PDA

View Full Version : It's like having my own personal airshow...

Gin Slinger
2nd Jul 2002, 11:34
To the boys from Brize & Benson....

I'm live in Charlbury and I just thought I'd write a thank you note for all the low flying fixed and rotary winged craft we've had over our town recently.

Just yesterday we had an impressively low Herc zip past us whilst I was out mowing the lawn - made me look up! It was surprisingly quiet actually.

Can I make a request for my up coming birthday - could Jim fix it for a VC10 to scream past my house at the Vne at 1000' AGL?

****** what the Guardian reading, hand ringing, local council-types say, keep up the good work lads!

WE Branch Fanatic
2nd Jul 2002, 22:54
Since the RAF pulled out from Chivenor (SAR excluded) I don't see so many aircraft about as up to and before the early nineties but being in Devon I quite often see Sea Harriers from Yeovilton on practice sorties.

Can't help feeling they are flying the wrong way though......the Treasury is the other way. And should you be tooled up with (live) bombs and cannon?:mad:

The Nr Fairy
3rd Jul 2002, 05:31
Ditto for the boys and girls whizzing up and down the Vale of Pewsey in things ranging from Gazelles to things so fast they'd gone before I saw them.

What's the chances of getting an aerial piccie of my house - one of you must have a camera ? :D