PDA

View Full Version : Android address not appearing as I want

Rwy in Sight
18th Aug 2016, 23:18
I was trying to smart up the contacts on my android. Merge the duplicate, make sure first and family names are on the correct field so the list runs smoothly. I have asked the names to be sorted on family name but then under the contacts appear under first name - in the A list of family names Arthur comes before Jones who come before Tom.

However for a drink buddy with family name starting with K and first name B keeps coming under the list of B family names and not under the K ones. I have try to rewrite his name, put the other way around but it does not work. He still appears under B.

Also, some people appear instead of the names I typed with their name they have choosen for their email. For instance "happy flower" instead of 'Arthura Willian".

I know it is a first world problem, and I am not sure I express it correctly but any help will be most welcome.

Capn Bloggs
19th Aug 2016, 02:43
If they are Google Account contacts, have you checked Google Contacts (part of Gmail) to see if the contact's records are laid out correctly?

If you do have them in Gmail Contacts ie you have a gmail account, you could remove the Google account from your phone, then add it again. A new "load" might fix it.

Rwy in Sight
19th Aug 2016, 16:23
Useful advice indeed.. Thanks because it did drive me nuts suddenly. I went to the Gmail contacts on the laptop and it does have useful features (like eliminating double entries, and going to the basic entry form to put correctly last/first name) and it worked. For those interested there is an advanced function on the contacts page.

There are a couple of entries that still don't appear correctly but I am about to give it up and accept it. My sister's SO told me on his last three smart phones he has been unable to have properly display the contacts. So I think I am ahead.

Capn Bloggs
20th Aug 2016, 04:39
Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. GMail contacts have been good on my phones.