PDA

View Full Version : Florida flight schools (Florida Flyers/Wayman)

L.A.
5th Aug 2016, 13:06
Hello, does anybody have relevant/recent experiences with these flight schools, eventually recommendation for another school for international students on Florida? Thank you very much.

Alex Whittingham
5th Aug 2016, 15:54
Could you specify what licence you are after, please?

Booglebox
6th Aug 2016, 19:26
I can recommend Treasure Coast Flight Training at KSUA

L.A.
7th Aug 2016, 06:53
Could you specify what licence you are after, please?

I'm about to start from zero and I'd like to get frozen atp at the end.

Transsonic2000
7th Aug 2016, 17:38
Well, there is no such thing like a "frozen ATPL" in the US (FAA system) that's more a European (EASA) thing. Which basically means, that one has passed the EASA ATP theory exams and holds a CPL/IR. Upon reaching 1500 hr (ATP requirements) the ATPL is active.

There are flight schools in the US which offer training according to both syllabus, FAA (US) and EASA (EU) both can be done at the same time, or combined with each other, if one desires to do so. In the end the candidate will be issued two independent licenses (FAA and EASA), which in my opinion is a smart way to do.

L.A.
9th Aug 2016, 14:19
Well, there is no such thing like a "frozen ATPL" in the US (FAA system) that's more a European (EASA) thing. Which basically means, that one has passed the EASA ATP theory exams and holds a CPL/IR. Upon reaching 1500 hr (ATP requirements) the ATPL is active.

There are flight schools in the US which offer training according to both syllabus, FAA (US) and EASA (EU) both can be done at the same time, or combined with each other, if one desires to do so. In the end the candidate will be issued two independent licenses (FAA and EASA), which in my opinion is a smart way to do.
Thank you for making it clear for me. I researched further and hopefully learned about the differences:) The combination seems to be a great way to go.

L.A.
9th Aug 2016, 14:33
I can recommend Treasure Coast Flight Training at KSUA
Thank you for the recommendation, everything about them look very good indeed!