PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Americans try to invade Canada!

rotornut
23rd Aug 2016, 01:56
U.S. partiers wash up in Canada, blown across St. Clair River - Windsor - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/floatdown-sarnia-americans-wash-ashore-1.3730792)

meadowrun
23rd Aug 2016, 07:13
If they came last Saturday, Canada was Closed.......
for the last Tragically Hip concert in Kingston.
The CBC actually cancelled their Olympics coverage and aired all three hours of the concert.

ExXB
23rd Aug 2016, 12:50
I would imagine they had more problems returning to the US than visiting Canada. AFAIK US citizens don't require passports to visit Canada, but they do need one to return home.

Pity they didn't take their rubbish with them.

newfieboy
23rd Aug 2016, 17:29
I can say yes, Canada pretty much closed last Saturday night. Luckily we were in Timmins on a spray job. Got the evening off due torrential rain and huge Tstorms. Bars and restaurants jam packed just for The Hip concert. Truly an awesome event. Good luck Gord, you are an inspiration to Canada. Tragically Hip, yep the most Canadian band in the World for sure.

evansb
23rd Aug 2016, 17:52
Did a single American claim asylum or refugee status from a potential Donald Trump presidency? Probably not.

Did a single American say "Now that I am on the Canadian side, can I stay and watch The Tragically Hip concert?".. Probably not.

Interesting random (and small) sample of the washed up Americans. Look mostly youngish, whitish, non blackish, non Asian-ish, and not any burkas or hijabs in evidence.

I guess it is just a water sports demographic thing...:)

racedo
23rd Aug 2016, 18:48
Should have treated them the same way as Aussies do to Illegal immigrants :E

obgraham
23rd Aug 2016, 19:03
Should have treated them the same way as Aussies do to Illegal immigrants :E
They did. Loaded em into buses and shipped them back.

vapilot2004
23rd Aug 2016, 19:09
They're obviously on their way to Ottawa to try and convince your new PM to come and run the states for the next 4 years since we've got squat going on in that department here. Rumour has it, we would even learn the words to O Canada!

llondel
23rd Aug 2016, 19:25
It was a trial run. Expect a lot more such incidents after November if Trump wins.

obgraham
23rd Aug 2016, 22:09
Nah. Trudeau can stay there. First thing he did after assuming dictatorship was change the words of O Canada.

Think what he would do to ours. "Bombs bursting in air" would have to go. Perhaps "Fairies flitting in air".

racedo
23rd Aug 2016, 22:19
They did. Loaded em into buses and shipped them back.

Hardly

Concentration camps on islands where people abused..................... can't be illegal as Aussies are doing it.

rotornut
23rd Aug 2016, 23:29
This reminds me of the song:
"What shall we do with the drunken sailor(s)
What shall we do..."

Ancient Mariner
24th Aug 2016, 06:56
This reminds me of the song:
"What shall we do with the drunken sailor(s)
What shall we do..."
I don't know what you'd like to with drunken sailors, but I do know what drunken sailors would like to do. :E
Per

cdtaylor_nats
24th Aug 2016, 07:35
Sounds like thin excuses for the first Trump refugees.

GrumpyOldFart
25th Aug 2016, 02:51
Did you notice at the end of the article:

With files from Peter Duck

Flash2001
25th Aug 2016, 03:04
Learning the words to "O Canada" is an ongoing obligation, they keep changing.

After an excellent landing etc...

reynoldsno1
29th Aug 2016, 02:41
Crossed the land border into Canada a few days ago (alien passport holders) - 60sec chat with immigration officer to get into Canada. Coming back 90 sec chat with immigration officer to get into USA. Port Huron/Sarnia Bluewater Bridge.

Bergerie1
29th Aug 2016, 15:36
Was that in 1812?

ExXB
29th Aug 2016, 18:19
Shhh! They don't like to be told they lost that one.

Despite their disagreements about the start of the war, they agree about the end. The British won, despite what Americans may think. The British kept Canada, as well as the maritime policies that Americans say were the reason for the war. Still, almost everyone involved walked off happy. The Americans are happy because they think they won. The Canadians were happier because they know they won--they remained part of the British Empire. And the British are happiest because they’ve forgotten all about it.

West Coast
29th Aug 2016, 20:28
I think Canada will like the refugees it gets if Hillary is elected as they'll be working class folks not looking for a handout.

Cazalet33
29th Aug 2016, 20:53
And if the Mussolini guy gets in, expect a lot more than 1,500 of the bastards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2AlIJ621c

West Coast
29th Aug 2016, 22:34
Each with two hands looking for a fistful of handouts.

Two unless sharia has seen otherwise.

rotornut
30th Aug 2016, 01:54
On July 12, 1812, General William Hull led an invading American force of about 1,000 untrained, poorly equipped militia across the Detroit River and occupied the Canadian town of Sandwich (now a neighborhood of Windsor, Ontario). By August, Hull and his troops (numbering 2,500 with the addition of 500 Canadians) retreated to Detroit, where they surrendered to a significantly smaller force of British regulars, Canadian militia and Native Americans, led by British Major General Isaac Brock and Shawnee leader Tecumseh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
Fortunately we gave up Detroit during peace negotiations.