PDA

View Full Version : BA Final Board

BigBadDon
6th Mar 2001, 03:36
Hello there everybody
I have my final board on the 4th April and would simply like some insight on what to expect and some advice on how to prepare. Cheers

grace
6th Mar 2001, 22:31
hi BigBadDon
i also have my final board on the 4th of april...when did you sit your aptitudes?
this is my first one so im open to advice if anyone has any

grace

ps don maybe we should get in contact

Mister Geezer
7th Mar 2001, 03:05
Hi grace

I have a friend who is going down for his FB in a few weeks. I am sure I could see if he could e-mail you and give you a bit of info if you would like?

All the very best, let me know how you get on!

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

BigBadDon
7th Mar 2001, 23:00
Mister Geeza please sort me out some tips as well cos Im pooin' it too ya know! Nice one mate

The Big Bad One (thats pooin' it!)

grace
8th Mar 2001, 02:24
hi mister geezer
hows it going? i would really appreciate that if you could get him to email me (you have my address dont you?)
mail me and tell me whats happening with you
grace

BigBadDon
8th Mar 2001, 02:40
Oi Claire dont forget me! A guy replied to me sayin...

1. Be yourself in the interview, not someone you think you are, you think they
want you to be, or someone you think you should be, they are not stupid.

2. Get the written exercise down in your head before you turn up. Just think
logically about it, they don't want qualified pilot jargon so just be logical
about it, whats sort of thing pleases customers and what wastes/saves money?

3. Treat the groups exercise VERY seriously. Again be yourself, and remember
good team working envolves listening aswell as speaking!

Please share any of your info madam!

BigBadDon

ABZ no.2
9th Mar 2001, 17:07
BigBadDon & grace,
I have my FB next week, if you research BA via both their website, appropriate magazines such as Flight int. and Airlines monthly e.t.c. and also in newspapers so that you have a good foundation knowledge of strategies, fleet and business that should help. In addition to this as many people have probably said, be yourself! Try to have a couple of examples other than your application examples of team working, leadership.... There is also a book which deals with interview questions which will help your general interview technique, title is something like 'The toughest interview questions answered.'Bright red cover! Sorry I cant be more helpful.
I may be the person Mister Geezer was refering to, e-mail me and we can help each other. United we shall stand!

BigBadDon
9th Mar 2001, 17:22
Nice one pal, u got no idea on what the written or team exercise is all about? ANY info will do!!

Cheers
The BIG BAD ONE