PDA

View Full Version : reporting time question

RMC
8th Aug 2016, 22:07
Hi all,

Please can anyone tell me where it is written what is the maximum time it can take travelling from home to my home base.

I live just south of Oxford and google maps states no traffic 1:25 to my Gatwick base?

Because of traffic delaying my report my management say I have to move.

I thought it was an hour and a half?

Thanks in advance.

vctenderness
9th Aug 2016, 08:27
Off hand don't know the answers to your question. However in my time with BA we had numerous crew living as far afield as Australia, South Africa, North America and just about everywhere in Europe!

So Oxford would probably be ok.

Chesty Morgan
9th Aug 2016, 08:39
GM1 CS FTL.1.200 Home Base

TRAVELLING TIME

Crew members should consider making arrangements for temporary accommodation closer to their home base if the travelling time from their residence to their home base usually exceeds 90 minutes.

https://www.eurocockpit.be/sites/default/files/combined_easa_ftl_regulations_ukcaa_2014_0218.pdf

Wageslave
15th Aug 2016, 14:36
An interesting point might arise where commuting time was within limits when you joined but due to traffic increases or changes to road systems it becomes excessive. Can they force a move under those circumstances?

Even so I struggle to believe it is possible to safely work an EJ roster with 90 minutes clear road travelling time even if the car park is right next to the crewroom rather than a half hour bus ride away. By any sensible measure Oxford to Gatwick is surely far too far for safe, fatigue free commuting.

Tallguy
17th Aug 2016, 09:31
I did the reverse for about 4 years, LGW neck of the woods to Oxford, on a motorbike most days and even then it was rarely 90 minutes or less, that journey and specifically the M25 I am afraid will break you if you have to do it on a regular basis, it seems it no longer matters what time of day or night it is the M25 will be queueing somewhere between J16 and J7, and it is very rarely a stress free trip. In a car I would allow approx 2 hours plus depending on where in Oxford you are based.