PDA

View Full Version : Part NCO / CAT

Lowmick
12th Aug 2016, 14:18
Hi there,
we are running company with non complex aircraft management for private owners (btw some of them flying themselves, some of them using our crew). Until now we were operating under aerial works. I am trying to get into new CAT, NCO etc. stuff without success to figure out which box we should put ourselves in.
It is not CAT, as the owners flies privately. On the other side it is not NCO as we operate their a/c for some peanuts. It isn't commercial SPO too, because owners are not hanging on rope.
Is there something else in commercial category, but not CAT? In EASA definitions I can see mentioning differencies between "commercial operation" and "commercial air transport", but no advice what is needed only for commercial ops without CAT.
https://www.easa.europa.eu/the-agency/faqs/regulations#category-definitions

Thanks for any advice

CL300
12th Aug 2016, 18:31
NCC by the number of employees imho...

mykul10
9th Jan 2017, 10:16
Hi there,
we are running company with non complex aircraft management for private owners (btw some of them flying themselves, some of them using our crew). Until now we were operating under aerial works. I am trying to get into new CAT, NCO etc. stuff without success to figure out which box we should put ourselves in.
It is not CAT, as the owners flies privately. On the other side it is not NCO as we operate their a/c for some peanuts. It isn't commercial SPO too, because owners are not hanging on rope.
Is there something else in commercial category, but not CAT? In EASA definitions I can see mentioning differencies between "commercial operation" and "commercial air transport", but no advice what is needed only for commercial ops without CAT.
https://www.easa.europa.eu/the-agency/faqs/regulations#category-definitions

Thanks for any advice

Not sure if this helps, but flight instruction, which used to be aerial work now comes under NCO, although it is commercial! So if you were working under aerial work, you would now go to NCO or NCC depending on whether or not you are operating complex aircraft. (Complex meaning jet/2 or more turbo props/multi-crew/above 5700kgs etc, rather than VP/retractable)

I'm trying to find out if CPL/IR training which used to be considered as pseudo Public Transport should work under CAT (ie simulated public transport) or NCO.

Just for a giggle, this extract from somewhere in Air Operations makes things nice and clear...

"The term ‘other-than-complex motor-powered aircraft’ is used synonymously with the terms ‘other- than complex motor-powered aircraft’ and ‘other than complex motor-powered aircraft’. Whenever one of these terms is used, it includes also non-motor-powered aircraft such as sailplanes and balloons."

Just to clarify my clarification, it may be that, although multi-engine turbo props are actually considered to be complex aircraft, they do not actually come under NCC, but have been relegated to NCO!?