PDA

View Full Version : Class one Hearing limits

SPEEDBIRD5FP
2nd Jul 2002, 15:16
After meeting the initial class on hearing limits, i was wondering, do the limits now lower due to being exposed to noisy a/c over a couple of years or are they just the same as the initial???

Cpt BirdSeed
3rd Jul 2002, 07:51
Lower for renewals!! - Thank god!!

Check the CAA website for exact limits.

DXB
10th Jul 2002, 21:55
Capt Birdspeed I have been to the CAA web site the info that I found is about the Doc speaking 2mts away from you and being able to hear him, then they go on to say about a audiogram for prof pilots but they do not give limits, would you know what those limits are or could you advise of a website where we can find the exact limits for our age group.
Thks in advance

Baldie Man
15th Jul 2002, 10:22
Pardon?

Red Eyed Dog
21st Jul 2002, 13:32
You will find that the CAA are very tolerant and patient over this issue. Even if you cannot meet the required JAA hearing frequency test levels, the next step is a practical hearing test (could be in a sim) to assess you ACTUAL ability to hear in your true working environment. The CAA's attitude is one of - can this person still do their job safely - can't get much fairer than that.

BA unfortunately does appear to want to impose more stringent limits on its staff as a company whereas most other companies leave this sort of area to the CAA.

I tell you all this from my own personal experience.

DXB
2nd Aug 2002, 13:19
R.E.D

Thks for the info been to a E.N.T done the test looks like have lost about 35% to 45 % in left ear but right ear is fine.
Do the FAA also folllow similar guide lines as you mentioned with the CAA.
Thks in Adv: