PDA

View Full Version : KOMA - Man Strips Down, Scales Airport Fence, Rams Truck into 737

Sawbones62
26th Aug 2016, 17:25
"A man being chased by police after breaching a security gate at Omaha's Eppley Airfield airport Thursday night, proceeded to strip down to his boxer shorts, steal a truck on the runway and ram it into the nose of a Southwest Airlines aircraft, authorities said."

Pilot and Flight Attendant received "bumps", crew and aircraft replaced after a delay.

Link (http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-strips-boxers-scales-airport-fence-rams-pickup/story?id=41664056)

Capn Bloggs
27th Aug 2016, 03:59
Only in America! :D

Fantome
27th Aug 2016, 04:06
.. . . yep . . . except we do have the odd fruit cake or effing fruit loop. Move to Melbourne , pick up a bit of good old Aussie KULTURE.

Melbourne Day 2016: could the world's most liveable city be even better? (http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/melbourne-day-2016-could-the-worlds-most-liveable-city-be-even-better-20160818-gqvbg5.html)

mickjoebill
27th Aug 2016, 06:15
Why wasn't he shot?
Careering around an airport in a truck!

Mickjoebill

Joe_K
27th Aug 2016, 12:50
Why wasn't he shot?

Yeah, right, shooting people dead is THE answer to any problem. Good strategy, let's shoot more people. :ugh:

TWT
27th Aug 2016, 12:58
Drug addled by the sound of it.Paranoia,confusion and hyperthermia seem to fit the bill here.

LLuCCiFeR
27th Aug 2016, 16:26
Well, at least everybody could see that he was not armed. At least not heavily armed.. ;)

Carbon Bootprint
28th Aug 2016, 04:46
I'm with you, TWT. In the video I saw,the guy was still screaming babble of some sort as they wheeled him off
n restraints. It would seem he perhaps got hold of some sort of, umm, pharmaceutical (or homemade) substance he wasn't accustomed to. Or couldn't handle, in any case.

mickjoebill
28th Aug 2016, 07:42
Yeah, right, shooting people dead is THE answer to any problem. Good strategy, let's shoot more people.
I didn't say it was the answer to any problem, but certainly the answer to someone ramming aircraft.

In any event the irony is US police shoot unarmed folk lying on the ground, but are not prepared to null the obvious threat!
Mjb

onetrack
28th Aug 2016, 10:03
Obviously couldn't risk damaging that very expensive aircraft with a stray round or a ricochet. Imagine the outcry and the paperwork, then? :)