PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance for Florida Hr Building.

emu
6th Mar 2001, 03:34
Can anyone advise me of companies providing this service at a good price?

Thanks

WX Man
6th Mar 2001, 14:28
On the advice of a fellow PPRuNer, I used Traffords. They are now on the web http://www.aircraft-insurance.co.uk/ . I did not have to claim whilst I was out there, but the price seemed pretty reasonable when compared to some other quotes I was given.

EX FTE
7th Mar 2001, 00:11
This is a cut N paste of a reply to a previous post by some one else. You may want to also check the archives to see of there are any more posts on the subject

Be very careful about what the policy says. A lot of them say that your are covered for flying in light aircraft. Be specific and make sure they cover you for piloting light aircraft! I came up against that problem with American Express and others.

I eventually found a place listed in the saturday Daily Telegraph, I think they are advertise as "World Wide Travel Insurance". Its a yellow advert......

Anyway, contact Jean Bonner-Williams at
[email protected]
the Website is www.worldwideinsure.com (http://www.worldwideinsure.com)
Their mail address is
Voyager Insurance Services Ltd,
13-21 High Street,
Guildford, Surrey GU1 3DG

For 17 days cover in December of last year I paid the standard £28.50 for normal insurance plus an additional £16.50 to specifically cover piloting light aircraft. They class it as a Class 1 hazardous sport (up there with bungee jumping) but make no big deal about it. they will probably ask for a rough idea of how many hours in what type etc but nothing limiting appeared on my policy.

They will do the whole thing by email and credit card. I sorted mine out at 2 days notice. Fortunately I had no claims so I cant speak of their claims service.

Hope this helps!

Trainee pilot
7th Mar 2001, 00:18
Try traffordsinsurance.co.uk for flying/normal insurance. I used them for a trip to florida last month.

Grandad Flyer
7th Mar 2001, 05:26
There appear to be two threads running with the same topic here..
Traffords are excellent for all insurance relating to flying. They offer things like Loss of Licence insurance, even before you have a job, they can cover your training costs should anything happen.
Also, travel insurance including light aircraft flying. Its fully comprehensive and these guys are brokers and always seem to have very good policies. They even offer an annual policy for around 100 pounds, and that includes both flying and skiing trips.
Personally I have always thought it better to use a company like this, where you know for sure you are fully covered, especially if flying somewhere like the USA where liability can have very high payouts and also medical is expensive.
They have a website as previously mentioned, they are based in Herts. Just for info the 01727 833241 number has been changed to an 0870 number, I think there is still a recorded message with the new number.