PDA

View Full Version : Renting around FAB

SoFarFromHome
29th Aug 2016, 12:12
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a property as a buy to let near FAB and wondered if there might be any demand for pilots/cabin crew in the area?

It might be nice to market it towards fellow crew ;)

Would crew live as far out as Basingstoke?

Prices seem a bit more reasonable that way.

Any thoughts on the local housing/rental market much appreciated.

SFFH

pax britanica
29th Aug 2016, 19:54
FAB is in a very very high price area even for Southern UK, not so much Farnborough itself but neighbouring Fleet Camberley and farnham are very pricey indeed as are the smaller villages like Yateley and Hartley Wintney and Badshot Lea

Basingstoke isnt a bad idea at all or Hook neither cheap but more affordable esp Basingstoke and only 15 mins buy train to FAB and the same by car unless you are in rush hour . Aldershot is alot cheaper but although not everyones favourite palce there are alot of new developemnts on the edge of the town which would work well for rentalss

there are number of serviced apartments that ahve been developed locally pretty much for the FAB crew trade

justa few ideas from a local

SoFarFromHome
2nd Sep 2016, 01:28
Hi pax Britanica,

Thanks very much for your local perspective.

I hadn't thought of Aldershot so I will look into that as a possibility and the serviced apartment idea seems very good as well.

As I am quite far away Ill need to find someone to manage the apartment, if it was to be a serviced apartment perhaps a local company could do this for me at some cost I imagine.

Thanks again for your help Ill keep researching,

Regards,

SFFH