PDA

View Full Version : Strapon conundrum

skyflash
1st Jul 2002, 17:17
Alright chaps,
thats seems to be the best way to greet you pilot types, im sorry but its another OASC type question.
With relation to new kit, stapped on to current aircraft, ive got all the standard stuff on the Tornado GR4 MLU etc but what im really after for much-o brownie point-o at Cranwell is, whats bolted on when it gets out to its opeational theatres? ie When the GR4 went out to Iraq etc whats been added to it to help it adapt to its environment?
Im trying to get different information from the standard "StormShadow" new kit answer.

also any handy hints on Group planning exercises would be good. If only so that i dont make the same mistake as i did last time of thinking a "sherpa" was a type of truck.

Thanks for your time gents

- doesnt just have to be about the GR4- all types welcome - except for the sea king. Its stupid and a bit to yellow.
:eek:

canberra
1st Jul 2002, 17:26
so the seaking (is it sea-king sea king or seaking?) is a bit stupid and yellow is it? well i hope your never sitting in the north sea in a dinghy waiting for one to pick you up!

DuckDogers
1st Jul 2002, 17:39
Grow up, experience life and then come back when you respect those who do what you do not.

Perhaps if your sail boat sank you MIGHT APPRECIATE the boys and girls who fly those Sea Kings!

Archimedes
1st Jul 2002, 18:17
So you're asking, via a public forum, for details of what sort of kit may or may not be fitted to a GR 4 when it heads off for ops in close proximity to Uncle Saddam's IADS (I don't think that's too strong a term for it, although I'll stand corrected)? The sort of info that can't be found in the public domain? If so, I'm sure that'll go down jolly well - 'and how exactly did you obtain that information, Mr Flash?'...

I only ask on the grounds that you suggest that you've searched all the public domain sources and found nothing interesting or relevant (although perhaps you should look again - there is material on mods to the GR 1 that have made it into print). The same is true about the Jaguar (over to you, Jacko...) and the Harrier if you look. Try things like Air Forces Monthly, etc.

With respect, if it doesn't make it into print, you don't really need to know.

And why, pray, is the Sea King stupid and too yellow? And what about the grey ones? Do you take the view that those have a higher IQ?

Either way, as the other posts have said - given what the Sea King chaps and chapesses do, you perhaps need to re-evaluate your take on this to avoid coming across as a complete twit [spelling one vowel out there, methinks].

PPRuNe Pop
1st Jul 2002, 18:53
Give me strength! skyflash if you have nothing better to do than to ask stupid questions from the intelligent on this particular this forum, and you also THINK they will answer you - you have to be either very young and innocent or of another ilk that is not welcome here.

All that needs to be said has been said. I will now close the thread with the relief of many I expect.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]