PDA

View Full Version : Go to pull out of BFS, EDI, GLA..?

bounty
2nd Jul 2002, 09:16
What do we make of this from the Euro Aviation Newsletter....?

Go (GO/London Stansted) will reportedly withdraw of all routes in and out of Belfast Intl, Edinburgh and Glasgow Intl because of the takeover by easyJet.

A300Man
2nd Jul 2002, 09:25
Doubt it. Go serves some routes from GLA, BFS and EDI that are NOT served by easyJet, and vice versa.

Go load factors ex-Glasgow in particular are excellent. It may be the case that a more integrated operation may be implemented from these stations.

I also heard that an easyJet 737-700 is currently in the paint shop having "Go easyJet" titles emblazoned across the fuselage.

How ironic.

morroccomole
2nd Jul 2002, 10:50
A300 man, you have duff gen. All EZY 700's are currently busy trying to maintain the summer schedule, besides which, if anything is to be emblazoned, it doesn't require a visit to the paint shop, it's all done by big decals.

2nd Jul 2002, 11:12
I would have thought that the easy/go operations at EDI and GLA would dovetail nicely...

bounty
2nd Jul 2002, 16:04
thats what I thought 1261. It wouldn't make much sense to pull GLA/EDI- STN/BRS, whatever about EDI/GLA-BFS.

Joe Curry
6th Jul 2002, 18:20
A post to alt.airports.uk.edinburgh from a Go employee
suggests that nothing has change route-wise from Scotland.
The long-awaited winter timetable will appear evidently in
mid-August. :D

dwlpl
6th Jul 2002, 19:22
"The long-awaited winter timetable will appear evidently in
mid-August"

The Go winter international schedules, plus STN-NCL, are out now. easyJets winter schedules will be out within a few days.

But with the routes BFS-GLA and BFS-EDI flown by both easyJet and Go, my guess is that the combined number of frequencies on those routes will be cut and the aircraft moved elsewhere.

Keyboard
8th Jul 2002, 18:53
This is news as far as I was aware Easy have not been able to get the finance through to buy out Go yet. I've heard that the buy out may not happen yet

dwlpl
9th Jul 2002, 00:33
The lodging of money for those intent on taking up their portion of the new share issue for the buyout is about to reach its deadline. The new share certificates will be with the shareholders in mid July. Also the EEC have cleared the buyout.

Most of easyJets winter schedules are now out in the public domain.