PDA

View Full Version : MCC/JOC

l.p.
24th Aug 2016, 15:16
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a good place to do my MCC/JOC.

Some background info:
I am a modular student, living in Belgium, and just finished my CPL/ME/IR.
Currently working in the operations center for a Belgian airline in Brussels and will have to combine my work schedule with my training. I can however take some time of work (2 weeks max).

Thank you in advance for the suggestions!

SeventhHeaven
24th Aug 2016, 18:38
Simtech. 10 day MCC+JOC course, housing included, has placed a LOT of people with various airlines so the quality must be good!

My own 2cts: I attended a few years back, and while the course is not 100% perfect (which course ever is) I am happy I went there and happy with the quality/knowledge/attitude of the instructors. Obviously I can't compare it with any other.

Out of curiosity, working for TC by any chance?

l.p.
24th Aug 2016, 20:34
You guessed correctly Seventhheaven :)

I already stumbled upon Simtech but didn't know anything about the quality of their training.

petone
26th Aug 2016, 11:08
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a good place to do my MCC/JOC.

Some background info:
I am a modular student, living in Belgium, and just finished my CPL/ME/IR.
Currently working in the operations center for a Belgian airline in Brussels and will have to combine my work schedule with my training. I can however take some time of work (2 weeks max).

Thank you in advance for the suggestions!

hey there, i am looking for a "buddy" for MCC B737 at FSB Berlin, know also people who have experience with them and heard very positive feedback. price 2800euros if it is 2 of us price per person 2500. Look them up on net and let me know if u r interested. i am planning on attending the course starting 14th september.

All the best
[email protected]

l.p.
26th Aug 2016, 12:36
Hey petone,

Thanks for the offer but this would not coincide with my work schedule :s.

Good luck anyway!

CaptFlyer
26th Aug 2016, 18:43
+1 for Simtech

I did my MCC/JOC over there last year and found the quality of training and instructors very good. Most of the instructors are experienced airlines pilots : captains from Easyjet, Stobart Air, Aer Lingus...
Also Simtech was used by Ryanair until a few months ago for their sim assessments.

Pros : Good quality of training
Reasonable price which includes hotel + transport
Cons : It's a fixed based generic B737-800 sim, not full motion

That said if you have a higher budget, CAE OAA Brussels does MCC/JOC for 13.000 € on full motion B737-800 ... Some people say it is better to do it on FFS because that's what they use on assessment... but I used Simtech and passed my airline assessment on a full motion sim... Not worth the extra money for a FFS in my opinion.

RedBullGaveMeWings
26th Aug 2016, 22:09
€13.000?:ooh:
Virtual Aviation does it for £7.000 or £8.000 on a 737-800 FFS, Cardiff Aviation the same on a 747-400 and Cockpit4U for €5.000 euro on a 737-300 FFS.

But again it's MCC, not a TR. Might be beneficial for the JOC part.

P40Warhawk
27th Aug 2016, 22:34
Seriously? 13K? For few K more you have TR Plus BT. Better keep that valid every year then wasting money on MEP IR.

JOC is the modern Rip Off.

MCC is also not existing very long but has a good purpose.
JOC is biggest scam of these times.

To get into Holding Pool by CTC you also have to pay a sum like that, and MAYBE you get a job at Easy where another what? 50 K needs to be paid for TR in Easy?

If you want some money to burn then there are also opportunities to do it for like 2K or so. But 13K , Man man man. RIP OFFS.

I know at Air Baltic TR Plus BT (737NG)is around 18K. That is incl. 6 T&G's. I dont know the exact price at my former school Baltic Aviation Academy in Lithuania, but as far as I know, it is around the same price for it.

With a JOC you are maybe a bit ahead of the mass, but if you have TR then you are also way ahead because you have at least something more useful then this crazy JOC. And no need to renew or revalidate all the time your MEP rating, which is in most cases useless unless you can get a job as a Ferry Pilot or something like that on a MEP.

As mentioned, a JOC toilet paper you can also get for a lousy 2K. Of course clubs as Easyjet, Jet2, BA Cityflyer do not recognize that '' cheap'' version, because it is not done then by one of their friends JOC organisations, but he, there is more then the UK.

But if you have to spend 13K, add few more K's and you have a TR. Still not much of a use because you need hours on type, but more of a use then the utterly useless MEP.

SeventhHeaven
27th Aug 2016, 23:14
Just FYI, you can revalidate your IR in the aircraft, without doing the MEP part. I just did it myself 2 months ago. You don't need to bother with the MEP at all, so save yourself some money whenever you revalidate!

P40Warhawk
28th Aug 2016, 13:37
So far as I know you need MEP when you want to do TR.

You can keep ME IR valid when you have already TR and do your check together with your annual checks. But at that point you can let your MEP go, because that is a useless Rating.

SeventhHeaven
28th Aug 2016, 15:15
As I said, I just did it. The UK does not require you to have a valid MEP in order to have a valid ME-IR.

I know some countries have a different interpretation of the regulations, but you can save quite a bit of money by revalidating in the sim every other year and not bothering with the MEP at all (bascially 300£ for a revalidation in the sim). Even if you revalidate in aircraft, you save money by not doing the MEP part (shorter flight + lower examiner fees, saves about 200£ at least)

Even with travel costs you should still be cheaper off!

rudestuff
28th Aug 2016, 15:19
Why even get a MEP in the first place?

RedBullGaveMeWings
28th Aug 2016, 18:31
Because it is a pre-requisite to get a ME-IR.

P40Warhawk
28th Aug 2016, 19:03
MEP is involved in the whole F ATPL Training.

In Germany they say that in order to do TR you need a valid MEP. Same thing they say in Lithuania.
Otherwise I would have done just ME IR.
Travel costs I hardly have. There is here around the corner an ATO where I can do it.

Flyfede80
1st Sep 2016, 07:08
To perform an EASA TR MP you need IR ME valid...to obtain an IR ME as first time you need CR MEP before to start the training for IR ME. Stop. This is EASA FCL rules, no other way...

rudestuff
7th Sep 2016, 13:05
The licensing rules should be the same in all EASA countries - in the UK it's documented in Cap804. To clarify: You don't need to have an MEP to get an MEIR.

SeventhHeaven
9th Sep 2016, 00:54
It's amazing how little EASA pilot training focuses on practical knowledge like license privileges and limitations, and instead wants you to memorize random data.

Easy to point fingers to authorities, but airlines are guilty of this too by not vetting their selection process properly ..

alexandrantonia
19th Sep 2016, 17:16
Hello all,

It's about time for me to start looking into the different options for my MCC. I'm not planning on doing the JOC at this stage, as I can't afford it. This being said, you can probably understand that the more expensive options are out of my reach. I am looking at two different schools at the moment: Flight School Berlin and LOT Flight Academy in Warsaw. I can't seem to find many reviews or discussions about the LOT Flight Academy - would anyone have any first-hand information about it? Pricewise FSB costs 1700€ and LOT 2100€, but travel and accommodation in Warsaw is much cheaper and the school seems more accessible with public transport.

P40Warhawk
19th Sep 2016, 21:13
Try Baltic Aviation Academy. For around price of LOT you can get there MCC JOC. But exact price I dont know, although I am not a fan of this new way of sucking out money from our pockets, but you can get that certificate for almost same price as just MCC by those other schools. Lithuania living expenses will be low.

alexandrantonia
27th Sep 2016, 08:05
Thank you! I've contacted BAA to see what price they offer, but haven't received a quote yet. Does anyone else have any good suggestions?

PigeonVoyageur
27th Sep 2016, 09:00
Try Atlantic Flight Training Academy (AFTA) in Cork, Ireland. They have a fixed-base 737NG simulator. I don't know the price, you can give them a call to find out.

P40Warhawk
27th Sep 2016, 09:16
They will get back to you pretty soon Alex. Wait for it and I think you could be pretty happy with it.

MCC is done on Level D 737.

alexandrantonia
27th Sep 2016, 10:23
BAA just called and offered the MCC in A320 for 3500€ and B737 for 3000€. Way over my budget.

P40Warhawk
27th Sep 2016, 20:39
Is that including JOC?

alexandrantonia
28th Sep 2016, 09:18
Not according to what they told me - I only asked for MCC and that is what they mentioned on their email as well.

P40Warhawk
28th Sep 2016, 13:08
Ah I see, then maybe inquire as well Air Baltic Training. They offer also MCC JOC etc. Maybe a good option.

wannaflyasm
12th Dec 2016, 08:30
Hi, do you guys know any MCC+JOC 737-800 full motion for a reasonable price?

Thanks

toplad
2nd Feb 2017, 16:51
Any updates on this, I'm looking for any information on the above course