PDA

View Full Version : Study Books and Syllabus help?

BlackSparrow
25th Aug 2016, 17:48
Hi all! My first thread so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.

Ok so a quick break down of my situation first. I'm English, I live in France and I am building my first few hours up out here to pass my Restricted Microlight Licence. Now the main issue for me is I can't study in French. I am bilingual, but I can't understand written french all that well. So I am forced to study in English... Now this is where the problem comes up. I have been bashing my head against the wall for the last month or so trying to find study material! :ugh: I have looked high and low and I just can't seem to find anything. I've found a couple of pages that hold the basics, but I need more than that because I would like to get my PPL by the end of next year and go to University.

Does anyone know what the official microlight/PPL training manuals are? This would include everything : The aircraft's mechanics, aviation weather, airmanship, navigation, law, and the theory side of the practical flying test.

Another problem I am facing is I have been launched head first into the deep end and don't even know where to start... Basically I have been given no syllabus, no study material, no mock tests to practice with or ground schooling (I am yet to start this process). I am 10 hours into flying and I feel utterly clueless. Not to bash my instructor however! He is an incredible pilot and very supportive of my situation. I am learning so much about the Practical side of flying, and he's skillfully taught me how to land and take off effortlessly, even in hot windy french weather. I couldn't wish for a better instructor, I just need to learn the theory.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit panicked or disoriented. I just need a bit of guidance to get me on the right path, then I can sort myself out from there.

ersa
29th Aug 2016, 14:09
https://www.amazon.com/Microlight-Pilots-Handbook-Airlife-Handbooks/dp/1840372869