PDA

View Full Version : Best Bush company in Botswana?

hatton
9th Aug 2016, 19:08
Any views on best bush company to work for in Botswana I.e Mack Air, Wilderness et al

ChickenHouse
10th Aug 2016, 09:45
Define "best". They all have to make money and they all have their special culture.

hatton
10th Aug 2016, 10:42
I mean best company to gain flying experience with in terms of training.

ChickenHouse
10th Aug 2016, 11:27
Training ??? Are we both talking same commercial ops bush flying? It is not home at mom, you have to figure out yourself. Just kidding! - kind of.

When I was in Maun, it was pretty easy. When you were just looking to collect commercial hours in 182 or 206, it didn't matter. The selection process, and because everybody was talking to each other, was such that you had to pick what was offered to you. If you planned to go turbine, the only choice was Wilderness, but that also meant to probably spend some time at some of the others, because everybody wanted to go there. I lost contact to the Botswana fellows, so in case you have to see whether somebody else operates Caravans there today.

hatton
10th Aug 2016, 11:43
Mack Air, Safari and Major Blue all operate the Cessna 208. The companies who don't are Delta Air, Moremi Air and Air Shakawe. I think Kavango used to have Caravan but now don't. Wilderness Air have five caravan's I think.

Band a Lot
13th Aug 2016, 08:40
Hatton there are a lot of Cessna 208's in Maun, long time since I was there but the line to get onto one also very long.

Getting a job in Maun now has also changed since I was there, many more locals than the handful when I was there have CPL.

That said if Stuart still has anything to do with Mack Air, would be my pref job, he was head and shoulders above when I was there.