PDA

View Full Version : Help for Heros NATO

juliet
27th Aug 2016, 06:43
Hi guys, hopefully a really quick one.

Trying to buy a NATO strap from the HfH website but I can't find the listing. Can anyone see what I'm missing and helpfully post a link? I can buy one off eBay etc but I want to know that the proceeds are going to to right people.

Cheers!

Pontius Navigator
28th Aug 2016, 08:08
One eBay listing promises 50% to HfH, another 15% to SSAFA.

The first is 50% of £7.99 and the other 15% of £2.99.

MWCwatches.com who make them donate 75% of £7.95. This is the largest donation in cash and lowest cost strap.

Google is your friend

Dan Gerous
28th Aug 2016, 11:32
Why don't you just donate the money directly and cut out the middle man?

barnstormer1968
28th Aug 2016, 11:44
I'm not sure if the OP is trying to buy a G10 strap in HfH colours or just an 18/20mm strap in general.
There are lots of makers for straps all over the Internet, ranging from £2.99 upwards. My 'issue' watches have 18 and 20mm straps respectively and I've bought them from a variety of sellers in various colours.
Buying the strap from 'A.N. Other' and then simply donating to HfH actually gives HfH the biggest percentage of donation.

Pontius Navigator
28th Aug 2016, 16:06
My MWC link gets you the strap for £2 with £6 to HfH, difficult to beat that.

BEagle
28th Aug 2016, 19:16
Unfortunately H4H seem to have a habit of discontinuing certain lines, concentrating on rather gaudy items with wider appeal to the masses.

Their first back polo shirts had a discreet 'medal' logo and looked very smart. But they stopped doing them and the current range is rather gaudy, in my view.

They used to sell 3-colour cummerbunds, watch straps and belts. None of which seem to be available these days. Which is a shame....

But clearly maximising revenue is important for the benefit of those for whom H4H provides help, so I guess they have to keep their range small and concentrate on better-selling items.

juliet
29th Aug 2016, 01:47
Pontius - Google is indeed my friend, hence I knew that I could get one from eBay.

Dan - regular doner to HfH, I just also want to get the strap and would prefer that all proceeds went to the organisation.

Barnstormer - after the strap in HfH colours.

I'm not interested in a percentage of the proceeds going to HfH, I want all the proceeds to go to HfH, hence I don't want to buy off eBay etc.

I've seen them sold through the HfH website before so know they used to be there, perhaps they just don't sell them anymore.

Cheers anyway.

Pontius Navigator
29th Aug 2016, 10:34
Juliet, but did you find MWC?

juliet
29th Aug 2016, 17:46
Yes Pontius I've seen the MWC site, but again it only offers a percentage of profits to HfH, not the full amount. This is why I was trying to buy from the HfH website.

Pontius Navigator
29th Aug 2016, 18:45
Juliet, I accept that but realistically £8 to HfH for which you receive a watch strap is not going to put £8 into the charity pot. AFAIK the non-military charity I am with is the only one where £100 in is also £100 out.

barnstormer1968
29th Aug 2016, 19:08
Juliet.
Are you looking for an 18 or 20mm strap?