PDA

View Full Version : Wots Santa gonna do now ?

racedo
29th Aug 2016, 21:21
Lightning Kills More Than 300 Reindeer in Rare Mass Death (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/norway-reindeer-lightning-weather/)

First thought was tell the kids no Santa as all the reindeers dead..................... that will save a small fortune :E

sitigeltfel
29th Aug 2016, 22:12
Oh deer!

Lll

onetrack
30th Aug 2016, 11:19
Hardangervidda, the largest high mountain plateau in northern Europe.So, the syllable accent in the word "Hardangervidda" is on the "danger" part of the name? :)

323 dead reindeer. I'm just glad I'm not a reindeer herder in the high mountain plateaus of Norway. :(

G-CPTN
30th Aug 2016, 13:22
I would imagine that the carcasses are still usable.

Reindeer meat anyone?

Ancient Mariner
30th Aug 2016, 13:25
So, the syllable accent in the word "Hardangervidda" is on the "danger" part of the name? :)

323 dead reindeer. I'm just glad I'm not a reindeer herder in the high mountain plateaus of Norway. :(

These are wild animals. No herders, only hunters around.
Per

RedhillPhil
30th Aug 2016, 13:56
G-CPTN. Those carcases are looking to be a little bloated already.

Ancient Mariner
30th Aug 2016, 16:57
I would imagine that the carcasses are still usable.

Reindeer meat anyone?
No diseases found in the animals, they will be left where they are for natural recycling. Will make many foxes, wolverine, birds of prey and small carnivores happy.
Per

Peter-RB
30th Aug 2016, 19:06
I ate Reindeer at Levi about 15 years ago, very tasty and went well with the -24deg..wonderful Country and very friendly people..who also seem to like a drink or two...;)

Ancient Mariner
30th Aug 2016, 19:51
I ate Reindeer at Levi about 15 years ago, very tasty and went well with the -24deg..wonderful Country and very friendly people..who also seem to like a drink or two...;)
Goes well with a good red too. ;)
Per