PDA

View Full Version : US General Aviation accident rate hit new low

Horatio Leafblower
23rd Aug 2016, 00:42
Fatal Fixed-wing Genav Accident Rates Reach New Lows

Non-commercial fixed-wing fatal accidents have reached new lows, a mark that the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Air Safety Institute credits at least in part to a strong industry/government collaborative effort to boost general aviation safety. AOPA’s ASI released the 25th Joseph T. Nall Report this month, finding that for the first time in the report’s history, non-commercial fixed-wing fatal accidents fell below one per 100,000 flight hours. That rate occurred in 2013, which was the most recent complete set of annual accident data and findings that ASI could track for the 25th edition of the Nall report.

Early data on fatal accidents in 2014 point to a slight uptick in the rate, but the number of accidents in that year is among the three lowest on record and well below the most recent 10-year average. “There is good reason to be optimistic as general aviation moves forward,” said ASI senior v-p George Perry. “I am encouraged by the achievements to date and the positive safety trends.”

Perry noted the numerous government/industry initiatives, pointing to the Part 23 rewrite, the updated FAA compliance philosophy and efforts to encourage installation of voluntary equipment. “I can’t recall a time where industry, government and associations have been so well aligned to help improve general aviation safety,” he said.

Read Expanded Version (http://ea.ecn5.com/Clicks/ZnhxSmxEbkttSkwrSXF1ejNTbmJsWWw2T210WWVRNDNDeHNoTUFRNEVycFds M2ZIMTFvMW9wQ1RNeGkrRjFRaA%3d%3d)

PLovett
23rd Aug 2016, 13:07
“I can’t recall a time where industry, government and associations have been so well aligned to help improve general aviation safety,” he said.

Oh how I wish the same could be said for here.

LeadSled
24th Aug 2016, 15:37
Folks,
And wouldn't it be nice if our safety record was at least in coeee of the US results.
There are pretty clear reasons why the difference, but mostly nobody here (particularly CASA) wants to know.
Tootle pip!!

Horatio Leafblower
24th Aug 2016, 22:16
Leadsled,

Australia leads the world in Safety regulations. Rules make the world a safer place.

It's dinosaurs like you that hold the world back. Oh for the return of the Julia Gillard government. They were the most productive parliament in Australian history and wrote and enacted more rules than any other.

I felt much safer then.

Fantome
24th Aug 2016, 22:49
Oh how I wish the same could be said for here

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
If turnips were watches, I'd wear one by my side.
If "if's" and "and's" were pots and pans,
There'd be no work for tinkers' hands.

Sadly, no one has found the magic fix across our wide brown land. And will not probably, any time soon.

(Boyd Munro tried his best, but lost heart, the dear old maverick. Where are you now Boyd? Back at Ward's Mistake?)

The name is Porter
25th Aug 2016, 10:30
I couldn't effing believe it at the time, Gillard boasting about how much legislation was passed under her government. Only ******** Australians would boast about something like that. Australians love rules and regulations, the more nannying the better. Can't think for themselves anymore, CASA is a symptom of that.

Anyone that flies GA in the USA will experience a revelation. FREEDOM. Anyone that defends the way Australia does GA is delusional, confused & ignorant. The sad part is that people listen to the masturbators leading all of the aviation industry sectors in this country about how they are 'the best in the world' at what they do.

Jabawocky
25th Aug 2016, 21:35
And Gillard was trained as ? :-)

Is it any surprise.

Kerry Packer was correct. Before you pass any new laws, you have to repeal an equal number. Now the ratio should be 5or maybe 10:1