PDA

View Full Version : Don't read the wrong book during a flight!

Phoenix1969
4th Aug 2016, 14:17
Doncaster Airport police quiz bride over Syrian arts book - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36973452)

Not sure I'd be 100% happy with the flight crew for dobbing me in like that - winner of the 'only doing my job' awards?

PAXboy
4th Aug 2016, 16:55
My guess is that even the most basic lesson taught to would be hijackers is: don't draw attention to yoursel. The fact of openly reading such a book, makes it less likely that they mean harm.

ExXB
4th Aug 2016, 17:00
Can anyone recall a hijacker, or other black hat, drawing attention to themselves before doing their dastardly deed?

PAXboy
4th Aug 2016, 21:14
This action now being excoriated by govt and media.

bluesafari
5th Aug 2016, 10:30
excoriated ? that's a very interesting word ! But it appears not by the airline involved.

Basil
5th Aug 2016, 14:07
Well, if we didn't have Islamic murderers, law abiding Muslims wouldn't have to put up with this.
Don't blame the airline, lady, blame your own nutters.

Shack37
5th Aug 2016, 14:37
Well, if we didn't have Islamic murderers, law abiding Muslims wouldn't have to put up with this.
Don't blame the airline, lady, blame your own nutters.

A Little OTT I think. Like we donīt have murderers from Christian and many other so called faiths. Maybe Salvation Army members should be looked at more closely.:confused:
She was reading a book on art FFS.

DaveReidUK
5th Aug 2016, 15:20
Can anyone recall a hijacker, or other black hat, drawing attention to themselves before doing their dastardly deed?

Ah, but it could have been a double bluff ...

alserire
5th Aug 2016, 16:09
Wow. Basil definitely voted for Brexit I reckon.

She was profiled horribly by some very ignorant people. Desperate stuff.

Basil
5th Aug 2016, 18:31
Basil definitely voted for Brexit I reckon.
You are exceedingly perceptive; almost clairvoyant ;)

Muslims are murdering Christians and 'the wrong sort of Muslim' all over the World.
Hardly surprising if WE adopt a bit of an attitude.
Not long since an Irish accent in the London Underground attracted attention, eh?

Basil
5th Aug 2016, 18:33
Like we donīt have murderers from Christian and many other so called faiths.
You are correct; we don't.
Not murdering wholesale in the name of The Caliphate.

S.o.S.
5th Aug 2016, 22:22
I think we've covered this subject. Do continue in JetBlast.