PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get In Food Ruts?

meadowrun
27th Aug 2016, 00:39
I do.
Fettucini Alfredo, bacon sandwiches, burgers, peanut butter sarnies and others.

Currently cheese and tomato sandwiches and cheese and tomato salads.

Happily tomatoes are at the peak of harvest season. Such a nice fruit/veggie always tasty and cool on a hot day.

PingDit
27th Aug 2016, 01:04
I do, all the time. My wife cooked me a lovely brunch today; egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes on fried bread...yummy.
Then I came back from the finest Cornish cider in my local and had.. a very large bacon sarnie :o(
Does that make me bad?

chevvron
27th Aug 2016, 01:53
Yes and I'm jealous!

pzu
27th Aug 2016, 02:02
PingDit

Not Bad just LUCKY :D

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

ChrisVJ
27th Aug 2016, 03:03
I thought not but now a days if I don't get my bacon, egg and home fries breakfast at weekends I get withdrawal symptoms. (Shaking limbs, drooling, hunger pains etc!)

onetrack
27th Aug 2016, 06:59
Food ruts? Or specific, single-dish, food urges? A rut insinuates boredom and something that one can't get out of.

I think I went through food urges when I was younger - but with age, food boredom sets in, and it's a struggle to think up something completely different to eat each mealtime, that's not been already eaten in recent days.

DirtyProp
27th Aug 2016, 07:05
I think I went through food urges when I was younger - but with age, food boredom sets in, and it's a struggle to think up something completely different to eat each mealtime, that's not been already eaten in recent days.
That's when senility comes in handy.

treadigraph
27th Aug 2016, 07:31
Off for a full English in Croydon in a few minutes. Mmmmm. Do eat some dishes regularly, other nights it's whatever grabs my fancy, or something that was spectacularly cheap in local Tesco. Got a thing about steak at the mo.

Is that bacon I can smell...?

Allan Lupton
27th Aug 2016, 08:54
Many folk have the same breakfast menu every day for years on end and nobody thinks it in any way odd.
What's wrong with the idea of having the same basic lunch or dinner every day (with seasonal variations one hopes!) once you've found something you like?

Peter-RB
27th Aug 2016, 09:16
My wife is a Nurse, she is wonderful in all departments.;). except in the food department, for everything I like is Bad for me,, Bacon Steak, Eggs , Chips,/potatoes in general, White bread with butter to soak up juices from previous named foods, Rice pudd is my favourite sweet even that is rationed, All beers/Ciders, Gin/Scotch and wine are equally bad for me so hence my three visits a week to the Rugby Club plus my palls Transport Cafe and the local Guinness and Steak Lunch at the "Lord Nelson" or the "Dog and Gun"

Other than that I try to eat correctly..:=

Pontius Navigator
27th Aug 2016, 09:39
Sure, pint of tea with breakfast every day, curiously coffee at elevenses, then lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and an evening snack. I really must get out of this RUT.

Mind you, a cruise approaches so that will change my routine:

Early breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, late supper.

PingDit
27th Aug 2016, 10:55
Ooooh! oooh! ..Go on...you know you want to...

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n608/PingDit/Full%20English.jpg (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/PingDit/media/Full%20English.jpg.html)

Tankertrashnav
27th Aug 2016, 11:10
Only one egg? No fried bread? No black pudding?

Looks dangerously healthy to me :=

;)

G-CPTN
27th Aug 2016, 11:13
3 of your daily 5 there.

Peter-RB
27th Aug 2016, 11:49
at Big Al's Breakfast joint 0600 to 1400hrs near to me. We get 2 Plum Tomato's 3 sausage, 4 large Mushrooms, two eggs, 4 rashers, Black Pud (Proper not a slice) 3 slice of toast and a mug of tea or coffee..3.50..call me old fashioned but thats a breaky..:ok::D

UniFoxOs
27th Aug 2016, 12:36
Full english 2.99 at Harry Tuffins - best value around.

Juliet Sierra Papa
27th Aug 2016, 22:33
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy360/z6002007/BaconButty.jpg (http://s807.photobucket.com/user/z6002007/media/BaconButty.jpg.html)

Now that's a Butty.
;)

Fliegenmong
28th Aug 2016, 10:10
Food Rut?.....no but I do try to eat somewhat seasonal....This 'winter' just passing have made some hearty soups, meatloaf with mashed and veg tonight....but wouldn't dream of a Hainanese chicken or Thai dish in winter...same as I would not cook a Pea and Ham soup in summer...

Tankertrashnav
28th Aug 2016, 10:33
You have winter in Australia?