PDA

View Full Version : Monarch 757 loses flap at MAN?

jmc757
1st Jul 2002, 17:37
This is a post posted today at 17:28 on airliners.net:

"From a LGW mailing list:

"Monarch 5620 inbound now at 10.35 from MAN has just been told by director that it could have a flap missing.
The flap has been found at MAN and they have narrowed it down to 4 aircraft that it could have come from."
Seems like there wasnt much of a problem and the aircraft landed safely.

BA777"

Link To Post (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/864975/)

Anybody know more?

jmc757:rolleyes:

HOVIS
1st Jul 2002, 22:21
HEARD THIS ON THE COMPANY FREQ THIS PM BUT IT WAS A "PANEL" NOT A FLAP THAT WAS REPORTED MISSING.

Hippy
2nd Jul 2002, 02:34
Was working Lon Mil when LACC requested assistance after a report of a panel possibly falling off a JMC B757 recently departed MAN. An Empire Test Pilot School BAe Hawk was located airbourne West of Boscombe Down and both aircraft transferred to our frequency. A succesful join was executed North of BHD and full external inspection carried out at FL330. Nothing abnormal observed, the B757 was transferred back to LACC and continued on to Madeira(?).

Made a pleasant change to vectoring GR7s onto VC10s :D
Glad to hear nothing serious resulted from the loss of the panel to whichever aircraft it was.

Hippy.

HOVIS
2nd Jul 2002, 17:50
Saw a couple of Monarch engineers furcling under the wing of an A321 this morning. I couldn't help noticeing a panel missing just forward of the o/b t/e flaps.
Could have been coincidence, or a routine check, or just to see if any fasteners were damaged as a precaution.

Anyone know if this a/c was linked? Didn't get the reg, not my bag that!!:)

JAFCon
2nd Jul 2002, 20:26
HOVIS

Please give us a clue where you were when you saw the Monarch Engineers ?:confused: :confused:

HOVIS
2nd Jul 2002, 21:01
Sorry chief, forgot to say.

Stand 26, Charlie Pier; Manchester.:D

JAFCon
3rd Jul 2002, 17:43
Sorry can't help work at Luton, I'll ask around next time I'm at work. :)