PDA

View Full Version : ES Comms

Boomingthru
2nd Jul 2002, 09:02
I'm currently doing a presentation/project on the aviation communications systems used by the emergency services ie, Police, Air Ambulance etc.
However there is not a lot of info floating around (that I can find anyway!)

Can any of you out there point me in the right direction with links, advice etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards................

Bt

BlueWolf
2nd Jul 2002, 10:07
Why? What for? To whom?
How can you do a presentation on something you know nothing about? Particularly on a subject which by its very nature is likely to be to an audience which is very well versed and technically competent?
Project? For what purpose?
Give us a clue, dude, or folk here are more than likely to be suspicious rather than forthcoming.
Not wearing a teatowel on your head by any chance?

WE Branch Fanatic
2nd Jul 2002, 10:46
Try any good internet search engine.

I am assumimg this presentation is for College or University, am I right? You might be able to find the basics of the systems used on places like the Home Office website. Or the CAA.

But remember emergency services aircraft used different systems and procedures to the armed forces.

Boomingthru
2nd Jul 2002, 16:31
Hey Bluewolf I see your point.
Middle Wallop, Course, Subject choice not up to me!

nuff said........

Regards.....................

Bt

YellaRednGrey
3rd Jul 2002, 07:23
You might try calling the ARCC at Kinloss and ask to speak to their Comms expert!

He's a very knowledgable chap and should be able to point you in the right direction. The VHF scene of search freq tends to solve most problems in civ/mil joint ops though.