PDA

View Full Version : what airline have I applied for?!!!

Little Miss Perfect!
2nd Jul 2002, 15:44
Hi

This is my first post on PpruNe, so I'm not sure if this should be in the Cabin Crew or Questions forum- sorry if it's wrong!

Anyway, after 5 years looking after the kids I've decided it's time to get back in the air.
One of the airlines I applied for sounds like they're planning to start up at Gatwick. I've sent them my full CV and a colour photo (as they requested in the ad I saw) but I haven't yet had a response. :(

In their cabin crew advert all they said was that they're a new luxury airline at Gatwick and were looking to start a.s.a.p. (by the way, what is a 'luxury' airline- I've not heard this category before?! :confused: )

Does anyone know what this company is, where they plan to fly to, what aircraft they'll use and is it wise for me to get involved?!

Thanks and I can't wait to be up there again! :)

Psr777
3rd Jul 2002, 12:18
Sorry to disappoint you, but the "new luxury airline" that was to fly out of Gatwick with 767's and 777's was actually a fake.

A colleague went to the interview, was put through some pretty embarassing stuff only to find out it was in fact research for a television documentary and they had been filmed thoughout.

They were offered £1000.00 to co-operate with the producers and allow themselves to be used on TV.

There was a notice alerting all our cabin crew to it and that's all I know.

GB are still recruiting though I think !:p

sweety
3rd Jul 2002, 14:56
ASTRAEUS is still recruiting as far as I know!

Click here!! (www.flyastraeus.com)

Good luck!
;)

starbag
3rd Jul 2002, 20:29
Sorry, but Astraeus closed recruitment today for their next course. Future courses starting this autumn. I know GB and European are crying out for crew.