PDA

View Full Version : BA2016 from Rio

25F
23rd Aug 2016, 17:42
So who got to sit in first class? So far I know one of the Brownlees brothers but not the other - who got put in business. With 59 gold medallists in the team I am guessing they had to raise the bar a bit higher!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Aug 2016, 21:37
Does it really matter? They did a grand job..

KelvinD
23rd Aug 2016, 23:12
Indeed they did! (do a grand job). Then BA buggered it up by arriving 20 or 30 minutes ahead of their ETA of 10:19. Then, just to rub it in, they landed on the "wrong" runway, 27L, while I was all armed and prepared with camera on the 27R approach! Doh!
I am sure I heard a snippet on the radio to the effect that at least one of the athletes was upgraded by either an additional payment or an air miles deal.

Groundloop
24th Aug 2016, 09:05
With 59 gold medallists in the team I am guessing they had to raise the bar a bit higher!

But not all 59 were on board. Quite a few returned earlier after their own events finished eg Andy Murray flew out with Nadal the moring after he received his medal - over a week ago.

25F
24th Aug 2016, 12:46
@HD - just interested, really.
@Kelvin - this was not the regular BA flight (which is a 777) but a special which I suspect BA laid on in return for masses of lovely PR. So no upgrades required.
@Groundloop - most of the team came back on this one.
Rio 2016: Team GB fly home on 'victoRIOus' British Airways flight as future of British Olympics is secured | Olympics | Sport | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016-team-gb-fly-home-tokyo-2020-funding-medal-table-british-airways-flight-party-a7204686.html) has some coverage but manages to confuse the number of medals with the number of medal-holders.