PDA

View Full Version : Ellen DeGeneres

SilsoeSid
19th Aug 2016, 21:10
Have I missed a thread on Ellen Lee DeGeneres?
I'd have thought that it might have made ideal Jet Blast material.

Lonewolf_50
19th Aug 2016, 21:38
There was a time when threads on the topic of just celebrities were deleted with dispatch, and I'd hope the same would be true again.

West Coast
19th Aug 2016, 22:02
As celebs go, she pretty benign to fairly acceptable. Start one on Rosy and you'll get the dogpile you're hoping for.

SilsoeSid
19th Aug 2016, 22:14
I'm just surprised that she lives within a couple of hundred metres of the shops :8

G-CPTN
19th Aug 2016, 22:21
I'm just surprised that she lives within a couple of hundred metres of the shops :8

:D . . . . .

Cazalet33
20th Aug 2016, 01:19
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/A277/production/_90819514_newtweet_976.jpg

tdracer
20th Aug 2016, 01:39
Caz, do you really believe Ellen had the lower right picture in mind when she tweeted that? Heck, I'd bet most Americans didn't even know that crap went on 200 years ago.
As for the upper right picture, give me a break - people have been giving "horsey" rides to children forever. If they were both white or both black no one would have looked twice.

Cazalet33
20th Aug 2016, 03:08
If they were both white or both black no one would have looked twice.

But she is white. And he is black.

People did look twice, and gasped at the crassness of the imagery of a white riding on the back of a black. It's an echo of American history which rankles.

tdracer
20th Aug 2016, 04:39
People did look twice, and gasped at the crassness of the imagery of a white riding on the back of a black. It's an echo of American history which rankles.
While I have to admit to taking a certain amusement watching liberals attack their own, I think DeGeneres is a decent person and I don't for a second think she's racist. I believe her intent was to give kudos to Bolt for a job well done in a typically joking Ellen manner (granted, I don't think it was a particularly good joke).
Unfortunately, too many dig deep to find offence in just about anything so they can scream "RACIST"!:ugh:
But she is white. And he is black.
Treating someone different due to race is the very definition of racism. As previously noted, people have been doing what's shown in the upper right photo for generations. It only became 'racist' because they are different colors, which is itself overtly racist.
Sorry Ellen, you deserve better.

West Coast
20th Aug 2016, 06:09
While I have to admit to taking a certain amusement watching liberals attack their own

Yes, PC police attacking anything that doesn't fit their narrative.

uffington sb
20th Aug 2016, 09:16
Perhaps she should have blacked up her face, then it would have been ok.:O

VP959
20th Aug 2016, 10:43
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/A277/production/_90819514_newtweet_976.jpg

This is just ridiculous, as this childhood game is probably hundreds of years old and the colour of the skin of any party simply shouldn't be an issue. As an example, here's an old family photo I've just found:

galdian
20th Aug 2016, 12:46
What I saw was a comedian making a joke about the fastest man in the world running her errands.

Somehow I missed the spurs, whip and chains that (apparently) was part of her attire (according to some apparently)! :eek:

I mean she's a smart girl - if she was setting out to denigrate males in general, maybe black males more specifically, I'm sure she would have done a far better job of it. :ok:

Back to your chardies and lattes those - who - must - find - offence - somewhere, anywhere. :ugh:

Slowly wankerism and PC is being reigned in - won't happen overnight...but it WILL happen! :D:D:D

TWT
20th Aug 2016, 13:08
tdracer,I agree.

What I see is a woman making a joke about hitching a ride to the shops on the back of the fastest human on earth.

If only some could just stop being 'offended' on behalf of others ! Pathetic.

Out Of Trim
20th Aug 2016, 15:41
Who is she? Never heard of her...

galaxy flyer
20th Aug 2016, 16:42
An unfunny woman famous mostly for being lesbian--such are these times when one can be famous and respected for something one has no control over.

GF

Out Of Trim
20th Aug 2016, 16:48
Thanks GF!

TURIN
20th Aug 2016, 18:24
An unfunny woman famous mostly for being lesbian--such are these times when one can be famous and respected for something one has no control over.

To be fair she was 'famous' long before she came out of the closet.
Some people find her funny, I don't happen to be one of them.

She has good taste though. Meet the wife...

http://cdn.quotationof.com/images/portia-de-rossi-1.jpg

richt_ret
20th Aug 2016, 19:14
So it's a lesbian riding a man! What's wrong with that?

20th Aug 2016, 21:18
People did look twice, and gasped at the crassness of the imagery of a white riding on the back of a black.
Yes, some sad people may have seen it as a white riding on the back of a black.
The majority however simply saw it for what it was and that was a woman riding on the back of a world famous runner.

evansb
20th Aug 2016, 21:36
Ellen DeGeneres is a TV chat show host, former stand-up comic, bad dancer, and is also famous for being one of the most successful real estate flippers in Hollywood. According to some sources, she has changed residences
10 times in as many years, all the while making billions of U.S. dollars. She made a $15 million profit on one flip alone. She also bought back a house she once lived in within 7 years of selling it, for a profit of course.

Yes, she is married to actress Portia de Rossi.

sitigeltfel
20th Aug 2016, 22:04
Yes, some sad people may have seen it as a white riding on the back of a black.
The majority however simply saw it for what it was and that was a woman riding on the back of a world famous runner.

The majority?

Would they be the same people who screamed blue murder to have this image censored...

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/fashion/daily/2016/08/03/03-hillary-swimsuit-mural.w245.h368.jpg

...while laughing at this....

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LDU9Z4n-yVOspsgZUtK-NRlO3kI=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6959819/jbareham_160818_1191_0046.0.jpg

DeGeneres is from a tribe who feel they are exempt from comment and criticism. They believe their status protects them and are supported by hypocrites and virtue signallers ever watchful for anything that upsets their precious sensitivities. They need to grow up, but it seems that something in their makeup has arrested any chance of further development. Meanwhile the irony of their stance, and continual whining, provides endless amusement and parody.

mickjoebill
20th Aug 2016, 22:07
Now that there is a silly outrage at that photo, she should release one where she is carrying him!

Mickjoebill

Axerock
20th Aug 2016, 22:29
No Mickjoebill! We cant have that.

People would still complain. Possible perpetuating the myth that the whites are always carrying the blacks.

How about a photo of both of them ignoring each other - but then there might be a problem with conveying some sort of humor.

20th Aug 2016, 23:17
419Yes, some sad people may have seen it as a white riding on the back of a black.

sitigeltfel
The majority?

Yes, the majority.
How many of the commenters on this forum have stated they consider the picture racist?
Take the Daily Mail for example. A "newspaper" that normally attracts outspoken people only too keen to jump on the outrage bus yet even on their website, just about all posters have stated that they don't consider it racist in any way, shape or form.
Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3743786/Ellen-DeGeneres-accused-racist-posting-Usain-Bolt-meme-showed-riding-back.html#reader-comments)

What on earth do the two images of Clinton and Trump have to do with racism?
Isn't it obvious that many Democrats would have wanted the picture of Clinton censored just as many republicans would have felt the same way over the statues of Trump.

SOPS
21st Aug 2016, 10:53
What is this need to be perpetually offended?

G-CPTN
21st Aug 2016, 10:57
What is this need to be perpetually offended?
It seems to be the basis of media 'publicity' - which sells newspapers and feeds online news.

racedo
21st Aug 2016, 14:03
Famous for talking to people .............................. says it all really.

If never seen the Photo I would have classified her as a non entity full of her own self importance, having seen the photo no change.

mickjoebill
21st Aug 2016, 17:41
Famous for talking to people .............................. says it all really.

But before that she was much less famous for being a stand up comedian.

Mickjoebill