PDA

View Full Version : Anjem Choudary Charged

Lantern10
17th Aug 2016, 06:08
Can hardly put into words how happy I am by this news.:D

Radical cleric Anjem Choudary guilty of inviting IS support - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37098751)

One of the UK's most notorious radical clerics has been convicted of inviting others to support the so-called Islamic State, it can now be reported.
Police said Anjem Choudary, 49, had stayed "just within the law" for years, but was arrested in 2014 after pledging allegiance to the militant group.
Many people tried for serious terror offences were influenced by his lectures and speeches, police said.

Sentencing on Sept 6th. Really hope they throw the full 10 years at him.

Wingswinger
17th Aug 2016, 06:17
Is that all? Ten years? A guest of HMG at our expense? How many years has he been living on benefits?

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 06:48
Already here: http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/524062-peace-love-strikes-again-22.html#post9475641

rusty sparrow
17th Aug 2016, 06:50
According to The Telegraph Muslim preacher urges followers to claim 'Jihad Seeker's Allowance' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9875954/Muslim-preacher-urges-followers-to-claim-Jihad-Seekers-Allowance.html) he 'claims more than £25,000 a year in benefits'.

He needs to be muzzled in prison, where he will be seen as a hero by the Islamists. Camp Bucca risk Camp Bucca: The US prison that became the birthplace of Isis (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/camp-bucca-the-us-prison-that-became-the-birthplace-of-isis-9838905.html)

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 06:53
Do we want to merge the two threads now running on this?

Pontius Navigator
17th Aug 2016, 07:27
Can we change the title to CONVICTED

DirtyProp
17th Aug 2016, 08:52
Great news indeed, well done finally.

I am sure the "moderate muslims" will be quite happy as well.
Right?

Peter-RB
17th Aug 2016, 09:14
Brilliant to see and read this piece of Shite is getting some sort of comeuppance for all the vile and obnoxious words he has spoke against the British Army and the Allies who have been involved in trying to quell the IS/Talib problem.

Just a shame he cannot be found to be complicit in the murder of Gunner Rigby..

But I do feel he should be muzzled in Prison possibly be kept in solitary for his entire sentence...!! :ok:

Uncle Fred
17th Aug 2016, 09:17
Yes but just how long will Choudary really spend in chokey? A couple of years maybe in which he will probably have unfettered comms to continue to incite?

Any interruption to the benefits his brood enjoys?

I am all for it but just hope it throttles him back at least a little bit.

tony draper
17th Aug 2016, 09:53
Wonder how long we would have remained free standing on a corner bellowing anti islamic bile of a similar character? our feet would not have touched the ground,we would have been locked years ago.
:suspect:

onetrack
17th Aug 2016, 09:56
One can only hope a jailed member of the NF works him over in prison. :E

Tankertrashnav
17th Aug 2016, 10:15
Do we want to merge the two threads now running on this?

Please don't. This thread is about an evil individual whose trial and conviction were long overdue.

The other thread provides a home for many who wish to spout their thinly disguised Islamophobia which brackets all Muslims with vile examples like Choudary.

Yes Dirty Prop, moderate Muslims (no inverted commas) will be happy about this conviction. Why wouldn't they be?

Integrated
17th Aug 2016, 11:12
I'm a muslim, and I'm very happy this hate-filled egotist has been convicted. All I can say is that I don't think that for the hardship he's caused to many others directly, or indirectly, that 10 years is anywhere near enough.

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 11:39
He won't serve ten years, it will be more like 5 at the most, and as he'll probably be classified well down the offending scale he may well end up with the ability to radicalise as many young people inside prison as out. He will be allowed to practice his religion, and may well end up being an imam to the Muslim population of whatever prison he's held in. I've no doubt his many thousands of supporters will consider him a martyr to their cause and will actively recruit whilst he's locked up.

My guess is that he may, just possibly, get the maximum 10 year sentence, which means he will be out on the streets again in less than five years from now, as he will be released after serving half of his sentence, unless there is something in the sentencing guidelines for the offence he's been convicted of that allows a longer term spent actually in prison than has been reported in the media.

vctenderness
17th Aug 2016, 12:05
This piece of scum is not a cleric so why do the media keep calling him one? He is a qualified lawyer yet is able to live off benefits I heard his housing benefit is £1,300 per month why is that allowed?

He was defended in court under legal aide which seemingly has run to millions of pounds why?

The BBC treated him like some kind of wise expert and at one time he was almost constantly on TV/Radio.

HyFlyer
17th Aug 2016, 12:13
So we're all good then with the idea that a person expressing an opinion on a subject can be sent to prison for 10 years...?

I too think his opinions are odious, revolting drivel....but I do have a wee sense of worry over the concept that no matter how awful those opinions are that a) he should be gagged and b) imprisoned over them.

This isn't the way you win....against ideas! You win against bad ideas by making succinct and definitive better arguments. However you can't do that against religion as it isn't based on logic or rational analysis, just belief.

So you have to look further...and see what the attraction of such nutty religious views might be...and then attack those underlying factors. Otherwise, you'll just make martyrs and go on breeding the contempt and hatred that engenders the acceptance of nutty ideas in the first place....the ideas won't go away unless the breeding ground for them goes away. That is vested in a divided planet, State and corporate protectionism, poverty, power, politics......
What we are currently doing is fighting a greater immorality with a lessor one......maybe it's the best we can achieve?
You also can't expose winning ideas to an audience too stupid to understand them....that's also a hurdle to overcome. Education.

Geordie_Expat
17th Aug 2016, 12:19
HyFlyer

OK you keep thinking good thoughts, meanwhile the rest of us will rejoice that this thing is getting locked up.

sitigeltfel
17th Aug 2016, 12:26
There is a world of difference between, voicing an opinion, and exhorting followers to commit violence against others.

The only thing wrong with his conviction is that it has taken nearly twenty years to achieve it.

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 13:03
When we watered down the law of treason we went too far in my view. There is no question that this evil bastard has, as a British citizen, been inciting treason for years. Ignore the Islam bit for a moment and look at some of the things he has said quite openly about overthrowing democracy and imposing his warped view of a medieval system of law.

Having just read that he was arrested in 2014, this means that, if he gets the maximum 10 year sentence, and, assuming he has been remanded in custody since his arrest, he will be released from prison in 2019.........................

Hempy
17th Aug 2016, 13:14
VP, you are assuming that he'll survive that long. I have learned that the prison system tends to sort itself out...even hardcore murderers and thieves tend to have a bit of a compass. Child molesterers, sickos and terrorists don't tend to do so well in the big house.

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 13:30
The problem is that he's a very clever lawyer, and I am absolutely certain that he will find a way to ensure that his "rights" are protected whilst he's in prison.

It looks like he'll only serve another three years or so, and I've no doubt that he will be protected in prison because he will be seen as a target by many other inmates.

We haven't got rid of this malignancy, merely hidden it from public view for a few years. I am certain that he'll be back, preaching on the streets and recruiting more murderers before long, as our laws just seem unable to deal with clever, but evil, people like him.

Exrigger
17th Aug 2016, 13:42
I believe that our prisons, being the type of places that treat prisoners better than their victims or lower paid workers, will mean that this piece of scum and his pals will probably just carry on as before with a small amount of inconvenience, unless he is banned from using the IT/phones to keep in contact with his subordinates/supporters who will also keep up his work anyway and our police/security will more than likely do nothing much, having their hands tied by the leftie PC brigade etc as they do. The cheapest and best way to sort these people out is to return him and his ilk to the places they support and see how long they survive without tax payers money or comfy prison at our expense again.

Hempy
17th Aug 2016, 13:59
exrigger, please tell us all how you believe that this is a 'left vs right' debate.

Or are you just trying to score points by presenting yourself as the 'highbrow' element?

Have you come across any element from both sides of the political devide thus far that attacks the decision to put this person in prison?

I know that it must be hard for you to take, but I'd imagine that even the Pinkos wouldn't have a problem with this verdict.

What would you have done with him? Hanged from the nearest tree with a sign stating 'traitor to the Motherland' hanging around his neck?

meadowrun
17th Aug 2016, 13:59
I understand his wife is under investigation for doing similar recruitment through various women's get togethers, all at welfare's expense of course.

Hopefully someone in the judiciary will have the ability to send him to a remote prison where he will not be surrounded by followers. That would be trouble just waiting to happen. I'm pretty sure we have not heard the last of him.

Exrigger
17th Aug 2016, 14:19
Hempy, I don't really know where your comments have come from;
please tell us all how you believe that this is a 'left vs right' debate - I don't think I have stated or implied that this is a left v right debate, however if you believe that, then so be it.

Or are you just trying to score points by presenting yourself as the 'highbrow' element? - score points and presenting myself as the 'highbrow element', I am so far from understanding where my post would suggest me attempting something that I don't even understand the meaning off.

Have you come across any element from both sides of the political divide thus far that attacks the decision to put this person in prison? - I don't believe I have even mentioned that ANYONE has 'attacked the decision to jail him'

I know that it must be hard for you to take, but I'd imagine that even the Pinkos wouldn't have a problem with this verdict. - It is not hard to take in at all, I would think everyone will be happy he is being sorted out after 20 years, however if you read my post properly I was merely pointing out that jail these days is not really a deterrent and that he and his followers outside jail could carry on as before, with a little inconvenience.

What would you have done with him? Hanged from the nearest tree with a sign stating 'traitor to the Motherland' hanging around his neck? - No I think I stated quite clearly what I would prefer to happen to him and his ilk, however you don't appear to have read that bit of my post before you fired from the hip, however I am obviously out of touch these days, so better keep out of the big boys conversations in future.

Hempy
17th Aug 2016, 14:23
having their hands tied by the leftie PC brigade etc

If you really want me to quote your 'left vs right, who started it' argument? ok.

How are their 'hands tied' by the leftie, commie, pinkos?

VP959
17th Aug 2016, 14:29
The problem is that he isn't "being sorted out after 20 years" at all. He's getting what amounts to a slap on the wrist, as he'll spend around another three years or so in prison and then will be free.

Given that he was the person who radicalised a significant number of young men, almost certainly including some who have murdered for his cause, after following his teachings and incitement, I think he's getting off very lightly.

I also want to understand how such a clever and well-qualified person can remain on benefits for so many years, and encourage others to do so in order to get the funds to fight against our democracy. He even publicly joked that he was getting "jihad seekers allowance" to fund his lifestyle. Given that he always appeared very well (expensively, in my view) groomed and turned out, always seemed to have the latest smartphone, etc, etc, there has to be abuse of the benefits system going on somewhere, yet it seems no one has been able to make him work, or reduce his benefits?

Ancient Observer
17th Aug 2016, 14:45
I'm afraid it really is a left vs right debate. The left support the Palestinians. Not just the legal Palestinians, but the evil ones, too. The left hate Israel and the USA. They tend to associate Israel with Jewish people. That's why Corbyn's mates have so many problems with British Jews and why they come across as anti-Semitic. The witewash from the newly appointed Dame can't hide that.
Folk like Seamus Milne are not just left-ish, they are straightforward far left.
The far left regard anything done by the USA as evil. The USA's enemies are the far left's friends. So the far left love Iran. Loving Iran means that they cannot condemn Iran's rather nasty friends. So as long as Choudary doesn't pick up a gun and shoot someone, he's OK by the far left.
To understand some of the extremely daft places the far-left thinking takes them to , you have to attend some of their meetings. I stopped a very long time ago. They are, quite simply, completely detached from reality as I understand it. They are also determined to run the UK and any other country that lets them exist.

Exrigger
17th Aug 2016, 15:00
I was not going to bother replying, as you appear to take issue with what I post for some unfathomable reason, but thought I would try again to satisfy your curiosity reference my posts, hence this will be my last comment on the subject.
I still don’t understand how my quote implies a 'left vs right argument, you will be aware that politic correctness is the tool of the far left in politics, hence the leftie PC comment I made, however I never mentioned commo or pinkoes.

The police/security forces are very aware of the need to tread carefully, particularly when dealing with this type of issue, for fear of being disciplined or taken to court for racism/Islamophobia due to the political correctness culture we are now in, hence the comment that their hand are tied, does not mean that they cannot eventually get these people sorted, but this one has taken 20 years and is not the last we will hear about him even when he is jailed.

Like any forum we are entitled to post our thoughts that don't always align with others, and most people, especially myself, don't claim to be absolutely factually correct about everything they post, as it is only that persons views based on our own experience and thoughts, however if you feel the need to continue this discussion, I won't entertain you in that need.

Espada III
17th Aug 2016, 15:04
I could not agree more with AO. I am writing this sitting in the centre of Manchester whilst wearing a skullcap. I have suffered two incidents of antisemitism in 30 minutes. One, a kid on a bike pretending to sneeze 'ahhhhhh Jew' and a woman in a hijacked walked past and called out 'free Gaza'. All encouraged by sympathising lefties.

sitigeltfel
17th Aug 2016, 18:23
I could not agree more with AO. I am writing this sitting in the centre of Manchester whilst wearing a skullcap. I have suffered two incidents of antisemitism in 30 minutes. One, a kid on a bike pretending to sneeze 'ahhhhhh Jew' and a woman in a hijacked walked past and called out 'free Gaza'. All encouraged by sympathising lefties.

No coppers around to make a complaint to......or not worth the hassle?

Espada III
17th Aug 2016, 18:43
No Police around; had a meeting two minutes after the second incident, so too much hassle.

However, previously, when I have been able to identify a culprit (e.g. shouting abuse from a car with a personal number plate), I have rung the Police and genuine action has been taken. A kid on a bike - no chance; a woman who looks like she is a walking letterbox - also no chance.

The sad thing is the kid and his mates were white, so have no reason to dislike Jews. It simple ingrained antisemitism. They have probably never knowingly spoken to a Jew.

A further sad thing is that the meeting I was attending was to advise a Moslem client about a case he is fighting against another Moslem. Many sensible Moslems have no issue with Jews at all. Many say to me '...my father said to me I should always have Jewish accountant/lawyer/surveyor. They are honest....' The woman who called at me is a typical example of the radicalisation that Anjem Choudary created. The problem is that there are thousands of people like her in the UK. Go to any university (especially the ones with good vocational degrees like pharmacy and optics) and look at the student body. Huge numbers of men and women in traditional garb, spreading the radical word. The daughter of a friend is studying pharmacy in Aston. Four white girls, no white men, 60 Moslem students.

The left is rubbing its hands with glee. They have huge numbers of supporters because they share the ideology of anti-USA, anti-West, anti-Jew and anti-Israel. Our only hope is that one day, the white lefties will be the only ones left standing after the Moslems have taken over Europe and then, the Moslems will turn on their allies because the Moslems are also anti-gay and anti-anyone who does no believe in Allah. Suddenly the atheist lefties will be exposed. Only problem; none of here will be alive to witness it.

sitigeltfel
17th Aug 2016, 18:51
A friend with a holiday home here wears a necklace with the "Chai" symbol. She gets less hassle in this area than she does in her home area of Luton.

BTW, Manchester has 96 councillors.

95 are Labour with one aberrant Libdem!

goofer3
17th Aug 2016, 19:04
Last year [ sorry 2014],he asked for his passport back so that he could join IS. I asked my local MP to have a word with "Dave" and grant him his wish...........
Anjem Choudary wants to join Isis and asks for passport back | UK | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/532789/Anjem-Choudary-Isis-passport)

DirtyProp
17th Aug 2016, 19:59
exrigger, please tell us all how you believe that this is a 'left vs right' debate.

Or are you just trying to score points by presenting yourself as the 'highbrow' element?

Have you come across any element from both sides of the political devide thus far that attacks the decision to put this person in prison?

I know that it must be hard for you to take, but I'd imagine that even the Pinkos wouldn't have a problem with this verdict.

What would you have done with him? Hanged from the nearest tree with a sign stating 'traitor to the Motherland' hanging around his neck?

According to this video:

Islam is Taking Over Sweden / Malmö Växande Muslimska Inflytandet
eXTDsde5vIU

the lefties and the muslims (even some violent ones) go hand in hand.
How surprising....

Fairdealfrank
17th Aug 2016, 22:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exrigger
having their hands tied by the leftie PC brigade etc

If you really want me to quote your 'left vs right, who started it' argument? ok.

How are their 'hands tied' by the leftie, commie, pinkos? They're not, its the European courts..........