PDA

View Full Version : Forces Help to Buy recent stats.

Al R
3rd Aug 2016, 06:33
Looks like ten a day or so are going through, RAF and RN taking as much combined as Army, slightly above real world weighting, and fractionally more more payments, pro rata, going to commissioned officers. All in all then, working as advertised. More applicants needed generally, and maybe the army could publicise it a little more. Unless everyone's waiting to see what the housing market and mortgage rates might do..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/538802/Forces_Help_To_Buy_Scheme_Statistics_June_16.pdf

enginesuck
3rd Aug 2016, 06:48
I used the unofficial help to buy in 2012, pretty good scheme, they gave me 85k to leave and a good resettlement scheme which got me a job paying 3 times my military Salary. Love the new house ;)

Just This Once...
3rd Aug 2016, 07:36
I've just applied for the 'help to leave scheme'. Probably under £85k though.

DarkSide24
3rd Aug 2016, 09:20
I have recently benefited from the FHTB scheme. RN are entitled to this once 'on the trained strength', which the scheme classes as on pass out from BRNC. For the RAF, however, this is classed as on completion of Phase 2 training.

This means that trainee RAF aircrew, who have six years in service and are not yet front line qualified due to SDSR 2010 delays, are not entitled to the grant. However, RN trainee aircrew, whose careers have been essentially identical, are entitled. Add to that the entitlement to the grant of branches with much shorter Phase 2 elements, it seems a little unfair for brethren in the light blue.

Harley Quinn
3rd Aug 2016, 11:08
This means that trainee RAF aircrew, who have six years in service and are not yet front line qualified due to SDSR 2010 delays, are not entitled to the grant. However, RN trainee aircrew, whose careers have been essentially identical, are entitled. Add to that the entitlement to the grant of branches with much shorter Phase 2 elements, it seems a little unfair for brethren in the light blue.

Look at it as an incentive not to get chopped.

Seriously, given their much higher earning potential and single type bases do the guys need it more than non flying types who may necessarily be assigned to many different stations these days?