PDA

View Full Version : Best Electronic Pilot Logbook

Pages : [1] 2

lotuslash
20th Aug 2016, 09:33
Hello everyone,

I did the search function but couldn't find any specific updated info on my question.

What's your opinion the best pilots electronic logbook nowadays? ( I was on Logbookten until they sell it too pricy)

Many thanks for your help,

Have a lovely day

Propellerpilot
20th Aug 2016, 10:22
MCC Pilotlog. Period.:ok:

FerrisBueller
20th Aug 2016, 14:20
Second that for MCC Pilotlog. It's Excellent, easy to use and can be set up as you wish yourself. Free version and two different levels of paid version with a one time payment. Highly recommend it!

Sydy
20th Aug 2016, 16:57
I have been using Logbook Pro for 15 years and I like it very much. I recommend it.

RedBullGaveMeWings
20th Aug 2016, 20:51
+1 for mccPILOTLOG:ok:

Klimax
21st Aug 2016, 08:49
LogTen Pro for iOS devices is great. Good luck.

RedBullGaveMeWings
21st Aug 2016, 11:19
Had you read the OP's post, you would have noticed he is migrating from LogTen Pro as it became just way too expensive. I know plenty of pilots that moved from LogTen Pro to Safelog and mccPILOTLOG.

fatmanmedia
21st Aug 2016, 22:59
mccPILOTLOG ent user here, one off 69 euro payment for all the features that you will ever need.

Fats

Klimax
22nd Aug 2016, 02:31
Had you read the OP's post, you would have noticed he is migrating from LogTen Pro as it became just way too expensive. I know plenty of pilots that moved from LogTen Pro to Safelog and mccPILOTLOG.

No, I didn't read it, what did it say???

(I screwed it up, and didn't read it properly, sorry lads).

rumour mill
24th Aug 2016, 17:57
+1 Mccpilotlog, they automatically imported my logbook from my previous logbook. I loved the one-off payment option and I can log flights with Blackberry, Android, ipad, and both laptops I have.

SeventhHeaven
24th Aug 2016, 18:41
As a wannabe, I use MCCPilotlog and think it is a decent, free alternative among other, fairly expensive options.

zakka
17th Sep 2016, 11:09
MCCpilotlog :ok:

EatMyShorts!
18th Sep 2016, 19:53
mccPILOTLOG as well. Very happy, good support when things go wrong.

theWings
14th Nov 2016, 13:11
Does mccPilotLog work directly on the mac (yet)??? I think it needs a Windows emulator??

CL300
14th Nov 2016, 14:01
Safelog for me.....I liked the fact that data are stored locally and not only in the cloud

testpanel
14th Nov 2016, 14:05
Safelog:ok:

ludosky350
8th Dec 2016, 19:12
FLYLOGIO (https://www.flylogio.com/pilot-logbook) is really one of the best one.
I discoverd it looking for an easy, simple and accomplished electronic logbook.
Firstly it is free ! And it is very well designed with all the features you may expect from an electronic logbook !

Trim Stab
9th Dec 2016, 18:17
Flylogio looks interesting at quick glance - but what's the business plan? There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Lucky_lee
4th Jan 2019, 08:47
Flylogio looks interesting at quick glance - but what's the business plan? There is no such thing as a free lunch.
They just fixed that. It is now a 9€ a month subscription, or you will get an annoying popup with every click, that can't be removed for 10-20 seconds.
This actually makes them more expensive than LogTen Pro.
I have been using Flylogio for a little over 2 years, and was very happy until now.

I am at this very moment looking at getting mcc Pilotlog.

Phalare
4th Jan 2019, 15:22
They just fixed that. It is now a 9€ a month subscription, or you will get an annoying popup with every click, that can't be removed for 10-20 seconds.
This actually makes them more expensive than LogTen Pro.
I have been using Flylogio for a little over 2 years, and was very happy until now.

I am at this very moment looking at getting mcc Pilotlog.

Hey Lucky Lee,
I am in the same case, I've been using Flylogio for a while and really disappointed about their new price...108 euros per year ?! This is really not worth it, even though I really liked it so far. What a shame. A fixed subscription could be interesting but not such a monthly price..
I am also looking at mccPilotlog, but I am a bit struggling with the import process. If you figure out an easy way of doing it.. (I have many errors so far when I import my data from Flylogio..)

EatMyShorts!
4th Jan 2019, 21:06
I am also looking at mccPilotlog, but I am a bit struggling with the import process. If you figure out an easy way of doing it.. (I have many errors so far when I import my data from Flylogio..)You may want to contact the people at mccPilotlog, they are helpful and will be happy to assist you, I guess.

ford cortina
6th Jan 2019, 09:34
Been using Skylog Pro for over 10 years, I am very happy with it. One off purchase of £59.90. No other charges after. Every few weeks I back up my logbook and email it to myself. Simple, quick and efficient. very good customer service.

Lucky_lee
10th Jan 2019, 07:17
Hey Lucky Lee,
I am in the same case, I've been using Flylogio for a while and really disappointed about their new price...108 euros per year ?! This is really not worth it, even though I really liked it so far. What a shame. A fixed subscription could be interesting but not such a monthly price..
I am also looking at mccPilotlog, but I am a bit struggling with the import process. If you figure out an easy way of doing it.. (I have many errors so far when I import my data from Flylogio..)

That's what ticked me off too. If it had been 5€ a month then I could live with it, but 9€ is just to much. I actually wrote this to them, and got a reply that they would take it in to consideration, but they also argued that LogTen Pro still was more expensive, since their full packed place them at 113 € a year.
About the transfer of hours, you need to export your hours from Flylogio, and then use converter from mccPilotlog homepage to get it converted to their format. I would post you the link, but I haven't made enough posts yet on this forum :)
They say it takes about 8 days, but they have automated the process so it only took about 8 min. The transfer is then just a matter of following their guide in the program.
It wont transfer stuff like type of approach and simulators, and you will probably have to fix the aircraft's as well.
Right now I am running the free version of mccPilotlog, and I have to admit that I like Flylogios setup more. A lot of the stuff I am missing, will probably be fixed once I buy their full setup, but I still find the Flylogio setup more smooth and easy to use.

Intrance
10th Jan 2019, 15:07
You may want to contact the people at mccPilotlog, they are helpful and will be happy to assist you, I guess.

Can not exactly share that sentiment. While I've been using mccPilotlog for years and have had almost no issues, I recently had to deal with their support and it was a pain. The software would not launch on multiple freshly installed Windows systems. Included in my first support request were error logs, an educated guess from my side and plenty of information. I had to go through about 6 cycles of completely unrelated questions, and just gave up when they wanted to set up a Teamviewer session because I knew it would be pretty hopeless.

If even one person who actually works with or on the software had taken a look at the error logs I sent the problem would have been solved in a single email. Instead I have to deal with incompetent support.

The issue turned out to be localization, the software didn't seem to recognize a Windows language setting that was different from EN-US, even though the system language itself was full English etc. Super easy fix for them to implement in the software, but due to their kind of hopeless support it probably won't be fixed anytime soon. Because even explaining the issue to them after I solved it, they still didn't understand. There was also supposed to be a new version (5.0) out at the end of 2017 but not a word about it in all of 2018. It feels to me like the actual developers are not in the house anymore and it's only given very basic updates.

So, while the software works, and works well for now, I'm not all that hopeful about continued support myself. Just something to think about for people still looking for the best solution.

Phalare
10th Jan 2019, 16:29
That's what ticked me off too. If it had been 5€ a month then I could live with it, but 9€ is just to much. I actually wrote this to them, and got a reply that they would take it in to consideration, but they also argued that LogTen Pro still was more expensive, since their full packed place them at 113 € a year.
About the transfer of hours, you need to export your hours from Flylogio, and then use converter from mccPilotlog homepage to get it converted to their format. I would post you the link, but I haven't made enough posts yet on this forum :)
They say it takes about 8 days, but they have automated the process so it only took about 8 min. The transfer is then just a matter of following their guide in the program.
It wont transfer stuff like type of approach and simulators, and you will probably have to fix the aircraft's as well.
Right now I am running the free version of mccPilotlog, and I have to admit that I like Flylogios setup more. A lot of the stuff I am missing, will probably be fixed once I buy their full setup, but I still find the Flylogio setup more smooth and easy to use.

Thanks Lucky_lee ! I have done it a few days ago, and although it took me some annoying hours to get the right figures, the transfer is now done.
Indeed, I lost the type of approaches but I can live with it..
So far I'm pretty happy about Mcc, it looks more professional and there are a lot of interesting options if you buy the PRO version. Only drawback so far is the design which looks extremely old and the fact that it takes some time to understand how everything works.

eeeaddict
22nd Jan 2019, 18:45
Is there any reason to not use excel?

ChickenHouse
25th Jan 2019, 11:17
Is there any reason to not use excel?
Doesn't impress the miniskirt bikini top?

Banana Joe
25th Jan 2019, 13:09
Thanks Lucky_lee ! I have done it a few days ago, and although it took me some annoying hours to get the right figures, the transfer is now done.
Indeed, I lost the type of approaches but I can live with it..
So far I'm pretty happy about Mcc, it looks more professional and there are a lot of interesting options if you buy the PRO version. Only drawback so far is the design which looks extremely old and the fact that it takes some time to understand how everything works.
They should release v5 in February so maybe there will be a refresh of the layout as well.

Son of a Beech
26th Jan 2019, 21:44
They should release v5 in February so maybe there will be a refresh of the layout as well.

thats what they said a year ago, we’ll see

Intrance
27th Jan 2019, 18:15

The version 5.0 was supposed to be released end of 2017 already... don't hold your breath.

Banana Joe
27th Jan 2019, 19:57
During my last exchange with them they even told me the week. Third week of February.

Now one can only hope...

Intrance
28th Jan 2019, 09:07
Yeah, I'll go with the tried and true "seeing it before believing it" in this case :P. So let's wait and see indeed.

obelix360
31st Jan 2019, 13:17
Also using mccPilotlog. Happy with this.
Are Electronic Pilot Logbooks acceptable from companies? In case someone has missed the paperbook?

Banana Joe
31st Jan 2019, 14:36
Ryanair don't accept electronic logbooks. At least this is what they have written in their briefing pack. I guess they actually mean electronic format so you can print it, but don't quote me on this.

Son of a Beech
1st Feb 2019, 02:15
Also using mccPilotlog. Happy with this.
Are Electronic Pilot Logbooks acceptable from companies? In case someone has missed the paperbook?

They are acceptable to the French, and Dutch CAA and some minor companies I flew for.

Back in 2004 Netjets didn’t approve it. So I spend two days writing in my flights in a paper logbook. When I asked the why they wanted paper they said because it was less likely to be fraudulent. I thought that without problems I could have been writing in 300 hrs space shuttle with 3 lunar landings and they wouldn’t have known the difference, but obviously didn’t point this out on my interview. My “original” paper copy logbooks where approved. But I stop writing again after that. It’s the new millennium, if it’s good enough for the CAA, it’s good enough for me.

BTW, using MCCflightlog because of its capability to cynchronise with the company so like a true lazy pilot I don’t have to do it myself. Now only waiting for the new app so I don’t have to syncs via my laptop anymore.

gatelli
9th Feb 2019, 20:38
Airline FlightLog is a new app (both iOS and Android), with tons of tools for pilots. Easy to use, if you can import your roster directly, and the app can fill the flight times automatically for you... (and it's 100% FREE !)

pilot dude
27th Feb 2019, 16:40
Well, strike MCC pilot log, cause after selling it as a lifetime subscription they now also want to get paid per month. So much for free for life

EatMyShorts!
27th Feb 2019, 18:45
Since when is that? Their homepage still says
And yes, the price is affordable. We do not run a subscription plan. We have 3 editions with one-time fee for life-time use. The basic STD Edition is even FREE.
Maybe this information is outdated, but so far I have not had any e-mail from them telling me about a change of plan.

pilot dude
28th Feb 2019, 08:20
That’s because they changed the name of the company

https://crewlounge.aero/

EatMyShorts!
28th Feb 2019, 13:33
Oh no! Thanks for the information then. For the time being, my service still works without problems. I got the Enterprise Edition, though.

Intrance
28th Feb 2019, 19:31
Well, I guess that’s one of the last full featured electronic logs gone down the subscription road.

Don’t update your software significantly for about 3 years or so, then claim development costs for the 20 full time programmers (that you had working on your new company project instead of on mccPilotlog v5) is why you need subscriptions, slap a new logo and company name on your old, old user interface and then compile in 64-bit to use that as selling point as well.

Oh, and your “lifetime” subscription that you paid for? Yeah, that was for mccPilotlog, not Crewlounge Pilotlog. So feel free to use the old version that is bound to stop working because we abondoned it. But good news everybody, you can “grandfather” in your old lifetime subscription for the low low price of a three year subscription for our new pig with lipstick. Suggesting that after three years, we will probably pull the same trick again.

OK, cynical rant over. But this is kinda what I was expecting after so many claims that v5 was coming soon.

josephfeatherweight
1st Mar 2019, 00:11
I only purchased the Enterprise Edition two months ago, BASED ON what they said was coming in V5 - if this is all true, I AM EXTREMELY PI$$ED OFF!

oz_faf81
1st Mar 2019, 02:34
I only purchased the Enterprise Edition two months ago, BASED ON what they said was coming in V5 - if this is all true, I AM EXTREMELY PI$$ED OFF!

According to their website, you'll get lifetime access to the new software for the price of a year subscription...

Intrance
1st Mar 2019, 09:00
According to their website, you'll get lifetime access to the new software for the price of a year subscription...

Yeah, awesome. Someone purchases based on the promise of a new update soon and is already out €70. Two months later; "Surprise guys, no update but 'new' software and company. Don't worry though, we got you covered, for the low low price of only €36 your earlier lifetime subscription that you got to use for two months can carry over."

Not exactly customer friendly.

EatMyShorts!
1st Mar 2019, 10:49
Well, it might be helpful to contact them directly with all the facts and they might make you a good deal or just grant you a full licence.

ehwatezedoing
2nd Mar 2019, 17:51
You are all b!tch!ng about subscriptions or a « rebranding » followed by a fee but seriously, it would be like buying a car and asking its manufacturer to provide maintenance for free as long as you want to keep it.
mccPILOTOG saved me 3 or 4 years ago by being able to transfer my out of date electronic logbbook. If they want to start a subscription l so be it.

My car was built in 2000 by the way

MCDU2
2nd Mar 2019, 20:06
https://pilotlog.crewlounge.aero/faq/

EatMyShorts!
2nd Mar 2019, 20:35
Hi MCDU2, thanks for pointing this out. Let me quote here:
I paid for mccPILOTLOG, do I have to pay again ?Your license for mccPILOTLOG remains valid, we keep our word ! You have paid for a lifetime use of mccPILOTLOG, so you can continue to using mccPILOTLOG as long as you want. However, we do no longer update mccPILOTLOG after 2018. The application continues to run “as is”.Please notice that mccPILOTLOG was developed using older programming languages. Like any other software, without maintenance, the application will eventually bounce into problems as the computer operating system is updated, or when the airline crew portal is modified, or when security protocols change.Our team is now focusing on the CrewLounge AERO Suite, a completely new platform created with the latest coding technologies and security protocols. CrewLounge PILOTLOG, as part of the CrewLounge AERO Suite, is the new pilot logbook to replace mccPILOTLOG. CrewLounge PILOTLOG is subscription based, we do no longer offer one-time payments.We strongly encourage all pilots with a lifetime license for mccPILOTLOG to migrate to and enjoy the new CrewLounge AERO Suite ! We certainly understand that you are reluctant to switching to a subscription plan. We have GOOD news for you : You don’t !Contrary to our competitors, that either ceased to exist, or that canceled all license keys and forced users into a subscription plan, we offer grandfathering rights to all users of mccPILOTLOG ! You can now migrate your lifetime license from mccPILOTLOG to CrewLounge PILOTLOG with a one-time contribution ! Buy 3 years and get Lifetime ! No subscription, no extra charges ! We will also pay the VAT for you !That’s true ! All pilots with a lifetime license for mccPILOTLOG can now transfer their license to the new CrewLounge PILOTLOG application and be excluded from subscriptions, for lifetime! This offer is limited in time !

As a bonus, you receive a free 1-year license for the popular calendar app CrewLounge CONNECT (value 12.00 EUR) ! And, as an extra bonus, all PRO users (mccPILOTLOG) can now free upgrade to ENT (CrewLounge PILOTLOG) without being charged extra !

So, here is the deal :

purchase 3 years of the new CrewLounge PILOTLOG software
get 10% immediate discount (online payment)
get another 20% discount (EU Pilots – we will pay the VAT for you)
transfer your Lifetime license to CrewLounge PILOTLOG (be excluded from subscriptions)
switch from PRO to ENT at no extra charges
get 1 year free use of CrewLounge CONNECT

This is a temporary offer (Q1&Q2-2019), we hold the right to terminate this offer at any time ! ception for recent purchases : Pilots that purchased mccPILOTLOG in 2019, can upgrade with paying only 1-year subscription to CrewLounge AERO.

MCDU2
3rd Mar 2019, 08:28
No problem. I haven't followed through that link to "register" yet to see what the total damage will be. As an enterprise lifetime subscriber it looks like I am going to have to pay them 3 years of something for a "new" lifetime subscription until such time as they devise another product and attempt to migrate everyone across to that. And the companion apps that had a one off charge from the app/play store now look to be subscription based as well which will be an additional cost after the initial "free" year ends that they are giving to existing customers. Like many of my colleagues I use the crew connect app on a daily basis to get a heads up of any roster changes before a call from crew control (so I can have my arguments ready beforehand) and to link these through to my calendar. Not a happy bunny.

Intrance
3rd Mar 2019, 08:42
I You are all b!tch!ng about subscriptions or a « rebranding » followed by a fee but seriously, it would be like buying a car and asking its manufacturer to provide maintenance for free as long as you want to keep it.
mccPILOTOG saved me 3 or 4 years ago by being able to transfer my out of date electronic logbbook. If they want to start a subscription l so be it.

My car was built in 2000 by the way

It’s more akin to a car manufacturer selling you a car with a 10 year warranty, packing up business after 5 years and setting up a new company with slightly different name. Then they say, we will honor your warranty if you pay us again.

It is shrugging off responsibility you took on when selling your product a certain way (in this case, “lifetime”). It’s a deceptive way of doing business. What guarantee do they offer me as customer that they will not just take my money and pull the same trick again later?

EatMyShorts!
3rd Mar 2019, 10:04
I do not need the CrewConnect functionality, because I do not work for an airline. Basically I could probably stay with mccPilotLog, but who knows when they will stop providing the server to synchronize my data. I currently have the ENTERPRISE edition, but as they state that you only need to have the PRO edition and you will receive a free upgrade to ENTERPRISE on the new system, I assume that it 12 months * EUR 1.99 and the result times 3 = EUR 71.64 . It's not a catastrophe, but it is not nice either. CrewConnect seems to cost 12 EUR per year. While it is not a lot, they still kind of broke their promise for a lifetime subscription. I would have understood had they asked for a couple of Euro after 5 or 10 years.

pilot dude
4th Mar 2019, 08:14
It’s 04-03 and the app is not on the AppStore. Not a good start

MCDU2
4th Mar 2019, 09:04
I emailed them and am awaiting a reply as from the link in that FAQ they are trying to charge me 113EUR for 3 years. No indication anywhere of the 20% VAT free discount, plus the additional 10% and of course an undertaking that this "3 year" deal is for lifetime given my current ownership of the ENT version. The email to support form is all headed up mccpilotlog, even the automated reply to my email was headed mccsupport. To try and state that its all new etc is utter garbage. They upgraded the software from 32bit to 64bit and made it cross platform. Thats it, no more no less. If I can't get a decent price out of them then I will keep using mccpilot and probably go back to roster buster. When mccpilot stops working will export my logbook to excel and see what else is in the marketplace at that time. I certainly won't be entertaining any sort of cloud/monthly subscription for a pilot logbook.

EatMyShorts!
4th Mar 2019, 10:35
@MCDU2, I see it exactly like you. Except I will wait a few more weeks, since the transfer-offer is valid for Q1 and Q2 of 2019. Otherwise I will simply continue with mccPilotLog and that's it.

MCDU2
4th Mar 2019, 16:30
Thats the way I see it as well. Let them sweat and see who blinks first. They aren't the only game in town. Had a look at Safelog and its cross platform as well and cheaper than mccpilotlog.

josephfeatherweight
5th Mar 2019, 04:19
Yep, not a great product launch at this stage! The download link for the PC version on their website is linked to nothing...

Intrance
5th Mar 2019, 06:22
Yep, not a great product launch at this stage! The download link for the PC version on their website is linked to nothing...No replies on the mccPilotLog Facebook page either when asked about it. Or perhaps they blocked me since the post says it has 9 comments but I only see my own :}.

Parson
5th Mar 2019, 06:49
I am (slowly) building my own on Excel. I am a bit of a stato so intend to manipulate it to provide lots of interesting but useless information.....

josephfeatherweight
5th Mar 2019, 07:16
From their Facebook page:
The newest version was due for release on 03.03 but we decided to implement a last minute change, causing a couple of days of delay. The team is finishing up with that LMC and we plan to release the new software later this week.

Thank you for your continued support and interest!

josephfeatherweight
6th Mar 2019, 08:47
https://pilotlog.crewlounge.aero/download/

Appears that the "grand release" has been delayed until 12th March.

the boy
12th Mar 2019, 09:03
https://pilotlog.crewlounge.aero/download/

Appears that the "grand release" has been delayed until 12th March.

Now 20th March...........................

Intrance
12th Mar 2019, 09:31
And so the legend of mccPilotlog v5.0 continues...

Banana Joe
12th Mar 2019, 14:18
Gutted. And 113 euro to have another lifetime license.

EatMyShorts!
12th Mar 2019, 23:31
Gutted. And 113 euro to have another lifetime license.How do you get to EUR 113? It is EUR 71.64, because you just need to purchase the PRO version and then upgrade for free to ENT. But let's wait and see until Q2 2019 to check out the new product first.

Banana Joe
14th Mar 2019, 02:06
How do you get to EUR 113? It is EUR 71.64, because you just need to purchase the PRO version and then upgrade for free to ENT. But let's wait and see until Q2 2019 to check out the new product first.
Oh well, I stand to be corrected then. I will give a closer look at it.

EatMyShorts!
14th Mar 2019, 09:38
Oh well, I stand to be corrected then. I will give a closer look at it.But it is still not great to be more less forced to purchase a "lifetime subscription" again, because the same manufacturer abandoned its own product.

MCDU2
14th Mar 2019, 12:14
And I am pretty sure that the roster app on your iphone/android is going subscription based (rather than once off fee) so its a double whammy.

Banana Joe
14th Mar 2019, 12:51
But it is still not great to be more less forced to purchase a "lifetime subscription" again, because the same manufacturer abandoned its own product.
For that I am still pixxed off to say the least.

Delta12
14th Mar 2019, 21:27
I used to have logtenpro.

I can not recommend. At one point sync between iPad and iPhone was not possible, and afterwards my departure/landing time was missing. Block hours still there. When writing to the support, the answer was, it is a known glitch and we informed everybody not so sync... Ok, but I got more important stuff to do than checking emails for possible glitches on my logbook.

If you want to have an electronic logbook, my advice is DO NOT go for a LogBook app, unless they store it in a way, that you still have access to it in case the company goes bust.
Keep in mind, there is a limited amount of users, one off payment will not work out. It has to be a subscription, whatever they promise you.
Does not affect me really, luckily can download my logbook files whenever it suits me from the company website.

Cheers

eimin
18th Mar 2019, 11:09
Another one that fell for their bait, a year ago, buying a "lifetime" ENT license and waiting for the v5 for a bit more functionality with Mac.

I am not giving them a single penny. Found this online, and since I am lazy to make my own Excel file, this will do it seems.
https://excelpilotlogbook.com

Banana Joe
18th Mar 2019, 11:35
I looked into it as well since I am also lazy, but that would only work as a backup. Going fully electronic, I need a function that allows eSignatures for checks and endorsements.

josephfeatherweight
20th Mar 2019, 14:17
Now 20th March...........................

This mob would have to win an award for the "worst software launch ever"!
20th has come and gone for me - link is still dead on their page...

Banana Joe
21st Mar 2019, 13:50
They are losing my trust, I can tell you that. Might as well move to the more expensive Coradine's LogTen Pro.

Pilot238239
22nd Mar 2019, 10:46
So I have lost complete trust in MCC, my Mac app hasn't worked for almost a year crashing on start and will no longer be supported by macOS being a 32bit app.

The new app they are building is being delayed and delayed and the promise of a native macOS app is long and dead with their stupid three stage install process remaining.

To top it off I did manage to download their new app a few weeks ago when the app wasn't dead and it looks the bloody same as the current one!

Is the only good solution LogTen Pro?

B77L
25th Mar 2019, 09:48
Hi everyone, here is my experience: after having tried different electronic logbooks I have recently discovered FLIGHT LogBook (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mattia.flightlogbook) which I can say so far is the best for quality/price I've tried. Apparently it's a young project made by a group of pilots with passion for IT. No subscription needed, only paid 12 euros at first purchase and they claim there will never be any monthly or yearly fee to pay. I have to say it’s definitely worth the price, it features tons of different statistics, dropbox backups and excel exports. Also generates a Jeppesen copy of your logbook to print and let you monitor your weekly/monthly activity. Interface it’s really easy and simple to use, and they also seem to respond to emails quite fast each time you need support. Absolutely satisfied.

BRAKES HOT
25th Mar 2019, 11:23
No subscription needed, only paid 12 euros at first purchase and they claim there will never be any monthly or yearly fee to pay.

I'm glad that's working out for you but that's how both LOGTEN and MCC started out, I migrated from one to the other. Now unsure what to do, may end up subscribing to MCC, unfortunately once a program gains traction there's only a limited market and I can see why these companies would want to move to a subscription model.

Pilot238239
1st Apr 2019, 09:26
I'm glad that's working out for you but that's how both LOGTEN and MCC started out, I migrated from one to the other. Now unsure what to do, may end up subscribing to MCC, unfortunately once a program gains traction there's only a limited market and I can see why these companies would want to move to a subscription model.

It's similar to being hired by a company getting one pay check then never expecting to get paid again.

Do you expect to work for free? No

Also, MCC have pushed their date back yet again the promise of it will be by the end of March is now it will be April 5th. What a joke.

tomuchwork
1st Apr 2019, 23:24
MCC. Nothing comparable around. Use them now a couple of years, printed of some pages, works perfectly. No need for other, much much much more expensive "solutions".

EDIT: If you pay a "one off" fee in MCC(which is the current deal), how could they charge you later on monthly? You made a deal with this company, if they decide to "move on" and change model you always can sue them. Afaik MCC is thinking about a monthly fee for NEW JOINERS in the future. Just another reason to get it now.

Pilot238239
2nd Apr 2019, 10:19
MCC. Nothing comparable around. Use them now a couple of years, printed of some pages, works perfectly. No need for other, much much much more expensive "solutions".

EDIT: If you pay a "one off" fee in MCC(which is the current deal), how could they charge you later on monthly? You made a deal with this company, if they decide to "move on" and change model you always can sue them. Afaik MCC is thinking about a monthly fee for NEW JOINERS in the future. Just another reason to get it now.

Because you made a deal with the old company not the new one. It's CrewLounge Pilot Log now, not MCC Pilot Log. Your deal was with MCC not CrewLounge so there would be zero grounds of a lawsuit, the new software everyone will have to re-buy (as per their website) which will get you a three year licence after which you are on the subscription model

Banana Joe
2nd Apr 2019, 20:19
The deal is that the three-year licence will actually give you a lifetime license if you're a mccPilotLog user. That's what they say. We will see what happens in 3 years. That would be the last straw for me and would ditch them.

josephfeatherweight
3rd Apr 2019, 06:10
Appears to be finally available for download...

oz_faf81
3rd Apr 2019, 06:53
Appears to be finally available for download...
It is... but very little changes if compared to MCC Pilotlog. not worth paying to change... Probably better to keep running on the previous version.

EatMyShorts!
3rd Apr 2019, 09:37
Thanks for news and feedback, keep it coming!

The main question regarding the old version is whether and for how long the cloud/synch-function will be available. They may just pull the plug in a couple of years.

Pilot238239
3rd Apr 2019, 09:39
Yep, keep running the old one till it dies

MCDU2
3rd Apr 2019, 11:08
Thanks for news and feedback, keep it coming!

The main question regarding the old version is whether and for how long the cloud/synch-function will be available. They may just pull the plug in a couple of years.

Thats what I suspect they will do. I don't bother keeping a logbook each day anymore. Just log into AIMS whenever I remember and download it to the PC. Then just go through and edit the flights for PF/PM. No doubt in the not to distant future they will push through something that will brick the pc versions ability to sync with AIMS.

EatMyShorts!
3rd Apr 2019, 18:24
My issue is that I work in GA and we easily perform something between 10 to 20 flights within 6 days and as we have no flight-schedule we need to enter each and every flight manually.

Ilyushin76
3rd Apr 2019, 19:12
Pilot logbook by FlyGo seems to be a good one. Recently found it.

Intrance
6th Apr 2019, 06:57
What a poor copy/paste job this "new" software is. Slightly redesigned images for the buttons and a different splash screen and that is about it. Quick cash grab for sure, instead of supporting customers with the long promised update for mccPilotlog.

I will use the old version until they decide to pull the plug to grab some more cash, and at that point I will switch to anything but "Crewlounge Pilotlog". They have proven themselves useless in my support request and now also untrustworthy in ways of doing business.

I still have a strong suspicion the actual initial developers have left the building a long time ago and it is now just being run by a marketing team and a handful of amateur programmers that know just enough to replace logos and buttons and enable 64-bit compiling.

EatMyShorts!
6th Apr 2019, 07:36
I will stick to the old version, too. Just make frequent backups :)

Strait Shooter
6th Apr 2019, 08:29
So I’m really glad that I have found this forum. I initially decided on MCC pilot log because it was the best app and desktop program for android, iOS and Mac (I was an android and windows user at the time). I feel that MCC has been going downhill for sometime. Extremely complex. After switching from windows to Mac I’ve had more and more issues. After reading all the hype around “Crewlounge Pilot log” I was quite disappointed. I paid the 3 year subscription to migrate from MCC pilot log and the new desktop software on Mac is almost exactly the same with more bugs than MCC pilotlog. After exporting/converting from version 4 to 5 all my flying hours were there on the computer but after the sync with the mobile device, 100s of hours are missing. I’ve been with MCC sin 2015. When I started I always had great support and personal responses. Lately I feel it’s very much copy and paste email responses.

Now that I’ve repaid for a logbook that I already paid for I would love to get my moneys worth but it’s becoming a headache. Considering cutting my losses that ive switched to apple.

Has anyone converted from MCC to Logten Pro?

Propellerpilot
6th Apr 2019, 12:43
I have used mccPilotlog for years as an ENT user - it was a great logbook application. So I went ahead only because they offered lifetime for existing users and I want to ensure the cross-functionality between mobile app and laptop and cloud database integrity in the future looking ahead. If you are not using ENT functionality, there is probably no reason to invest in the new version at present.

I found the porting of the database is NOT completely flawless - the remarks column did not get ported and special character letters (like ä, ö or ü in German language) were displayed as ASCII characters - so I had to manually edit those Names in the pilot list to display correctly.
My Query list has ported over, but it is impossible to create and add a new query to the existing list - by trying to add a criterion to a new query caused an error message pop-up. Bugs have been reported - waiting for the fixes. .

As has been mentioned here, nothing has really changed, except that you can add a few more fields of data. It seems like they are focussed very much on the interfacing of Airline Crew Portals - which is not interesting for me as a Biz-Av pilot - so it is pretty much a useless feature for me.

So far the upgrade has added zero value - I will also post in this thread again, if that changes and keep you guys considering an update informed. The upgrade lifetime offer for existing users is a limited time offer, so that is something to consider - otherwise and if it is just about the electronic logbook functionality, I would stick to the old MCC for now.

EatMyShorts!
6th Apr 2019, 12:52
Thanks for the feedback!

Pilot238239
6th Apr 2019, 14:02
So I’m really glad that I have found this forum. I initially decided on MCC pilot log because it was the best app and desktop program for android, iOS and Mac (I was an android and windows user at the time). I feel that MCC has been going downhill for sometime. Extremely complex. After switching from windows to Mac I’ve had more and more issues. After reading all the hype around “Crewlounge Pilot log” I was quite disappointed. I paid the 3 year subscription to migrate from MCC pilot log and the new desktop software on Mac is almost exactly the same with more bugs than MCC pilotlog. After exporting/converting from version 4 to 5 all my flying hours were there on the computer but after the sync with the mobile device, 100s of hours are missing. I’ve been with MCC sin 2015. When I started I always had great support and personal responses. Lately I feel it’s very much copy and paste email responses.

Now that I’ve repaid for a logbook that I already paid for I would love to get my moneys worth but it’s becoming a headache. Considering cutting my losses that ive switched to apple.

Has anyone converted from MCC to Logten Pro?

I am in the middle of switching from MCC to LogTen as like you I have had major issues with the new version of MCC.

It takes some getting used to compared to MCC but so far so good, I am still in the trial (up to 250 hours logged) but you can import all of your data from MCC then export it again once you know its correct in the LogTen format and still have the trial running which is handy.

The apps are much better on iOS compared to MCC too, I downloaded the new and 'improved' CrewLounge app and it was worse!

Strait Shooter
6th Apr 2019, 19:21
I am in the middle of switching from MCC to LogTen as like you I have had major issues with the new version of MCC.

It takes some getting used to compared to MCC but so far so good, I am still in the trial (up to 250 hours logged) but you can import all of your data from MCC then export it again once you know its correct in the LogTen format and still have the trial running which is handy.

The apps are much better on iOS compared to MCC too, I downloaded the new and 'improved' CrewLounge app and it was worse!

Did you pay for the 3 year subscription? I wonder if I can get my money back? Logten does cost a fair bit.

I also had the ENT version. MCC says on their website that they have made all the changes and there are over 500 changes made to MCC and Crew lounge will be a better experience. Sticking with MCC is not a solution as they will stop updating it as mentioned on the website. Crewlounge is pretty useless on a Mac desktop. If you are a windows user I guess you don’t have the option to move to Logten. I definitely predict most apple users will ditch MCC/Crew lounge.

Pilot238239
6th Apr 2019, 19:39
Did you pay for the 3 year subscription? I wonder if I can get my money back? Logten does cost a fair bit.

I also had the ENT version. MCC says on their website that they have made all the changes and there are over 500 changes made to MCC and Crew lounge will be a better experience. Sticking with MCC is not a solution as they will stop updating it as mentioned on the website. Crewlounge is pretty useless on a Mac desktop. If you are a windows user I guess you don’t have the option to move to Logten. I definitely predict most apple users will ditch MCC/Crew lounge.

I haven't paid it as I wanted to see what it was like before purchasing

Im sure they should be able to refund you

Phalare
8th Apr 2019, 15:45
The new Pilotlog has thousands of bugs / issues; it's pretty crazy they released such an unfinished version.
It is a real headache to log new flights without any problems.

I will certainly ask for a refund if they are not able to fix all this very quickly...

Strait Shooter
8th Apr 2019, 16:59
The new Pilotlog has thousands of bugs / issues; it's pretty crazy they released such an unfinished version.
It is a real headache to log new flights without any problems.

I will certainly ask for a refund if they are not able to fix all this very quickly...

I never wanted to buy Logten pro because of the price and long term financial cost but I just bit the bullet and bought it last night. Was quite a challenge to export and import the csv file and get the selections correct but it’s really worth the money. Seamless and super user friendly. (I’ll still be watching all the tutorials and reading the the user guides though). The user guide for Crew Lounge has not even been updated to match new software. It’s still the old MCC user manual with a new front page.

Crew Lounge (MCC pilot log) is at the point that it is unusable on a Mac and iPhone. Simple functions don’t work.

Ill have my refund processed in a few days.

Pilot238239
8th Apr 2019, 17:38
I never wanted to buy Logten pro because of the price and long term financial cost but I just bit the bullet and bought it last night. Was quite a challenge to export and import the csv file and get the selections correct but it’s really worth the money. Seamless and super user friendly. (I’ll still be watching all the tutorials and reading the the user guides though). The user guide for Crew Lounge has not even been updated to match new software. It’s still the old MCC user manual with a new front page.

Crew Lounge (MCC pilot log) is at the point that it is unusable on a Mac and iPhone. Simple functions don’t work.

Ill have my refund processed in a few days.

I was the same, it takes time to get it setup, but its 100% worth it

Love_joy
9th Apr 2019, 08:03
After being a long time supporter and recommender of MCC, I'm a bit stunned by the latest development. Someone has it right when they say this is just a cash grab. Shameful when the big selling feature of MCC was a single one-off price and continuous updates.

Shame, it was a good, if clunky, product.

Where am I going next? Logten Pro?

Strait Shooter
9th Apr 2019, 08:17
After being a long time supporter and recommender of MCC, I'm a bit stunned by the latest development. Someone has it right when they say this is just a cash grab. Shameful when the big selling feature of MCC was a single one-off price and continuous updates.

Shame, it was a good, if clunky, product.

Where am I going next? Logten Pro?

just jumped. Taking hours to sort it out but I can definitely see what I’m paying for

havick
9th Apr 2019, 13:09
Wonder if it’s possible to sue them given that MCC has simply re-badged the same product?

class action?

Strait Shooter
9th Apr 2019, 19:12
Wonder if it’s possible to sue them given that MCC has simply re-badged the same product?

class action?

Not just re-badged the same product, also took money from people that does not do anything it’s supposed to.

Snr
9th Apr 2019, 21:41
After multiple frustrating emails stating my dissatisfaction that this is money grabbing exercise, I finally convinced them to give me a refund for the original "Lifetime Membership" I bought many moons ago. I urge everyone else to do the same.

LogTen here I come. Or old fashioned paper, may be easier.

Strait Shooter
10th Apr 2019, 07:49
After multiple frustrating emails stating my dissatisfaction that this is money grabbing exercise, I finally convinced them to give me a refund for the original "Lifetime Membership" I bought many moons ago. I urge everyone else to do the same.

I sent the same email requesting a refund for the 3 year subscription fee I paid for the new failed software. I guess now that they have issued one refund, they are obligated to refund everyone.

sigler
10th Apr 2019, 14:16
Can we export our MCC logbook to either LogTen or Logbook Pro? Thanks in advance.

Phalare
10th Apr 2019, 17:14
Is anyone here using Zululog ? Any feedbacks would be appreciated. (LogTen is not an option as I am not an Apple user)

dirk85
10th Apr 2019, 22:02
Can we export our MCC logbook to either LogTen or Logbook Pro? Thanks in advance.

How to import mccPILOTLOG logbook to LogTen Pro / Common Questions & Answers / Knowledge Base - Coradine Aviation Support (http://help.coradine.com/kb/common-questions-answers/how-to-import-mccpilotlog-logbook-to-logten-pro)

Strait Shooter
11th Apr 2019, 05:47

have you received the payment?

josephfeatherweight
13th Apr 2019, 11:08
The new software simply doesn't work.
As previously pointed out, importing the old MCC logbook into the new PILOTLOG software results in losing all remarks/comments from the original logbook.
The "Return" flight button doesn't work - it simply opens the highlighted flight, rather than reversing the airfields and blanking the data.
Also, once you've added an approach to a flight, I can't find a way to delete it, in fact, I get an error message if I click "remove".
The software is slow, clunky and basically nothing better than the last version. The ONLY reason I upgraded was because I was desperate for the new version to allow logging of flight time in 6 minute rounded decimal format, which is an absolute requirement for me.
I'm going to be seeking a refund, through Paypal if necessary, as the product does not work as advertised. Very disappointed and no response from the support team to ANY of my queries from over a week ago. Pathetic customer service and a poor product that originally had potential - I feel bad that I recommended this to colleagues...

Strait Shooter
13th Apr 2019, 11:15
As previously pointed out, importing the old MCC logbook into the new PILOTLOG software results in losing all remarks/comments from the original logbook.
The "Return" flight button doesn't work - it simply opens the highlighted flight, rather than reversing the airfields and blanking the data.
The software is slow, clunky and basically nothing better than the last version. The ONLY reason I upgraded was because I was desperate for the new version to allow logging of flight time in 6 minute rounded decimal format, which is an absolute requirement for me.
I'm going to be seeking a refund, through Paypal if necessary, as the product does not work as advertised. Very disappointed and no response from the support team to ANY of my queries from over a week ago. Pathetic customer service and a poor product that originally had potential - I feel bad that I recommended this to colleagues...

When I was working as a flight instructor I encouraged all my students to start their flying career with an electronic logbook and MCC was the logbook I recommended. Also hope no one remembers it was me. I’m always waiting on my refund. I’ll give it a few more days before I try take this further. Total false advertising and a flop. I’m already 100% up and running now on Logten pro.

Snr
14th Apr 2019, 07:29
have you received the payment?

Not yet no. I imagine i'll have to chase this up a few times before it's given. They have agreed to refund though.

Strait Shooter
14th Apr 2019, 07:54
Not yet no. I imagine i'll have to chase this up a few times before it's given. They have agreed to refund though.

I have not quite received confirmation that they’ll pay me but I’ve waited a few days with no response since I made it clear that I want a refund and I’m tired of the issues.

ray cosmic
14th Apr 2019, 10:21
+1 here.
I used their offer to enjoy a new “lifetime” subscription as my MAC warns me MCCPilotlog will not work with the next OS.
The migration worked, but everything after has been nothing short of a disaster. The ios apps won’t download the complete database/flight records. The OS app:
- does not accept new flights due to some weird off block/take off time calculator,
- does not import from flights the airline portal within the date frame requested
- pilot names ar not recognized from the database, therefore adding new pilots
- tail numbers are not recognized
- existing flights are not recognized, therefore the new import just puts the records next to them
- after deleting double entries, a re-start of the application is required to show the updated list of records
-.. this is after 1 day of trying everything.

As the new OS app requires you to install some newer version of a framework, MCC Pilotlog will not work anymore. Now looking if I can revert this.

My tip to MCC Pilotlog users who are happy and don’t mind a gamble: keep using the old app, purchase the new one using their offer and wait.
Wait until MCCpilotlog doesn’t work anymore while giving these guys some time to figure out their mess. Hopefully they have all fixed by the time the “old” MCC actually doesn’t work anymore. I’m pretty sure they’ll fix it, but as their support ticketing system replies:
Our goal is to reply back to you within 48 hours. However, with the release of our new platform CrewLounge AERO, the number of tickets is extremely high. It may take up to 7 days before we can reply to your question. Please bear with us while we work as hard as we can !

I arrived at the point where I even wouldn’t mind paying for logten pro, but then that one will probably provide it’s own set of problems when transferring old data so I’ll just give them some time.
For new users it’s better to wait in any case..

Strait Shooter
14th Apr 2019, 11:11
+1 here.
I used their offer to enjoy a new “lifetime” subscription as my MAC warns me MCCPilotlog will not work with the next OS.
The migration worked, but everything after has been nothing short of a disaster. The ios apps won’t download the complete database/flight records. The OS app:
- does not accept new flights due to some weird off block/take off time calculator,
- does not import from flights the airline portal within the date frame requested
- pilot names ar not recognized from the database, therefore adding new pilots
- tail numbers are not recognized
- existing flights are not recognized, therefore the new import just puts the records next to them
- after deleting double entries, a re-start of the application is required to show the updated list of records
-.. this is after 1 day of trying everything.

As the new OS app requires you to install some newer version of a framework, MCC Pilotlog will not work anymore. Now looking if I can revert this.

My tip to MCC Pilotlog users who are happy and don’t mind a gamble: keep using the old app, purchase the new one using their offer and wait.
Wait until MCCpilotlog doesn’t work anymore while giving these guys some time to figure out their mess. Hopefully they have all fixed by the time the “old” MCC actually doesn’t work anymore. I’m pretty sure they’ll fix it, but as their support ticketing system replies:
Our goal is to reply back to you within 48 hours. However, with the release of our new platform CrewLounge AERO, the number of tickets is extremely high. It may take up to 7 days before we can reply to your question. Please bear with us while we work as hard as we can !

I arrived at the point where I even wouldn’t mind paying for logten pro, but then that one will probably provide it’s own set of problems when transferring old data so I’ll just give them some time.
For new users it’s better to wait in any case..

Hi Ray. I had the same issues as you and I was in a position where I needed to log flights on the go and print my logbook which were obviously functions the software could not perform. I met with a mate of mine and explained the situation to him. He then showed me how Logten pro works and that’s he’s had it for ten years and it’s worth every cent etc. I exported an XLS and an old CSV file from MCC / Crew lounge and then imported to Logten. It took me quite a few hours and a few attempts at importing (because I was not doing it correctly). Now that it’s up and running and all entries match up and are up to date it’s phenomenal. After 4 years with MCC pilot I must say that Logten pro is effortless and I’m happy to pay the annual fee. I’ve had really great support and the tutorials are fantastic. Program is really intuitive. You don’t need to read a few hundred pax complex user manual that is actually for an old program. Logten can seem daunting but once you done the short course they offer and watch the short tutorials is super simple and I’m no tech wiz.

I just don’t know how I’m going to get my money out of MCC because they’ve stopped replying to me.

EatMyShorts!
14th Apr 2019, 11:30
I'll take the gamble and just keep using mccPilotLog. I got all my data backed up, so I won't be lost completely.

ray cosmic
14th Apr 2019, 16:01
Thanks Straight Shooter,
I re-installed that "mono-framework" thing which is step 1 of the MCC log setup. To my surprise it worked again right after. So I'll just hang in there for a while and have the new version dormant.
MCC is all I need really, and if it works it's okay. Once I'll get fed up enough and the courage to change I'll keep your tips in mind.

Kapdk
16th Apr 2019, 06:19
I havde the same problems as you guys, just asked for a refund for the 3 year and for the old MCC that i bought last summer.

Banana Joe
16th Apr 2019, 10:36
I wonder if they will change their politics with regard to the old mccPILOTLOG users now that a few of you are discussing about it on this forum. I'm still holding off for a few weeks before taking the plunge and pay for a new, so they say, lifetime license.

josephfeatherweight
16th Apr 2019, 10:50
I haven't heard anything from them for over a week - not sure they'll even respond to my refund request...
I'm might try using "Buyer Protection" from Paypal on the grounds that the product "is significantly different from advertised".

Strait Shooter
16th Apr 2019, 21:44
I haven't heard anything from them for over a week - not sure they'll even respond to my refund request...
I'm might try using "Buyer Protection" from Paypal on the grounds that the product "is significantly different from advertised".

took a few emails back and forth but I did get a refund and they were really apologetic and understanding about it. They accepted full responsibility and refunded me. I do hope they clean up and get the product back to its former glory when I started.

josephfeatherweight
16th Apr 2019, 21:48
took a few emails back and forth but I did get a refund and they were really apologetic and understanding about it. They accepted full responsibility and refunded me. I do hope they clean up and get the product back to its former glory when I started.
Good to know, though I’ve not had any response to my initial support query regarding the missing flight remarks upon importing the old MCC logbook. I’ll give them a few more days to be fair.

Intrance
17th Apr 2019, 21:14
I do hope they clean up and get the product back to its former glory when I started.
I'm going to be huge pessimist and say that that is not going to happen. It has taken them years to release this pile of *ahem*... code...
Still have the very strong suspicion that the original creators have long gone or taken a backseat and the place is being run by the Asian department, who in my experience have been at best unhelpful in terms of support* and seem to be better at marketing than actual software development.

I am keeping the old mccPilotlog and sprung for Logten to trial that at the same time. In the meanwhile ignoring any software updates to mccPilotlog as well... don't update what isn't broken (yet) :).

*(I basically handed them the exact problem and possible solution on a platter, to the point where anyone who has seen a few lines of codes would have figured out where the problem might lie and how to fix it in a single email reply, instead it took them a string of 10 emails to come up with no solution at all)

avi8safely
19th Apr 2019, 10:16
I’ve already transferred my MCC Pilotlog user license to this new one. Is there any way I can go back to the old one?

Kapdk
22nd Apr 2019, 09:28
Anybody got a respons from MCC/Crewlounge. I have serval support tickets now, but no contact after about 12 days...

ray cosmic
22nd Apr 2019, 10:08
I’ve already transferred my MCC Pilotlog user license to this new one. Is there any way I can go back to the old one?
From my own experience as I reverted back to the MCC Pilot log (v4), it's running in parallel, so if you go back to using that one it should still work.

ehwatezedoing
22nd Apr 2019, 10:15
Why would you want to do that?

To all this bunch of cheapos whining people jumping to conclusions before even putting two and two together:
-I did the transfer when the program was ready (not before duh!)
-I followed all their instructions (double duh!)
And guess what!? No problems, zéro, zilch, nada!

I'd rather shell a 100 in whatever currencies every two or three year and have an electronic logbook working properly.
It's 2 or 3 Euros per months FFS! Skip one or two coffee every 30 days and you'll be good.

I had a scare couple of years ago with an old electronic logbook that suddenly became incompatible! (Anyone who wants to keeps the old mccPilotlog's version until it dies should remember that)
It took a few months but mccPilotlog eventually managed to transfer my old data on theirs when nobody else could.

Intrance
22nd Apr 2019, 10:28

To all this bunch of cheapos whining people jumping to conclusions before even putting two and two together:

I'd rather shell a 100 in whatever currencies every two or three year and have an electronic logbook working properly.
It's 2 or 3 Euros per months FFS! Skip one or two coffee every 30 days and you'll be good.

Congratulations, you don’t mind being talked*out of more money paying for the same product with new graphics again and getting false promises all the time from a party you are doing business with. Some of us “cheapos” do. I went to a more expensive solution that seems to be more trustworthy, competent in terms of support, and*feature rich than what mccPilotLog aka Crewlounge aka “Fill in company name in 2-3 years here” has been showing customers the last few years.

FlyingStone
22nd Apr 2019, 11:52
I've tried the new software, keeps freezing all the time - and this without a single logbook entry. Seems like years of development clearly paid off.

https://i.imgur.com/iWy70vS.jpg

They did a fantastic job on that 64-bit compile.

Phalare
22nd Apr 2019, 11:55
I'm still waiting for a reply after 12 days...

ehwatezedoing, good on you if you don't have any problems with the new version, but personally it's just a nightmare...Hundreds of bugs, and again, same old and slow design...

In the meantime I am unable to log my flights (or extremly slowly and with many bugs...) which is a big pain when you just paid for that long-awaited new version..

I also asked for a refund and I'm trying Zululog now, let's see..

josephfeatherweight
22nd Apr 2019, 12:17
I have raised the issue via Paypal seeking a refund - I haven't heard from "support" for two weeks now.

Did your remarks/comments import correctly from your flights from your previous MCC logbook?
Does the "Return Flight" button work for you?
Interested to hear.

Strait Shooter
22nd Apr 2019, 16:30

I had a scare couple of years ago with an old electronic logbook that suddenly became incompatible! (Anyone who wants to keeps the old mccPilotlog's version until it dies should remember that)
It took a few months but mccPilotlog eventually managed to transfer my old data on theirs when nobody else could.

Well..... you are the only person I have heard who has had a good experience or maybe you have low expectations.*

If the program gram has been released for download and you pay for it that means it’s ready. Not sure how it would be possible to use it before it’s ready.*

Im glad that you had a good experience with MCC a few years back, so did I. That’s why I would always recommend. It’s a different product/company now.*

I received my refund. Took a while but I got it. I’m extremely happy with new software (not Crew Lounge m) and love using it every day.*

havick
23rd Apr 2019, 03:28
Well..... you are the only person I have heard who has had a good experience or maybe you have low expectations.*

If the program gram has been released for download and you pay for it that means it’s ready. Not sure how it would be possible to use it before it’s ready.*

Im glad that you had a good experience with MCC a few years back, so did I. That’s why I would always recommend. It’s a different product/company now.*

I received my refund. Took a while but I got it. I’m extremely happy with new software (not Crew Lounge m) and love using it every day.*

what did you switch to?

Kapdk
23rd Apr 2019, 15:16
After no contact in 14 days i have lost all trust in MCC/Crewlounge, i surgest that all file a complaint with the Belgium Consumer Meditation service

consumerombudsman.be/en

Maybe that will do the trick..

Strait Shooter
23rd Apr 2019, 22:03
what did you switch to?

logten pro. I know it’s expensive but so worth it.

Dct_Mopas
26th Apr 2019, 09:40
Got a response to a number of support tickets today. Bit by bit they’re getting the new PilotLog software sorted out. Hopeless state that it was released in, but they really seem be pushing lots of updates.

Maybe in a few weeks it’ll be useable, but in the meantime continuing to use MCC

330Heavy
29th Apr 2019, 22:55
I had bought MCC a year ago, format was never great, nor the support, decided to go to Logten and eat the annual fee. So far, it seems like it'll be worth it. Barely.

Bernardg
30th Apr 2019, 15:53
I'm having the same BS issues with MCC/ crewlounge whatever there are called now....
WHat about other options? SafeLog, Pilotlogapp etc, anyone experience with those?

josephfeatherweight
1st May 2019, 04:02
Received my refund (only after a Paypal "requested refund") - happy with that result - unfortunately I don't have the inclination to follow the developmental journey of MCC/Crewlounge.
Like a few others, have bitten the bullet and shelled out for LogTen - despite the cost, instantly (well, after I sorted out the import of the MCC logbook!) happy with my decision.
I really wanted MCC/Crewlounge to succeed, but was:
- pi$$ed off that they moved to a subscription soon after I'd paid for my "lifetime" software
- exceptionally unhappy with the quality/usability of their latest offering
- ultimately tired of their lack of response to my support requests
I am grateful for the relatively hassle free refund - I fear they may not survive this appalling attempt at a new software/subscription launch.

Banana Joe
1st May 2019, 09:18
I'm still holding off and my next devices might be Apple just for the reasons you mentioned.

Kapdk
1st May 2019, 15:04
They have just confirmed a refund for me for the crewlounge update, and confirmend they will Pay me back for MCC i bought last summer.

I do think they are real concerned about all this, and what it are doing to there business, but then again it's there own fault...

I am going back to Logten pro it's the best but pricey, so one round less for the hold crew next time ����

EatMyShorts!
1st May 2019, 19:17
Yes, they messed up royally and they have done themselves a bad service. Now they will have to pick up the pieces and fix it. For the time being I will stick to MCCPilotLog and see what they will offer at a later stage. Since I do not own/use any Apple devices, LogTen Pro is no option for me. I will rather go back to logging my flights manually.

MerNion
6th May 2019, 09:01
After 2 weeks they replied to my mail:
"blah blah... Your message got my full attention ! I understand your point of view and your disappointment. To address your concerns, I'm attaching a Personal Letter from our founder Pat, explaining the background.

CrewLounge PILOTLOG comes with more than 500 improvements. This Blog Article (https://crewlounge.aero/why-should-i-switch-from-mccpilotlog-to-crewlounge-pilotlog/) outlines the major changes. To take advantage of our temporary grandfathering program, follow the guidelines from the website FAQ (https://pilotlog.crewlounge.aero/faq/#mccpilotlog) page.

I truly hope you will join our new journey soon !"

And they attached a pdf from the founder which I attach below. Between all others he says:
"That puts me in a difficult situation, as I gave you my word with a lifetime use of mccPILOTLOG. From a legal point of view, I do keep my word : You can continue to using mccPILOTLOG for as long as you want. You continue to receiving our support whenever you need assistance. mccPILOTLOG continues to run, including the expensive cloud servers that sync and backup your flight data. We are only terminating further development and software updating. However, in the future, your logbook may encounter issues when the surrounding operating system (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) is updated, or when your airline makes changes to the crew rostering system. Therefore, we invite all pilots to switch to CrewLounge AERO today."

I asked for a refund of the mccpilotlog because it no longer works for my airline and they refuse to update it. Lets see what happens now.

josephfeatherweight
6th May 2019, 09:06
That's what the paying (some 96 EUROS!) customer wants - to join a "new journey"!!
Actually, they just want a product that works - and it should, it's essentially a flash spreadsheet with cloud backup...

MCDU2
6th May 2019, 10:17
Thanks for posting the letter. Since stopping flying "Pat" has certainly embraced the use of buzzwords. My take on his letter:

we grew to big and our costs got out of control so now I need more money
our competition went subscription and screwed over their customers so its okay to copy what they did cos we are a bit cheaper than them and aren't screwing you over as much - yet!
I know I am legally in the poop so I am saying I will honour the lifetime agreement but the reality is that when it comes to the crunch (Windows/OS/AIMS major updates) the existing software will fall over so I will play my get out of jail card and blame someone else

Papa_Kilo
7th May 2019, 01:50
If you are considering MCC Pilot Log, here’s my experience:

I purchased MCC Pilot Log Enterprise Edition (Lifetime) 5 months ago because I had heard good reviews and the company’s web site pitched how there were no subscription fees. It cost me about $81.09 after the EUR conversion. The MCC Pilot Log web site states “We do not run a subscription plan. We have 3 editions with one-time fee for life-time use. The basic STD Edition is even FREE.”

During these 5 months I used the software, but suddenly the airline interface stopped working. I went to the support page to log a support ticket and was greeted with the following message:

“IMPORTANT NOTE : 10 years after the first release, and 2600 changes and fixes later, it was time to rebuild mccPILOTLOG on new fundaments.

mccPILOTLOG is still available to existing customers. New customers can still purchase mccPILOTLOG, if they want. However, we are no longer updating mccPILOTLOG. Instead, the team is focusing on the new logbook. We recommend all pilots to migrate to our new app CrewLounge PILOTLOG !”

After my initial disbelief and further investigation I found the FAQ page for people like me who had just purchased what was sold as a lifetime license. Below is an excerpt from the company’s FAQ page:

” I paid for mccPILOTLOG, do I have to pay again ?

We keep our word : your license for mccPILOTLOG remains valid ! You have paid for a lifetime use of mccPILOTLOG, so you can continue to using mccPILOTLOG as long as you want. We do not terminate mccPILOTLOG, your logbook continues to run. We do not terminate support, you continue to receiving the same support as before.

We only terminate further updating and bug fixing. Our team is now focusing on the CrewLounge AERO Suite, a completely new platform created with the latest coding technologies and security protocols. CrewLounge PILOTLOG, as part of the CrewLounge AERO Suite, is the new pilot logbook to replace mccPILOTLOG. CrewLounge PILOTLOG is subscription based, we do no longer offer one-time payments.

We invite all pilots with a lifetime license for mccPILOTLOG to migrate and enjoy the new CrewLounge AERO Suite ! We certainly understand that you are reluctant to switching to a subscription plan. We have GOOD news for you : You don’t !

Contrary to our competitors, that either ceased to exist, or that canceled all license keys and forced users into a subscription plan, we offer grandfathering rights to all users of mccPILOTLOG ! You can now migrate your lifetime license from mccPILOTLOG to CrewLounge PILOTLOG with a one-time contribution ! Buy 3 years and get Lifetime ! No subscription, no extra charges ! We will also pay the VAT for you !

That’s true ! All pilots with a lifetime license for mccPILOTLOG can now transfer their license to the new CrewLounge PILOTLOG application and be excluded from subscriptions, for lifetime! This offer is limited in time !

As a bonus, you receive a free 1-year license for the popular calendar app CrewLounge CONNECT (value 12.00 EUR) ! And, as an extra bonus, all PRO users (mccPILOTLOG) can now free upgrade to ENT (CrewLounge PILOTLOG) without being charged extra !

So, here is our offer :

purchase 3 years of the new CrewLounge PILOTLOG software (*)
get 10% immediate discount (for 3-year orders)
get another 20% discount (that is, we will pay the VAT applicable to your country)
transfer your Lifetime license to CrewLounge PILOTLOG (be excluded from subscriptions)
upgrade to a higher Edition ENT or the new ENT+ (even if you are on PRO today)
get 1 year free use of our popular roster app CrewLounge CONNECT

This is a temporary offer, we hold the right to terminate this offer at any time !

(*) Pilots that purchased mccPILOTLOG in 2019, can upgrade with paying only 1-year subscription to CrewLounge AERO.”

Essentially, the lifetime software I just purchased will not be updated any more. Therefore, the airline interface will not be fixed. In other words, my software is now useless to me.

But wait, I checked out their upgrade offer and found that I will need to pay for 3 years up front to get the lifetime subscription that I already paid for 5 months ago. The price is 2.99 EUR/month or about $3.35/month as of today. A total of about $120.00. Believe it or not, I actually considered just paying the money and moving on with my life. So I downloaded the trial version of the new CrewLounge Pilot Log, imported my data and tried to download my schedule with the airline interface. Of course – it doesn’t work.

Overall, my experience with this company is extremely negative. I would not recommend MCC Pilot Log or CrewLounge Pilot Log. You will be disappointed and will end up having to pay for a real logbook program from a reputable company. Good luck folks. Learning is a change in behavior as a result of experience.

Kapdk
7th May 2019, 07:37
Hi guys

Threaten them with a lawsuit, it is illegal what they have done in the EU, I did, and got my money back.....
I don't give anything for "Personal Letter from our founder Pat, explaining the background." that's just BS, what happens is they just got greedy...

After I got my money back, they try to get me to remove my comments In Apple store with this email:
Dear XXXX,
We have returned your initial payment, which is an exception to our policy.
Since you are no longer using the applications, we would appreciate if you could perhaps remove your comments from the app store, for mccPILOTLOG / CrewLounge PILOTLOG. However, at all times, you have the right to leave your comments as they are.

That tells me, they know the have made a "big no-no", and my comments will stay, no one tries to steal/scam me of money, and then think i will help them afterwards...

africancirrus
7th May 2019, 16:11
One of the biggest mistake I ever did. Stay away from MCC Logbook. I bought it, shortly after stopped working, filed a report with support... 3 weeks later still waiting and not replying my emails.

Strait Shooter
8th May 2019, 10:32
Hi guys

Threaten them with a lawsuit, it is illegal what they have done in the EU, I did, and got my money back.....
I don't give anything for "Personal Letter from our founder Pat, explaining the background." that's just BS, what happens is they just got greedy...

After I got my money back, they try to get me to remove my comments In Apple store with this email:
Dear XXXX,
We have returned your initial payment, which is an exception to our policy.
Since you are no longer using the applications, we would appreciate if you could perhaps remove your comments from the app store, for mccPILOTLOG / CrewLounge PILOTLOG. However, at all times, you have the right to leave your comments as they are.

That tells me, they know the have made a "big no-no", and my comments will stay, no one tries to steal/scam me of money, and then think i will help them afterwards...

not a bad idea. Anyone who is waiting for their money back should maybe post a review with more detail and I’m sure that will get their attention.

Victor Golf
8th May 2019, 10:36
Since MCC Pilot Log has changed what Electronic logbook should I go for? I do not like Apple products so it has to be Android or Windows capable

nebojsar
8th May 2019, 17:01
I have same issue. Purchased enterprise subscription September 2018. Wrote them a mail yesterday and received same semi-generic response. Really bad way to migrate a product. As response to their mail I requested money back. Let's see what will happen.

Citationcj2
8th May 2019, 21:17
As above, another negative experience from me. Stay away from MccPilotlog or CrewLounge until they sort out their issues. Typical greed. At this stage Id rather pay more for a reliable and user friendly Logten then this shoody attempt at once okay logbook.

I would not recommend this company at all. Their software package is ultra complicated, especially if you were a previous MccPilot log user. You would think one needs to be a skilled C/C+ programmer to use their facilities.
They are not cheap, nor they care about their existing customers that recently switched to MccPilot log.
I paid for my top enterprise version which is now no longer valid. Just that recently online I came across this new Crew Lounge logbook, they advertised this grandfather rights and that if you purchase 3 years of Crew lounge, you get reinstated the lifetime version. Guess what, they must have ran this secretly, as when you go on their website, they want you to pay for the full 5 years of membership in advance.
Totally not worth it. Especially for a company that reopened a new company in order to improve things, but left their old customers behind, its certainly not a company I would trust paying 5 years of membership to come up with some new money scam again in 1 years time.

There's better options and easier to use platforms out there.

josephfeatherweight
8th May 2019, 21:57
If you happened to purchase MCC/CrewLounge via Paypal, then request a refund via Paypal - worked for me after about a week.

Banana Joe
8th May 2019, 22:30
Is anybody using Safelog and can tell me if it is possible to capture signatures? For me this is of great importance as I want to leave paper logbooks for good.

Cagedh
10th May 2019, 09:07
You can now migrate your lifetime license from mccPILOTLOG to CrewLounge PILOTLOG with a one-time contribution ! Buy 3 years and get Lifetime !
:ugh::ugh::*

nugpot
15th May 2019, 09:55
MCCPilotLog worked great for my needs. CrewLounge PilotLog is just completely broken at the moment. I hope they get it sorted out, because I have coughed up for a lifetime MCC Enterprise license and now for the grandfathered Crewlounge license.

nugpot
15th May 2019, 10:01
Pathetic customer service and a poor product that originally had potential - I feel bad that I recommended this to colleagues...
You described my feelings exactly!

nebojsar
18th May 2019, 07:58
I sent them mail regarding refund but no answer after. Now we will go for paypal dispute, maybe that helps...

Givin It All I Got Capt'n
20th May 2019, 06:45
I’ll add my review of Crewlounge Pilotlog too, which mimics most of the others on here. Used MCC for about 12-13years and while little complicated initially, worked well.

Enter Crewlounge pilotlog, looks and feels the same and essentially is the same, except it doesn’t work for me at all. Did the conversion of lifetime license thing, took my money easily enough, but the transfer of data from MCC was far from seamless. Quite a number of migration issues of data which took a number of hours for me to correct. Eventually got the Windows program working ok and then moved to adding the IOS app. The IOS app just does not work...

Went through a number of support tickets which took over 14 days to get a reply, and every time the response resembles something like “we have fixed this please reinstall”. Support responses are rubbish and it seems to me nothing is getting fixed. Got the same letter “from Pat” etc...

I asked for for a refund via ticket and got a generic “we’re working on it response”, but no mention of a refund, so I opened a Paypal refund dispute. Within 24 hrs of the dispute they removed my Crewlounge account [fair enough) and sent an invoice credit note saying they will refund immediately. The PDF credit note from them shows a refund, but days later no refund actually recieved. Guess I’ll be relying on PayPal.

They wrecked a system that was working well, likely as suggested due wanting more money... can’t recommend Crewlounge as a program or their support.

Now looking for something else other than Logten (no mac, but use iOS iPad/iphone), Safelog seems to be the one, but very old reviews don’t read well. Can anyone comment on Dauntless Safelog recently?

josephfeatherweight
20th May 2019, 22:50
Capt'n - hold out a few days for the Paypal refund - it can take a coupla days...
I'll be amazed if this company survives this train-wreck of a software "upgrade"...

havick
21st May 2019, 18:09
Make sure you update and keep manual updates on your hard drive of your logbook for when the music finally does stop on the whole company.

simple9
24th May 2019, 21:31
Hi

So now i'm working on a big airline and want an electronic logbook, was thinking about one which I could easily update with the airline's information.... so no manual entries.

I see that I better not get mccpilotlog nor Crewlounge pilotlog, so what would be your recommendation? The cheaper the better, as I don't really need it but i¡d like to have a place where to keep track of the flights outside of the airline database....

thank you!

KeepCalm
27th May 2019, 06:49
I'm also using MCC, but the old lifetime version.
I hope "the music doesn't stop".
​​​​Nevertheless keeping an eye here just in case another electronic logbook becomes available.

AdzMc
28th May 2019, 12:00
Sent you a Private Message

Private Message sent

They have just confirmed a refund for me for the crewlounge update, and confirmend they will Pay me back for MCC i bought last summer.

I do think they are real concerned about all this, and what it are doing to there business, but then again it's there own fault...

I am going back to Logten pro it's the best but pricey, so one round less for the hold crew next time ����

AdzMc
28th May 2019, 12:34
So, this is how far I've got with them. I sent them an email.....:rolleyes:

"Hi There,

Whilst I understand that that a fixed pricing model may not be the best business model, it is the model that set you above all of the competition and the model that you sold to me KNOWING that you were soon to be launching a new product and discontinuing support for the current product, something which may go against EU trade and Distance Selling Regulation laws.

Whilst it's nice to be 'grandfathered' in, this information WAS NOT clearly visible throughout the transfer process, and the wording used suggested a free transfer. By making people pay for the new software, you're not actually allowing them to migrate their original lifetime licence, what you're actually doing is allowing them to purchase a new lifetime licence that has a temporary time limit applied to it....much like many new subscription services do to get new customers to sign up.

The fact that existing users need to purchase a new license should have been mentioned on the initial welcome screen when opening mccPILOTLOG and a FAQ should have been posted on the instructions page BEFORE being advised to 'buy' a new subscription.

If you go onto Facebook and PPRuNe etc, there are many threads about this topic and how disgusted people are with how this change has been implemented and the fact that the new software has left many users unable to access their data. I hope you can offer me some sort of financial compromise, such as refunding me my original ENT subscription, but allowing me to keep my lifetime license after purchasing the new software as I didn't even get 1 years use out of mccPILOTLOG.

Regards,

Adam"

......and this was their reply......

"Dear Adam,

We understand that the inability to using mccPILOTLOG to its full extend has caused major inconveniences to you.

I therefore discussed your request for a free or discount upgrade with the Sales Manager.

There are many other pilots still waiting for a bug fix, waiting for an airline connection, waiting for a logbook format or other functionalities and software issues. It is very difficult for us to draw a line. How much shall we discount for a small bug, a major bug, a missing function, a delay...

To make sure that all of our customers are treated the same way, the Sales Manager adheres to a strict policy without exceptions. I am sorry that I cannot make this happen for you. We do however commit to resolving all pending issues in the new software CrewLounge PILOTLOG.

I can imagine that you do not feel comfortable with this reply. But even with the normal upgrade, our pricing remains way below the competition. Give it a try, and free download the new logbook. You can test the features with a free account, and decide later.

I hope that you will still join us on our new journey.

Enjoy your Life in the Sky,

CrewLounge SUPPORT"

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

nebojsar
28th May 2019, 13:27
Basicaly they are playing us around. Acting like classic scam. Never mind, this is proper way to loose your customers. If that was their goal they are doing good.

Banana Joe
28th May 2019, 15:30
Eventually, they will get sued.

pewpewbum
28th May 2019, 16:44
When I add flights on the iOS app and then try to sync, they won't appear on my desktop app... Has anyone else got this problem?

Givin It All I Got Capt'n
29th May 2019, 05:17
Yes, the app doesnt work....

I got a full refund for Crewlounge Pilotlog, the software is a mess. Ill keep using MCC while i can, still looking for a reasonable replacement that doesnt need a Mac.

cefey
31st May 2019, 20:25
Based on previously decent reviews I decided to get MCClog. Paid 40€. It never worked. Downloaded hours wrongly, a week later it stopped downloading hours all-together.

MCC team were quick to promise "to fix the issue soon" - that was back in September. In December it was "couple of weeks", a month later "mid Feb". At the end of March I was told to "buy new software". What a rip-off!
I´ve downloaded new app. It looks exactly the same, with few new futures that I don´t need at all. They just renamed it and want more money.

Last month they completely ignore me on e-mail as well. If I don´t get any reply, I´ll submit claim with my bank to get my money back and mark them as scam, for that what it is. Their product never worked. Empty promises and then "buy more". I´m sure in 2-3 year they will rename app once more and ask for another 100-200eur.

josephfeatherweight
1st Jun 2019, 00:19
I´m sure in 2-3 year they will rename app once more and ask for another 100-200eur.
cefey, I agree with everything else you said except this - they're not going to survive this.
Which is unfortunate, but inevitable, given the path they chose.

blahfod
2nd Jun 2019, 06:00
Crewlounge PILOTLOG is obviously a scam that I also have fallen victim to. Add my name to the class action. Blahfod

chrisk96
26th Jun 2019, 08:38
After reading these 9 pages of agony of what is good or bad, who is evil etc... I conclude that LogTen Pro is the safest way to go if you want to safely keep track of your logbook with all the bells and whistles. Downside, it cost 130,- a year if you want to take full option (Mac/iphone/ipad). roughly 11,- a month. And you are hooked to Coradine (even sounds like a kind of drug).

Guess all the apps have an O'leary factor build in. Hook people and charge them after when they are really hooked.

Talking about bells and whistles.... Do we need all these extras?? Wind information, WX, runway info, connecting to colleagues.... we are talking about a logbook here.... There are enough apps that will show the same. Even my airline now provides good apps for that. It's just another way to stand out to competitor apps.

I saw a couple of interesting replies stating "what is wrong with a spreadsheet"?!
Years ago I've been flying with a captain who took out his mini laptop (probably still with windows 98 installed) on every sector typing in the the crucial logbook info in Excel. It took him 30 seconds to do that.

So in 2019 with Excel and Numbers still around, wouldn't it be nice to take out your smartphone/tablet and enter your crucial logbook entries in a spreadsheet (Excel/Pages) and having it synced thru iCloud or whatsoever when you land. Having 100% ownership. Totally FREE!! for life guaranteed. Takes a couple of seconds.
The only thing that has to be done is to build a nice working template by some spreadsheet gurus among us. Maybe this template will be even a standard in the future and by wish can be imported by Logten or MCC. Of course I realise you cannot store photos of collegues, signatures and live WX info in the sheet.... but again I personally am not looking for that in a logbook.

I hope there are some fellow pilots around who share the same idea and want to look together into this.

Regards!
ChrisK

Spotless
26th Jun 2019, 10:54
I guess thats what logten and MCC did and made a business of it?!

Banana Joe
26th Jun 2019, 13:37
For those that are lazy, like me, and want to use a spreadsheet you can look at Excel Pilot Logbook.

Unfortunately, I need the signature capability as I am planning to get rid of my paper logbook and go full electronic.

Coradine do offer the best option, but I'm not an Apple user. So it's either bet on CrewLounge PILOTLOG or just pay annually for LogTen Pro and use it on my old iPad Mini 2.

I am looking at Safelog, but they seem to have a past of bullying their customers.

Banana Joe
1st Jul 2019, 00:06
Is anybody having issues between the Windows 10 desktop application and Android app?

the boy
2nd Jul 2019, 21:15
Website down

No way to contact support

oz_faf81
3rd Jul 2019, 01:45
Website down

No way to contact support

I guess you are talking about the old version of the software, right? The one they have stopped supporting. That would make sense to close the website since they announced they were discontinuing support for it.

terra_nullius
6th Aug 2019, 23:14
I went from Logten Pro to MCC last year because I already paid 3 'lifetime' licences to Coradine for LTP and because of company mandated iPad iOS upgrade lost my older synced iPad version for LTP.
MCC was at best only 1/3 of what LPT was able to do, but with the 'lifetime' licence worth the gamble.

The advertised import never worked, summited it 3 times but with 20+ years of flying it always came back short about 10k hours. So endend up just to put in the previous totals.

Basically MCC is no better than Coradine, both are a 'rip-off' but at least with LTP you get a working streamlined piece of software.
MCC has doomed itself by failing to live up to its promise and now putting out junk software which is in no-way worth the money.

Support is horrible. I also spelled out to them that according to several EU laws they are in breach of contract, I won't bother but like somebody else already mentioned, just a matter of time before they get sued.

Aviation is a small world, stuff like this will kill your business in no time at all, no pity though, complete self induced c.....up
Stay away from MCC and spent your money somewhere else...

ehwatezedoing
6th Aug 2019, 23:35
Well, I do have MCC now Pilotlog crew lounge and "oh my gosh" I still have no issue!
On my side, they live to their promise.

I do keep up with the updates though....
(and I will never expect an import to go flawless)

gatelli
7th Aug 2019, 05:21
terra_nullius try FlightLog it’s free, made by pilots, and with far more functions !

six-sixty
8th Aug 2019, 11:06
I went from Logten Pro to MCC last year because I already paid 3 'lifetime' licences to Coradine for LTP and because of company mandated iPad iOS upgrade lost my older synced iPad version for LTP.
MCC was at best only 1/3 of what LPT was able to do, but with the 'lifetime' licence worth the gamble.

The advertised import never worked, summited it 3 times but with 20+ years of flying it always came back short about 10k hours. So endend up just to put in the previous totals.

Basically MCC is no better than Coradine, both are a 'rip-off' but at least with LTP you get a working streamlined piece of software.
MCC has doomed itself by failing to live up to its promise and now putting out junk software which is in no-way worth the money.

Support is horrible. I also spelled out to them that according to several EU laws they are in breach of contract, I won't bother but like somebody else already mentioned, just a matter of time before they get sued.

Aviation is a small world, stuff like this will kill your business in no time at all, no pity though, complete self induced c.....up
Stay away from MCC and spent your money somewhere else...

Agreed. I swallowed the "upgrade" fee despite having a lifetime license for the previous version which I suspect they broke deliberately to force people to cough up. I've wasted hours essentially being an unpaid alpha tester for them, sending detailed write-ups of numerous basic issues to which if I'm lucky I get a reply saying "please try again in the latest version" which never works. My latest outstanding queries are 2 month old, still with no reply. Feels like a company drowning, and tbh treating customers like they have they deserve it.

Banana Joe
14th Aug 2019, 00:20
So, I made the move finally. After a first unsuccessful import with a very messed up outcome to say the least, I managed to import my logbook from mccPilotLog to CrewLounge PILOTLOG. It also automatically downloaded the next planned flights for the rest of the month. I reckon it is somehow connected to the CONNECT roster app. I will have to become familiar with this feature since it wasn't available with my previous airline.

I paid with PayPal, so I'll be very critical after having spent around 100 euro for a software that I was the owner of already.

Sore Higher
10th Sep 2019, 22:19
Me too.

Finally made the move from mccPilotlog which I had been using for years - Couldn't face manually writing in 3 months of flights, or learning how to use a new log book app.
Following the instructions at https://support.crewlounge.aero/support/solutions/articles/24000034285 Everything worked as stated with the transfer. And was relieved to find I was able to import the last 3 months from AIMS, but needed to be patient, it took minutes and appeared to be stuck at times but got there eventually. I suspect the delay was more likely due to the company AIMS interface being slow.

I wonder how long the new 100 euro 'lifetime' licence will last for? Better be at least the 3 years I have paid for!

Sore Higher
24th Sep 2019, 11:10
Now regret paying them. Only did so, because I want to be able to download my flights into log book from AIMS, but it is not working properly.

All flights that were previously on the roster for a particular day are downloaded and entered in the flight log, so many flights I did not do are downloaded.
And the aircraft registrations are not being picked up. Anyone else had this problem?

No reply from support unfortunately.

Ganzic
1st Oct 2019, 08:27
Now regret paying them. Only did so, because I want to be able to download my flights into log book from AIMS, but it is not working properly.

All flights that were previously on the roster for a particular day are downloaded and entered in the flight log, so many flights I did not do are downloaded.
And the aircraft registrations are not being picked up. Anyone else had this problem?

No reply from support unfortunately.

Managed to get a refund through my credit card company, with the rate these guys are going they will go bust soon, the software is still crap, buggy and keeps corrupting my logbook.

Anyone has suggestions where to export it to? I am not a Apple user so something that works on windows or linux?...

GoldenGooseGuy
3rd Oct 2019, 01:44
I use an Excel spreadsheet, which breaks down hours by type, aircraft, landings, etc. It's a universally accessible format for life, editable, and easily customized. Put it on google drive, and it's in the cloud and backed up for free. Not only that, but it teaches a real world skill which is helpful outside of the airlines - I now work in finance.

Beavering away
3rd Oct 2019, 02:16
So in 2019 with Excel and Numbers still around, wouldn't it be nice to take out your smartphone/tablet and enter your crucial logbook entries in a spreadsheet (Excel/Pages) and having it synced thru iCloud or whatsoever when you land. Having 100% ownership. Totally FREE!! for life guaranteed. Takes a couple of seconds.

Excel Pilot Logbook seems to do the job and using it with something like Google Sheets basically accomplishes what you describe.

Banana Joe
3rd Oct 2019, 11:44
This CrewLounge BS has become some massive joke. All of a sudden my licenses for PILOTLOG and CONNECT have disappeared and there is nothing in the My Orders section in the My CrewLounge profile. I upgrded from mccPILOTLOG to PILOTLOG only a few months ago. Saying that I am an unhappy customer is an euphemism... And it seems tech support is being outsourced to somewhere in South Asia to people that don't have a clue.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Banana Joe
4th Oct 2019, 20:48
An update is due.
They had a server downtime, and this caused me to be locked out of my logbook. I could not even start the desktop application. I was totally locked out. I don't know how the new software works, why it would need to be connected to the Internet and their servers need to be working, but I find it unacceptable. Pity they are the only reasonable option at the moment on Windows and Android.
As of now, I can not even generate a CSV file that would allow me to export my logbook to a free to use logbook just as a backup. I have three unresolved ticket issues open with their tech support, and they are slow. When mccPILOTLOG was supported their tech support was superb.

Tilster
14th Oct 2019, 08:13
Spreadsheets are ok, but personally I primarily wanted something that was going to save me time, and a spreadsheet goes some way towards doing that but no matter how well its set up, its a world away from the functionality you get from an electronic logbook. Ive used pilotlog.com for about 8 years and couldn't be happier, i've had no issues with subscriptions etc that everyone is talking about with LogX Pro etc because its all cloud based. You can fill your logbook out on your phone (android or iOS), and sync it to the cloud, then go to any computer with an internet connection, open a web browser, log in, and access your log book etc. This is good not just for redundancy (if you lose or upgrade a device, you just download the app, click sync and all your data is back), but also theres no chance that they are going to force you to buy it again if you accidentally uninstall the software etc.

If you don't like the idea of subscription then there is an option for a lifetime membership, its not cheap but when you consider how many years you have of flying ahead of you, and the immense amount of time its going to save you its actually really good value. The company has been around for ages, their support is quick and efficient, they are always improving and updating the functionality of the software and it is highly customisable so will work for 99% of pilots. Having said that, they know what the format requirements are of each regulator, just select your jurisdiction and all the fields are set out just as you will need them.

In terms of day to day use, I simply download my roster from sabre into roster buster, and then export it from there to my apple calendar (which then gets shared automatically with my partner) and pilotlog.com. You then go back into your logbook click sync and all your scheduled flights are pre loaded into your logbook, simply update the schedule times to actual times once the flight has been completed click save and you are done.

Booglebox
15th Oct 2019, 09:44
I've been using SafeLog. Seems to work pretty well but also interested in other options...

Jet A1
18th Oct 2019, 16:49
Has anyone got MCC PILOTLOG to work after the Catalina update for Mac or is it curtains and a forced move over to the new sub based program ?

Intrance
20th Oct 2019, 09:01
Has anyone got MCC PILOTLOG to work after the Catalina update for Mac or is it curtains and a forced move over to the new sub based program ?Can't help you with the question but if you can't get the old version to work I would suggest to look into any alternative except for crewLounge crap :).

Banana Joe
20th Oct 2019, 14:53
They realised they rushed the release of PILOTLOG and they have announced some time ago PILOTLOG version 5.2, which will require a clean install. When they posted the announcement, some weeks ago, they said it would be published in a couple of days. We're nearing the month's end. Well, I'd rather have them take their time to release a proper software. I still can't create a CSV file to export my logbook to another software as a backup.

Intrance
20th Oct 2019, 15:35
Please, are you still taking their word? They promised mccPilotlog v5.0 for three years and turned that into the pile of steaming ones and zeros you have now. Their initial launch of that was even postponed time and time again. Anyone putting any value on their promises nowadays needs a reality check to be honest.

Emma Royds
25th Oct 2019, 10:50
Has anyone got MCC PILOTLOG to work after the Catalina update for Mac or is it curtains and a forced move over to the new sub based program ?

Same situation for me. MCC is 32 bit software and Catalina is a 64 bit OS. I can't see a workaround for this as far as I can see.

Intrance
26th Oct 2019, 09:36
Same situation for me. MCC is 32 bit software and Catalina is a 64 bit OS. I can't see a workaround for this as far as I can see.Have you tried setting up a virtual machine? I don't use a macOS system myself but I do believe there is some software that makes setting up a VM fairly easy and you could try running it through that VM.

Cough
26th Oct 2019, 22:56
Jet A1 - There is a beta test of PilotLog (crew lounge) out - Installed and worked first go (on Catalina). The literature mentioned it was due to be released generally within the month... And yes, it needed to go 64bit to work.

Dunno about the MCC section of the pilot log, just glad I jumped to the new one!

HermanTheGerman
27th Oct 2019, 20:24
cannot recommend mcc anymore. Some months ago, all over sudden some of my flights were only partially synced to my mobile devices. And database (pilots) as well. I am emailing to them since months, sent screenshots, they reply with huge (weeks!) delay, problem is not solved. Once they replied I need to delete and re-install the app. Thank you, I did, since then everything is gone (on my mobile). I am really p****d, will watch this space and probably change soon.

Banana Joe
8th Nov 2019, 12:55
Version 5.2 is out and what was supposed to fix bugs in version 5.0 turned out to be something worse. The desktop app lags and random remarks are placed in the remarks section of the logbook when I generate a pdf printout.

My patience has come to an end and I am looking for another alternative on Android, and I am willing to give up the digital signature feature.

nick2012
10th Nov 2019, 10:23
That is enough for me as well! i have been with MCC since 2008 and now i just switched to Logten Pro and i am absolutely happy since it is reliable and more customizable.

Since the Major update of the MCC 5.0 nothing seems to work as before , countless bugs everywhere in both mac OS and iOS applications. It is a complete mess. I really regretted the money i gave them for the update in May. Guys just stay away!

Banana Joe
12th Nov 2019, 20:26
Another update is due. When they do something good it should be said, not just the bad things. They acknowledged all the bugs and after a few days, they seem to have been fixed with today's update.

Intrance
13th Nov 2019, 00:24
Another update is due. When they do something good it should be said, not just the bad things. They acknowledged all the bugs and after a few days, they seem to have been fixed with today's update.I'm not sure that counts as doing something good though... First break it, then get credit for fixing it? Does not work like that where I come from, and should probably not try that in the cockpit either :P.

bohpilot
14th Nov 2019, 21:39
I am now stuck where MCCPilotlog will not run under OSX Catalina. I cannot access the program to even transfer the license and database even if I wanted to, I have to access my logbook as I have a interview and they need the last 5 pages, im stuffed. My only choice to to format an old MacBook I have into an older version of OSX to just access Mcc, what crap.

Xpact
24th Nov 2019, 19:53
Hey Guy´s,

because of all the errors of version 5.2, does anybody has the installation file of version 5.0 for Windows?
Or maybe you can upload it somewhere and send me the link?
Thanks!
Greetings from Austria

Xpact
25th Nov 2019, 16:12
Hey Guy´s,

does anybody has the installation file of version 5.0 of Crewlounge Pilotlog?
Version 5.2 doesn´t work, all of my datas are erased and I want to restore my backup, which is not possible with version 5.2.
Can you send me the file, or upload it anywhere and send me the link please?
Thanks - Greetings from Austria

Journey Man
27th Nov 2019, 20:29
hi Chris,

The problem with this is that Excel gets quite cumbersome with a lot of rows of data. I created my own Excel spreadsheet based on the Jepp pro pilot logbook layout. There are a few additions I.e. it calculates great circle distance between places purely for my amusement. It also auto calculates night time and night takeoff/landing based on location of takeoff and landing, but this requires new destinations to be added with coordinates and that list sorted. I find my solution easy to keep tidy, but I could see how it would come apart for someone else. Really, some form of database, such as in FileMaker Pro might be a better open source solution.

After reading these 9 pages of agony of what is good or bad, who is evil etc... I conclude that LogTen Pro is the safest way to go if you want to safely keep track of your logbook with all the bells and whistles. Downside, it cost 130,- a year if you want to take full option (Mac/iphone/ipad). roughly 11,- a month. And you are hooked to Coradine (even sounds like a kind of drug).

Guess all the apps have an O'leary factor build in. Hook people and charge them after when they are really hooked.

Talking about bells and whistles.... Do we need all these extras?? Wind information, WX, runway info, connecting to colleagues.... we are talking about a logbook here.... There are enough apps that will show the same. Even my airline now provides good apps for that. It's just another way to stand out to competitor apps.

I saw a couple of interesting replies stating "what is wrong with a spreadsheet"?!
Years ago I've been flying with a captain who took out his mini laptop (probably still with windows 98 installed) on every sector typing in the the crucial logbook info in Excel. It took him 30 seconds to do that.

The only thing that has to be done is to build a nice working template by some spreadsheet gurus among us. Maybe this template will be even a standard in the future and by wish can be imported by Logten or MCC. Of course I realise you cannot store photos of collegues, signatures and live WX info in the sheet.... but again I personally am not looking for that in a logbook.

I hope there are some fellow pilots around who share the same idea and want to look together into this.

Regards!
ChrisK

JezusNut
3rd Dec 2019, 06:13
Just adding my vote in here to tell people to stay away from this company. Since giving them my money 2 months ago it still doesn't do the basics like print out an accurate logbook. Their support would have to be the worst I have ever dealt with. Every time I see an update I completly uninstall everything, refresh the database with a new export out of my (once-reliable) mccPilotLog and cross my fingers..still not fixed.

I also love the way they say they don't support mccPilotlog but they still are slipping updates out to it. The once reliable mcc is starting to show a few cracks in it now as well. I guess that's what you do when you want people to move to your new product. I'll be moving alright....not to them!

greatupstairs
3rd Dec 2019, 22:54
It's fraudulent, a scam. If CrewLounge can respond to a pre-sales request within 48 hours in my case, promise that there is a migration path before the sale and yet have no migration path from Mac OS Catalina (as the product will not load) and support refuses to engage (despite 5 emails to them and even using social media now to contact them), then their ONLY interest is taking money and not delivering the service. That's the definition of a fraud. What a huge waste of cash for the supposed lifetime licence. Utter bullsh*t.

Capt Under Pants
6th Dec 2019, 00:58
Don't get Crew Lounge. Still unable to use after a month. Its crap. Other people have also said numerous issues and wish they hadn't swapped over from MccPilot Log.

Sleepybhudda
6th Dec 2019, 14:41
In defence of CrewLounge PILOTLOG I spent an afternoon transferring it from mccPILOTLOG to a 64 bit Mac Pro Catalina IOS. It took some reading and re-reading of support documents but it is now working fine. With some new features not available before on mccPILOTLOG. If you had a lifetime subscription the €74? €94 changeover does bite. But hey it does work as advertised.....so far!

greatupstairs
6th Dec 2019, 15:48
In defence of CrewLounge PILOTLOG I spent an afternoon transferring it from mccPILOTLOG to a 64 bit Mac Pro Catalina IOS. It took some reading and re-reading of support documents but it is now working fine. With some new features not available before on mccPILOTLOG. If you had a lifetime subscription the €74? €94 changeover does bite. But hey it does work as advertised.....so far!

Am intrigued, how did you get mccPILOTLOG to open on Catalina (which it cannot as its a 32 bit program on a 64 bit OS) so that you can extract the logs to migrate? That's where my migration halted.

Sleepybhudda
7th Dec 2019, 12:00
I had an old version of mccPILOTLOG on a previous windows laptop. So I updated that from the cloud, converted the database for new version and transferred the licence. I then opened up the Catalina Macpro and checked it could see the converted data and that the licence was valid. It then opened it updated and seemed okay from there. One or two tweets after that. Hope that helps.

JezusNut
15th Dec 2019, 19:26
I wouldn't trust them...this is their refund policy!

"You may cancel your paid subscription at any time. We have a no-refund policy. Refunds are only issued if required by law. For example, individual users living in the European Union have the right to cancel their paid subscription within 14 days of signing up for, upgrading to or renewing a paid account.

In case the Software or the Services are defective, we shall offer support and try to fix the defect, without any guarantees or obligations. You cannot obtain any refund when a part of the Services is defective or is removed. Paying for the Services issues an electronic user license only, no physical goods are shipped.

You understand and you agree that we may stop the Services at any time, without reason, without prior notice and without any refund or restitution."

I asked for a refund weeks ago but like the support its been radio silence.

Shame, it was such a good product.

jackal.pl
12th Jan 2020, 22:20
Guys, looking for help. Till last month I was using MCC v4.0, after my PC crash I cannot download from anywhere installation file for mccpilog log v4 (i have licence). Support via ticket or facebook do not respond from 2 weeks. Looking for any help.... Thanks in advance.

chopper2004
16th Jan 2020, 18:42
Happy New Year all, btw I am starting to use a new system called Avionlog ....and wondering if anyone else is using this?

https://www.avionlog.com

cheers and for those of you in Rotorhesds, see you in a week and bit.

chopper2004
17th Jan 2020, 20:34
I only read the last few pages but I was wondering what other free/cheaper electronic logbooks are good?

I use LogTen pro (£7.99 a month) with RosterBuster at the moment.
i used to use crewconnect for roster download but got rid of it last year when it stopped working.

Hi there,

Well I only pay £40 for yearly subscription on iPhone and iPad for my Avionlog electronic logbook. Also you can transfer your LogTen Pro to AvionLog.

cheers

TheWrightBrother&Son
27th Jan 2020, 10:03
Hello fellow ppruners,

Mcc pilotLog stopped importing from the airline portal several months ago, it's constantly giving back a 'time out error' (even with the slow connection box checked). I was waiting some time ( months) to see if it was recovering (since also the airline is constantly changing access to their portal, adding new layers of passwords, protections, pins and more passwords ...), then recently I sent an email to Mcc pilot log team just to receive a very annoying answer that they stopped upgrading this product and asking me to migrate to the new one and pay for the privilege, action that I will not do: what about the lifetime membership that I already paid once?! So they lost one client. My question now is:
Is there a way to import flights from a database file (CSV) downloaded by AIMS to MCC pilotLog? There is this function but I can not make it works, is anyone using the program this way?
If I switch to LogTen will I be able to collect easily the flights from MCC pilotLog database?
What a mess. Do not upgrade and pay for the new software! These people do not stand by their own words.
Maybe it is just better to start rock carving all my future flights block times, in an ancient Egyptian fashion way. Off to look for a nearby cave...

Citationcj2
27th Jan 2020, 11:35
In reply to your question as I was in the same boat and since MCC pilot log has become a subscription based log book, I might aswell transfer to logten pro for little bit more, but genuinely 100% better and more user friendly software.

There is some info on logten pro website how to migrate and essentially you only need the export and then import the excel file.

However, I suggest you first edit the columns in the excel file so you can better integrate into Logten pro.
It took me about an hour of editing, importing then deleting again and importing again untill I got the result I wanted.

You can run a log ten pro trial and transfer all your stuff across before you buy anyway so that will give you an idea of what’s involved.

TheWrightBrother&Son
27th Jan 2020, 14:03
Thanks Cj2, I will give Logten pro a try. Otherwise, I will revert to ink and paper. A bit tired of the whole concept of software that label itself as 'from pilots to pilots'

Beacon_Outbound
28th Jan 2020, 11:24
Guys, looking for help. Till last month I was using MCC v4.0, after my PC crash I cannot download from anywhere installation file for mccpilog log v4 (i have licence). Support via ticket or facebook do not respond from 2 weeks. Looking for any help.... Thanks in advance.

yes, I have the windows executables for v4.0. if you still need them, let me know and I will send them to you. 👍🏻

Chally604
14th Mar 2020, 19:59
Hey CJ,
Was your MCCpilotlog backup file also password protected?
How did you work around that?
I wanted to unzip. Couldn't do it, since it was protected. Not from my side.
Support was not replying anymore, once I requested them to unlock the file.
Cheers

Chally604
14th Mar 2020, 20:05
Hey Brother Wright,

I had same issues and posted my experience here at the end:
https://www.pprune.org/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting/569257-mccpilotlog.html?highlight=mccpilotlog

What did you do finally?
Literally I am planning to go back to paper.
Kinda like the old school idea and freedom....

Hello fellow ppruners,

Mcc pilotLog stopped importing from the airline portal several months ago, it's constantly giving back a 'time out error' (even with the slow connection box checked). I was waiting some time ( months) to see if it was recovering (since also the airline is constantly changing access to their portal, adding new layers of passwords, protections, pins and more passwords ...), then recently I sent an email to Mcc pilot log team just to receive a very annoying answer that they stopped upgrading this product and asking me to migrate to the new one and pay for the privilege, action that I will not do: what about the lifetime membership that I already paid once?! So they lost one client. My question now is:
Is there a way to import flights from a database file (CSV) downloaded by AIMS to MCC pilotLog? There is this function but I can not make it works, is anyone using the program this way?
If I switch to LogTen will I be able to collect easily the flights from MCC pilotLog database?
What a mess. Do not upgrade and pay for the new software! These people do not stand by their own words.
Maybe it is just better to start rock carving all my future flights block times, in an ancient Egyptian fashion way. Off to look for a nearby cave...

Sore Higher
16th Mar 2020, 13:05
Used to have a lifetime sub to mcc pilotlog. Paying out the money for crewlounge pilotlog was irritating, but after being patient it does seem to have started working. Now it only access's the roster from your phone app, but syncs no problem with the other devices.

TheWrightBrother&Son
8th Jul 2020, 19:23
@Chally604
What did you do finally?
I was told a way to import flights downloading first a file from the company site and then importing. A bit troublesome but still acceptable. But now I updated my mac to the newest operating system (it was just keep asking me to do so, and one day I eventually gave up and pressed yes...argh) just to find out that now Mcc logbook doesn't even open anymore. So I am considering seriously to switch to this crewlounge thing, I really don't want to go back to paper, so can't find a better plan so far. On a side note, if the programme was actually blocked by the new 64 bits Mac operating new system and they had to update the original MCC to keep doing its work, I can accept a bit more peacefully their request for a new subscription, since I suppose they had to do a lot of extra work as well to make the switch. At least, I naively wanna think so

terra_nullius
8th Jul 2020, 19:34
. At least, I naively wanna think so

Just let it go, it still is a scam.
I moved on never to look back at this piece of s.. software.

josephfeatherweight
9th Jul 2020, 09:24

I strongly concur - please do NOT purchase this software, it is rubbish.

TheWrightBrother&Son
11th Jul 2020, 14:24
Thanks for your sound advice, which I followed. I then started digging to find another way (tried to use a virtual machine but gave up within seconds, as I can't stand to spend time setting up unneeded IT stuff), and then I found a provider I didn't know before: pilotlog co uk . They imported the .DB file within the MCC pilotlog programme (not a properly arranged CSV, but the actual programme raw database), and within few hours it was all set up, I recovered everything and the interface is great: plain basic stuff, no frills or unnecessary function/graphic. You access it directly from internet, so no need for any programme. They have one for the phones but to be honest for me is just perfect this way. I don't want this to sounds as advertising, but I just want to share with you my final point on this e-logbook journey. Cheers

EatMyShorts!
11th Jul 2020, 15:42
I am still on the old mccPilotLog, hopefully it will be functional for some time. I do need the flight time reports that it can issue and would miss them if another logging-app/service would not have them.

TheWrightBrother&Son
11th Jul 2020, 15:52
If you are a mac user, don't update to the new system, catolina or catarina or whatever is called, it's 64 bits, what it means is out of my reach, but I tell you: with mccpilotlog will be game over. It won't even start. Zero

ehwatezedoing
12th Jul 2020, 05:52
You know, if you don't keep up with updates, being from your laptop, each one of your program you have on it, e-logbook, etc...
Eventually you will call everything a scam and piece of s.. softwares.

I had no issue, when I was with mccpilotlog (after they somehow managed to save all the data from a truly out of date e-logbook that wouldn't work anymore) I switched to Crewlounge and pay for it. Still no issues.
As someone said above: "Since they had to do a lot of extra work to make the switch, might as well pay for it"

Just to say, I didn't wait for the program to cakes in by let it becoming truly obsolete. Forcing me afterward to figure out how to manage a switch.

I do get it though, us pilot are ruthless son of a mama that wants everything top notch for free :p

EatMyShorts!
12th Jul 2020, 08:43
For free? We already paid for a "life-time" subscription and many elected to voluntarily pay 70-odd EUR for the "Enterprise Edition" to give a little bit more.

ehwatezedoing
13th Jul 2020, 12:45
----------> "Since they had to do a lot of extra work to make the switch, might as well pay for it"

terra_nullius
13th Jul 2020, 13:10
You know, if you don't keep up with updates, being from your laptop, each one of your program you have on it, e-logbook, etc...

I do get it though, us pilot are ruthless son of a mama that wants everything top notch for free :p

Well, usually if you have no idea what you are talking about, it makes you look stupid, this certainly applies to your posting

I had the latest MCC version, I tried them early and the database of my 25year + carreer did not transfer correctly from LTP, contacted them several times.
A year later I bought the lifetime version, tried several times to get them to convert the database correctly, which they could never get done correctly, missing something like 10.000 hours..... and in LTP it is working flawlessly. Don't offer database conversion if you can't get it to work.

I decided to just use the totals and start new in MCC.

The functionality is nowhere close to LTP, but with the reasonable lifetime promise/price it was ok...until they came out with crewlounge which is really garbage, the initials did not work at all, and then we are not even talking about the lifetime broken promise.

All in all it lacks any meaningful functionality and is substandard.

As a software company you know what quality you put out, it really sucked. In that case just stopping support on lifetime purchases and trying to force you in to a new non-functioning piece of software in my book amounts to extortion.

What they should have done is transfer all existing customers with lifetime licences free of charge or a minor addition and extend the lifetime to the existing customer and then try to fix it with the help of your customers.
New costumers you can then charge at the new pricing, that way you build confidence and expand your business.

They c..ked it up and are now paying the price for it and this has nothing to do with free software, I already payed for it anyway for a lifetime, If you don't plan on honoring it, don't offer it.

There appears only one greedy party here and it certainly isn't me...

ps. all pliots that I know who where using MCC dumped it and moved to something more robust and more importantly, more trustworthy.

Intrance
20th Jul 2020, 11:13
Just wanted to shout out Flightmatic (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flightmatic/id1511914249) here, probably the most clean and modern looking logbook app I've seen on iOS. I have no affiliation to it, was just browsing logbook apps to see if any new ones had popped up. It seems to be developed by one person and it is still pretty basic at the moment. I noticed the odd spelling mistake here and there. And it does not have the advanced features and reports like LogTen Pro et al. If you don't need anything really fancy, it will probably do the job pretty well. I just appreciate the clean UI and hope it can grow into a contender.

RB Logbook also seems worth a look, mostly for the RosterBuster integration if your airline roster system is supported.

ehwatezedoing
20th Jul 2020, 11:46
Well, usually if you have no idea what you are talking about, it makes you look stupid, this certainly applies to your posting

I had the latest MCC version, I tried them early and the database of my 25year + carreer did not transfer correctly from LTP, contacted them several times.
A year later I bought the lifetime version, tried several times to get them to convert the database correctly, which they could never get done correctly, missing something like 10.000 hours..... and in LTP it is working flawlessly. Don't offer database conversion if you can't get it to work.

I decided to just use the totals and start new in MCC.

The functionality is nowhere close to LTP, but with the reasonable lifetime promise/price it was ok...until they came out with crewlounge which is really garbage, the initials did not work at all, and then we are not even talking about the lifetime broken promise.

All in all it lacks any meaningful functionality and is substandard.

As a software company you know what quality you put out, it really sucked. In that case just stopping support on lifetime purchases and trying to force you in to a new non-functioning piece of software in my book amounts to extortion.

What they should have done is transfer all existing customers with lifetime licences free of charge or a minor addition and extend the lifetime to the existing customer and then try to fix it with the help of your customers.
New costumers you can then charge at the new pricing, that way you build confidence and expand your business.

They c..ked it up and are now paying the price for it and this has nothing to do with free software, I already payed for it anyway for a lifetime, If you don't plan on honoring it, don't offer it.

There appears only one greedy party here and it certainly isn't me...

ps. all pliots that I know who where using MCC dumped it and moved to something more robust and more importantly, more trustworthy.
Sorry that you had issues, I didn't. I had in the range of 9000hrs transferred at that time (Ok less than you)

If that makes me looks stupid, your call :confused:

terra_nullius
30th Jul 2020, 08:51
Sorry that you had issues, I didn't. I had in the range of 9000hrs transferred at that time (Ok less than you)

If that makes me looks stupid, your call :confused:

It wasn't the amount of hours... but this one:

Besides that you are about the only one not having issues with MCC/Crew Lounge in a 236 reply topic...might take that into consideration next time you post something without verifying what someone did or did not update, in any case you did know as you replied to my initial posting last year. It appears highly likely you are somehow affiliated with MCC, hence the "I have no issue" lone ranger...

Like I said earlier, this business is too small for quacks like MCC, natural selection will prevail.

ehwatezedoing
30th Jul 2020, 11:24
Wrong, I'm not affiliated with them.

Just that back in the day they were the only one who somehow managed to save and transfer my old e-logbook. One that I couldn't even open anymore!
Saving me of a lot of trouble.... So I pay them back this way, and it is true that so far I have no problem (must be super lucky I guess)
Also, yes MCC/Crew Lounge is getting too complicated by trying to please everybody's requests, it could eventually bite them.

This being said, you have to admit that people will be wayyyy more prone to post complaints about something they don't like or have trouble with than the other way around.

josephfeatherweight
31st Jul 2020, 19:20
Yeah, but how many complaints have you seen about LogTen?
(Maybe other than the price...)
Having switched to LogTen when MCC pulled the subscription switcheroo and it didn’t work anyway, I have ZERO issues with LogTen and simply love the ease of its interface. Not cheap, but works flawlessly.

seven3
21st Nov 2020, 13:06
Hello there !

I wanted to give you all an update to this electronic logbook topic.

Personally I did the upgrade to CrewLounge PILOTLOG two days ago and it is working perfectly :)

My MacBook Air started to become a bit old (from Late 2010) and wanted to upgrade it. As well as the macOS system, so I couldn’t use MCCPilotLOG anymore.

I was a MCCPilotLOG user since October 2015 and bought a lifetime licence for about 80€ if I remember correctly. So I paid them approx 1.3€ per month over 5 years.

I was evaluating the other options (from LogTenPro which has a nice UI, to some small others). But finally I didn’t wanted the pain of transferring a database to another soft but I was also looking about price.

The process to transfert from MCCPilotLOG to CrewLounge PILOTLOG was smooth as explained in the tutorial.
Of course I paid again a lifetime version for a software which is a bit improved as before, but at least I will have updates with the new systems and still I am seeing this as an gift for them to be able to improve the software even more.
Yes over 3 years I paid about double of what I paid the last 5 years, but I’m happy that they are still developing it.

Well thanks for reading me, and if Pat is reading this forum, I would like to thank his team also to make this Grandfathering program possible (even a year after discontinuation) as well as the smooth transfert to the new app !

have a great weekend in theses complicated times!

seven3

Booglebox
27th Nov 2020, 19:51
I used Dauntless Safelog for a few years. Not bad, bit clunky but some good features.
Recently switched to Foreflight. Much simpler.

Pilotman14
20th Dec 2020, 23:03
I use My Pilot Log. A new one and has both apps and web version. Also really cheap.
https://www.mypilotlog.co.uk

Airbrake
16th Jan 2021, 09:34
Buyer Beware

Like many others I bought a “Lifetime” subscription for MCC PILOT LOG. After less than 4 years of imports the programme is now completely useless and I am unable to download or import any past or future flights. The lifetime subscription was a complete scam and there will be other users whose “lifetime” subscription was significantly shorter than mine.

MCC highlights that the “lifetime” subscription is for the license only. The only problem is that the license is now linked to a completely useless piece of logbook software. That is very sharp practice and I would consider it a scam. I and many others paid for a lifetime “license” subscription to a piece of software that the developer new they were eventually going to leave unsupported causing it to be become useless for the purpose it was bought.

I have attempted to resolve the issue with MCC Crew Connect and after several emails they finally admitted that MCC PILOT LOG was no longer able to download or import data. I now have a “lifetime” subscription to a useless piece of logbook software.

MCC help desk stated that I had “Grandfather rights” to their new software. This initially sounded promising but it quickly became apparent that these “Grandfather rights” required another upfront payment of 3 years subscriptions...... what a rip off!!

I would strongly advise anybody looking for a long term logbook program to do their home work and avoid Crew Connect/lounge.

If I hear anything else I will update you, but don’t hold your breath.

gatelli
16th Jan 2021, 10:56
why don't you use simply Airline FlightLog ? It's free ;)

Pilotman14
16th Jan 2021, 11:35
why don't you use simply Airline FlightLog ? It's free ;)

I have tried that one but personally for me it has way too much clutter and too many options haha

Track5milefinal
17th Jan 2021, 07:43
Excel pilot logbook does the trick, simple easy to use and one off payment.
Doesn't have the fancy bells and whistles of something like Logten Pro however but does the job

Banana Joe
17th Jan 2021, 09:06
For those lucky enough to be under a CAA that accept digital logbook but printed, is the electronic signature printed enough or are you required to sign every page by pen?

Central Scrutinizer
2nd Feb 2021, 11:05
For those lucky enough to be under a CAA that accept digital logbook but printed, is the electronic signature printed enough or are you required to sign every page by pen?

If you are referring to the UK CAA, you are required to sign every page unfortunately.
Each page must include a running total, and there must be a cover page stating your name also.

See here: https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/Pilot-licences/Applications/Documentation/Submitting-logbooks/

Banana Joe
2nd Feb 2021, 13:13
It's still unclear whether an electronic signature on the pdf once printed is valid. I guess signing it by paper would make sense. And just copies would suffice. Never sent my original logbook. Only copies.

RogueOne
2nd Feb 2021, 17:27
The CAA recently accepted an electronically signed PDF (at the bottom of every page) of my logbook for ATPL issue. It was also emailed to them.

Signing PDFs on a Mac is nice and easy using the annotate function in Preview.app.

LogTen Pro is my weapon of choice. Can't recommend it enough.