flying for AF, I ve been told, local contract, CRPN and 75K€ basic +25K€ duty.

What about other base ? T/C? Is still the 5on 3 off fix roster running ?

Thank !! ]All is true!

liftman
1st Oct 2018, 19:57
hi all,

updates for RJ85 F/O in Dublin?

Roster pay time to LHS?

Tks

Easyheat
2nd Oct 2018, 14:21
CJ have started recruiting Primera Air pilots. Perfect timing. Captains are being offered DEC, which of course is a huge offense to those co pilots in CJ, having lots of experience on the CRJ 900, and ready and waiting for upgrade.

liftman
5th Oct 2018, 05:55
that's no good...anyone else?

Also PM if you like

Intrance
5th Oct 2018, 09:04
CJ have started recruiting Primera Air pilots. Perfect timing. Captains are being offered DEC, which of course is a huge offense to those co pilots in CJ, having lots of experience on the CRJ 900, and ready and waiting for upgrade.

And how many of those copilots are there, because CJ has been recruiting CRJ DEC for ages already. So I suspect there’s either not enough of those experienced FOs or they are not considered ready/suitable for upgrade yet. Otherwise I suspect it would make sense to upgrade, both financially and operationally. Replacement FOs are easier to find than experienced captains.

liftman
5th Oct 2018, 20:40
well..not only on CRJ looking for DEC on Avro as well....maybe their conditions not so attractive? or bad roster? or something else? Can anyone enlighten? ( particularly interested as mention in Dublin base)

Jazz1234
11th Oct 2018, 13:35
Hi, Guys

I would like to know some insights about Cityjet. For FO position there will be opportunity on SSJ 100 or only on CRJ and AVRO? As far as I understood, they intend to phase the jumbolino out in a few years ( In how much time this is the question....)
Are PPJN figues accurate regarding salary? Do we have to pay for Type rating (Cost 23K€ stated on PPJN) or is it bonded for FO?

Thanks, Guys

ShamrockF
11th Oct 2018, 14:24
For FO position there will be opportunity on SSJ 100 or only on CRJ and AVRO?
At the moment hiring is for CRJ and Avro. Nothing right now for SSJ.

As far as I understood, they intend to phase the jumbolino out in a few years ( In how much time this is the question....)
It has a few more years. Some folk are interested in flying an interesting plane before it's phased out.

Are PPJN figues accurate regarding salary?
Each base has its own terms and conditions. It would be worthwhile asking for the specific base you're interested in.

Do we have to pay for Type rating (Cost 23K€ stated on PPJN) or is it bonded for FO?
No, CityJet pay for this. You'll be bonded for 3 years.

A few friends of mine are flying around France and Scandinavia for CityJet on the CRJ700 and CRJ900. They like it.

Jazz1234
11th Oct 2018, 20:20
Thanks ShamrockF for these useful informations. I will be interested by ORY and DUB bases.

Cheers,

AirInter
15th Oct 2018, 18:32
Good evening to all,

​​​​​​Regarding Cityjet stafftravel, any aggreements with other airlines (zed tickets, my idtravel?)

Manual flight allowed, encouraged (without FDs, AP or AT) on all fleets?

Thank you.Safe flights.

barclay
15th Oct 2018, 20:58
Does anybody have any information concerning the AMS base???
I would like to find out some more about the salary and rosters.
Also what would be the likelihood of eventually having to transfer to another base??

Easyheat
17th Oct 2018, 18:53
Imho, if you have other options then stay away from these Low Seniority Companys. There is a reason why BA, Virgin Atlantic, etc. have a very high seniority. It Is Simply Because They Offer Good T&Cs, compared to eg. SAIL, Cityjet and other low cost companys. Some might argue that it is because the low cost companys are expanding, they have a low seniority and short time to upgrade. Imho that is not true. It is simply because pilots are leaving, at first chance.

latecoere240
21st Oct 2018, 20:12
Any infos if they are going to keep these SSJ 100 or are they going to replace them by another aircraft type. According to PPJN SS100s are going to be withdrawn.
CityJet pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/CityJet)
It seems that SSJ100 is a sensible topic : Brussels Airlines is not planning to renew SSJ100 wet-leases - Russian aviation news (http://www.rusaviainsider.com/brussels-airlines-not-renew-ssj100/)

It will be interesting to know by which aircraft type that they are going to use as these SSJ100 were supposed to replace the Avro. Maybe Embraer ?

spagiola
22nd Oct 2018, 12:30
It will be interesting to know by which aircraft type that they are going to use as these SSJ100 were supposed to replace the Avro. Maybe Embraer ?

CRJ900s operated by Air Nostrum, apparently.

liftman
22nd Oct 2018, 13:03
Well...if news are real bad time ahead! Ssj operation completely faulty....now what’s next?

Any inside rumour?

nightfright
22nd Oct 2018, 21:46
It appears that Sukoi is out and it will eventually be all CRJ fleet once the RJs move out ...for the moment is only RJ and CRJ

liftman
23rd Oct 2018, 19:10
Impossible, crj not certified for London city they have a lot of operations on it they absolutely need an aircraft capable to land there

nightfright
23rd Oct 2018, 22:08
Lift an good point but at this stage I am not aware of London City ops without RJ - hence probably reason they are maintaining the RJ to cover LCY

Ther Sukhoi is def out from what I have heard - either way I am not an insider so

liftman
24th Oct 2018, 04:04
What about T&c Paris operations and base? Roster atmosphere etc? Heard rumours it is supposed to be closed anyone can deny or confirm?

latecoere240
24th Oct 2018, 07:12
Cityjet has 2 bases in Paris : CDG and ORY. The latter was on behalf Of HOP ( feeder of AF) Which had to wetlease during high season in summer 2018(Jota, tradeair, cityjet..)IT can be ORY. Nothing heard for CDG, and I dont think as they are recruiting pilots( captain and FO) on ARJ For Air France flights.

liftman
24th Oct 2018, 08:23
They advertise cdg base both seats any info appreciated

spagiola
24th Oct 2018, 15:47
Impossible, crj not certified for London city they have a lot of operations on it they absolutely need an aircraft capable to land there

They've cancelled all their LCY routes, so that's no longer a requirement. Going forward, it seems they intend to only fly on behalf of others. That includes DUB-LCY on behalf of EI, using their RJ85s. (http://smiliner.com/2018/08/cityjet-to-operate-avro-rj85s-for-aer-lingus/)

latecoere240
24th Oct 2018, 20:34
They've cancelled all their LCY routes, so that's no longer a requirement. Going forward, it seems they intend to only fly on behalf of others. That includes DUB-LCY on behalf of EI, using their RJ85s. (http://smiliner.com/2018/08/cityjet-to-operate-avro-rj85s-for-aer-lingus/)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/cityjet-brand-will-no-longer-fly-own-schedule-in-aer-lingus-deal-1.3610736
Now,they are focus on wet lease / charter flight. They are not going to fly on their own brand on DUB-LCY, but they will still need aircraft able to fly to LCY when ARJ leave the fleet ( If this route is still alive).So if ARJ leave the fleet by 2020 which aircraft type can be the successor (Jet : Embraer 170/190, A220,A318, ). If we take a look on flight radar about A/C type is landing there...https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lcy/arrivals

Snowden
25th Oct 2018, 09:12
The company will retain RJ due to the great success of SSJ.
According to my sources (pilots in CityJet), it has been communicated internally that they will hold on to RJ.
Of course, they had not communicated that they plan to retire SSJ. It would be to acknowledge its mistake, of course, such a magnificent company can not do it.
Instead, one plans to retire SSJ "in silence"
It's says all about Cityjets corporate culture, Think about it when you submit your application ..

liftman
26th Oct 2018, 08:09
so:

March 19 end of wetlease bruxelles airlines
Mrch 19 end of wetlease AirFrance and no news about renewal
problem Ss100 and RJ getting older and older

it’s not seem to be a bright future am I wrong? i need info please got an interview for Rj in coming weeks base Dublin or Paris needed info in order to evaluate If coming or not.

Also Pm

tks

latecoere240
27th Oct 2018, 14:25
so:

March 19 end of wetlease bruxelles airlines
Mrch 19 end of wetlease AirFrance and no news about renewal
problem Ss100 and RJ getting older and older

it’s not seem to be a bright future am I wrong? i need info please got an interview for Rj in coming weeks base Dublin or Paris needed info in order to evaluate If coming or not.

Also Pm

tks

Well, as you said if 2 contract finish in 03/19..Don't know what will be the story with Brussel airlines as well as they plan to merge with Eurowings and there is a big uncertainty on SN during this transition period...
Regarding the bases, Paris and Dublin are 2 expensive city to live.. Accommodation in Dublin is a big issue right now.. With this salary I ask myself if it's worth it... Paris can be better, but uncertainty with SN,AF contract means we really don't know what it will be the story thereafter...

liftman
27th Oct 2018, 16:34
....so...any inside Cityjet skipper would like to enlighten?

liftman
3rd Nov 2018, 14:22
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthansa-group/brussels-airlines/gradually-phasing-out-sukhoi-superjet-100s/

https://koztimes.com/european-airline-abandoned-russian-planes/7965/ (https://koztimes.com/european-airline-abandoned-russian-planes/7965/)

So official end of SSJ era I suppose,

what next?

Inside news?

Denim and leather
4th Nov 2018, 04:31
Well, as you said if 2 contract finish in 03/19..Don't know what will be the story with Brussel airlines as well as they plan to merge with Eurowings and there is a big uncertainty on SN during this transition period...
Regarding the bases, Paris and Dublin are 2 expensive city to live.. Accommodation in Dublin is a big issue right now.. With this salary I ask myself if it's worth it... Paris can be better, but uncertainty with SN,AF contract means we really don't know what it will be the story thereafter...

And what about the Hop contract on CRJ?

dcoded
4th Nov 2018, 17:02
And what about the Hop contract on CRJ?

Rumors on the line suggest the planned 4 aircraft are no2 to be only 2.
Operations has started around 2 month ago.
Please note that the start was scheduled for 1st May, but due to lack of resources (crew) ops were postponed.

pil78
22nd Nov 2018, 19:50
Hi everyone,

I have assessment next week with cityjet.

Is there some one here that did the interview recently? Any updates on the technical part of the interview?
Thanks in advance for your input.

lalbak
27th Nov 2018, 09:21
I did the interview recently with one of the recruiters and a TRE not working for cityjet but doing the sim assessment and interview as a freelancer. Most of the interview consisted of capacity based questions in the form of "have you ever experienced this" "tell about about when that happened to you". Fairly standard questions but just a lot of them.
As for the technical part I got a few questions about alternates, fuel requirements, cold weather ops. We did not go into detail but merely touched upon the subjects lightly.
Then I was also asked what I knew about cityjet and whether I would be interested in a base other than the one I had applied for.

All questions came from a cityjet document and the answers were written down and forwarded to the appropriate department making the final decision. In my case the interviewers did not stray from these questions so there was not a lot of room to steer the interview in the direction you might want.

All in all a relaxed atmosphere and no funny tricks during the assessment.

Denim and leather
22nd Jan 2019, 12:00
I heard HOP,s contract, will be ended by next March 2019?

Thepirate
27th Jan 2019, 10:15
Any news from the inside about what’s happening with cityjet??

doesnt look rosy.... hop contract gone, superjet a disaster, massive cancellations with sas contract due lack of crews, klm contract went to stobart, no sign of Aer Lingus work apart from 2 old rj’s, brussels contract being operated by air nostrum.....

and from what i hear exodus of flight crew??!

DmanVstaal
4th Feb 2019, 09:03
Any update to happenenigs at CityJet?

Easyheat
5th Feb 2019, 16:17
To be basic: everything is the same....

High turnover of staff, crew etc. since people has a tendency to work for whoever offers the best Ts & Cs, meaning low seniority and experience.

SAS has decided that Cityjet is a strategic (long term) partner, in other words: Cityjet cancellations har no consequence, as long as it can be argued why (tech. problems, lack of staff etc). SAS will just rebook passengers to other flights.

There will be no adjustments in how management decide to run this company; hence they have decided to copy Ryanair, but in an other segment (ACMI).

Easyheat
8th Feb 2019, 06:13
https://luftfart.nu/retssag-mod-sas-leverandoer-vi-gaar-syge-paa-job-af-frygt/

Monday this week, the first of a series of lawsuits against the SAS supplier CityJet was initiated at the Labor Court in Copenhagen.

In 2017, CityJet, an Irish airline, bought the airline Cimber from SAS. Through this trade, CityJet became a supplier to SAS on the company's regional routes.

Since the acquisition, the employees and their union, the Airline Personnel Union, have experienced major challenges with the Irish management who has taken over the company. Despite the staff's attempts to solve the challenges locally, CityJet must, after one and a half years as a Danish employer, realize that the pile of accusations of breach of both the agreement and the right of management has begun to accumulate.

This week, the day of the main debate in the first case was up.

--------

At that time, the hearing had been going on for four hours, and Rune Asmussen could initiate his procedure. This was concluded with the claim that CityJet must acknowledge having abused the right of management and be ordered to pay a penalty.

Subsequently, Søren Møller Rasmussen performed his procedure with final claim for acquittal.

By this time, the hearing had been going on for almost seven hours. At just over nine o'clock in the evening, the referee panel withdrew. It is expected to fall within a few weeks.

Easyheat
26th Feb 2019, 10:46
https://luftfart.nu/cityjet-piloter-indgaar-alliance-vi-skal-undgaa-at-konkurrere-paa-arbejdsvilkaar/

Googletranslate:
A new pilot alliance has seen the light of day. It is the pilots of the airline CityJet who have teamed up with the desire for a strengthened unity across the bases where the pilots work from.The need for a transnational cohesion has arisen as CityJet has expanded its network of bases, from which flights are produced for customers all over Europe - including SAS.

"The goal is that pilots can communicate with a common voice to the management and streamline a number of conditions," says Peter Hjort, chairman of the CityJet pilots in Denmark, who have taken the initiative for the new transnational alliance.

"When the company communicates with a voice to all pilots, it is also important that we can respond with one voice and make common demands on the company. Ultimately, it's about avoiding being played against each other, ”he elaborates.

WANT ALL WITH
The Alliance is fostered through the European Cockpit Association, a pan-European pilot association.

The cooperation includes CityJet's pilot bases in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Brussels, Dublin, Paris and Tallinn and is conducted through the respective national unions.

In Scandinavia, since 2017, there has been a good relationship between the Danish pilots, organized in the Flight Industry Personnel Union, and the Finns and Swedes in the Finnish Pilot Association and the Swedish Pilot Association respectively. But the desire is to bring everyone along, explains Peter Hjort.

The pilots at the Belgian Cockpit Association, the Irish Air Line Pilot Association and SNPL (Syndicat National des Pilotes de Ligne) recently joined the community.

GETTING STARTED ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In a short time, CityJet has built up a large business around so-called ACMI flights. That is, the company produces flights on behalf of external customers, including SAS.

Precisely because the company has more customers, the pilots move around between the company's bases, in order to get the production to hang together. The cooperation between the pilots must, among other things, prevent the company from being speculated about exploiting the differences that are found in the national working rules and agreements of the individual bases.

The development in CityJet is not an isolated case. At European level, there has been a growth of 66 percent of so-called regional ACMI flights in five years. For companies such as SAS, greater flexibility is created when aircraft and staff are "hired" rather than "owned". But the development also has an inconvenient backside:

For the suppliers, it is a question of delivering a sharp price to win the contracts that SAS among other companies send in tenders. One way to keep costs down is by pressing employees' terms, showing experiences from the US, where the development is 20 years ahead.

It is this development that the pilots are now trying to counter. First of all, by talking together and creating a forum for cross-border dialogue.

AGREEMENT IS A NATIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
Although the collaboration is about defending the pilots' working conditions, there is no question of a desire for transnational agreements, Peter Hjort emphasizes.

"Agreements are first and foremost a national matter. Furthermore, there is a difference between what the pilots in the individual countries emphasize. In Copenhagen, leisure plays a role, while other bases have a desire to get the salary up, ”he says and adds:

“For us, it's all about getting the overall level up. Initially, we need to find out what makes sense. ”

According to the pilot chairman, it would be relevant to get a uniform standby and positioning, because the company moves a lot around its staff between the different bases.

Collaborating as the CityJet pilots have started here is also known from EasyJet and Norwegian.

liftman
27th Apr 2019, 12:09
hi, renewing this post since I am still receiving offers for them. It seems they are quite struggling to find crews, any idea why? Contract not the best, but not so ugly expecially on French contract but....rumours say end of AirFrance wetlease in October....so? what's next? Bad roster maybe? Financial issues?

Care to enlighten, is it a good place to join nowadays or not? F/o not married.

Tks

Easyheat
27th Apr 2019, 17:57
There is really nothing new. If you join, you will be overworked and underpaid. It is a business model, and it will not change.

Sorry....

BlueVolta
28th Apr 2019, 18:22
On the RJ Paris base contract a lot of guys are on training for months now....
They are paid and waiting for their TR as apparently CJ is struggling to train them on the RJ.

dboy
2nd Jun 2019, 08:03
I see they are recruiting FO for the BRU base on the CRJ.

Any news about their brussels airlines contract? Would be tempted to go for it ( Brussels base would be ideal) but i am a bit careful since it is a ACMI operator. On top of that, i do remember they made a huge loss in 2017 because of the expansion.

tx

Stjuk
20th Jul 2019, 07:20
Hi

I see they are recruiting DEC for CPH base.

Could anyone shed some light on pay and rosters?

Thanks

Easyheat
21st Jul 2019, 13:16
Ppjn salary adjusted for inflation, so around 61.000 ddk/month plus pension, if captain.

Most likely you will have a flex roster, 183 working days/year, those who are in fixed group has 190/year.

Normail working period is 4-6 days of sling, with an early start (check in between 0530 and 7 am) the first day, and late checkout 10-11 pm the last day, if not delayed. Often 10-13 hours of rest at a 4 star hotel, in between. You can expect between 750-850 hours/year bloc, and 1600-1900 duty/year. Average block time per sector is 1:15, so 600-750 take offs and landings in a year.

Not a commuter friendly job IMHO, due to the early starts and late CO’s.

Stjuk
21st Jul 2019, 13:23
Thanks. Much appreciated!

dboy
21st Jul 2019, 16:29
How is CJ doing nowadays? In 2017 they made a huge loss due to expansion. I was thinking to apply but have some doubts. I am interested in the Brussels base. Anyone knows what a FO earns NET with a belgian contract???

Easyheat
11th Dec 2019, 14:33
According to ppjn they are closing down HEL base:Current Situation: HEL base to close with lots of redundancies

Thepirate
16th Dec 2019, 09:45
Cityjets not doing well I don’t think

-pilot redundancies at Helsinki and probably Vilnius/Tallinn/Dublin
​​​​​​-cabin crew redundancies Dublin/Helsinki probably Vilnius/Tallinn
​​​​​​-ageing fleet with only aircraft types either out of production or within 6 months out of production. Sure some of the crj’s are ‘new build’ but its an old design with the associated lack of efficiency of new gen options.
- both contracts (SAS/brussels airlines) reducing in scale. Aer Lingus agreement reduced to a handful of LCY flights.

I would only consider if you want to live in Stockholm or Copenhagen with the caveat of above

dboy
18th Dec 2019, 20:49
The brussels-nantes operated by cityjet on behalf of SN was axed a few months ago.

Now today i ve read the Brussels- Torino operated by CJ on behalf of SN will also be axed from mid april 2020.

ACMI model seems to be not very solid.

ShamrockF
20th Dec 2019, 08:28
The brussels-nantes operated by cityjet on behalf of SN was axed a few months ago.

Now today i ve read the Brussels- Torino operated by CJ on behalf of SN will also be axed from mid april 2020.

ACMI model seems to be not very solid.

I'd be surprised if their ACMI contracts were route specific, and doubt it'll affect them. The aircraft will just be assigned to another route.

liftman
21st Dec 2019, 09:45
What about avro RJ crews? Still paris base or is it closed?

I suspect not so much flying for them then