PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical at 16?

Pilot16
1st Jul 2002, 11:55
Hi,

I have booked a Class 2 medical for this Wednesday.
I am 16 years old. My plan was to take the class 1 medical now and see if I can pass it and than do the PPL.
Because I have Asthma, (I get attacks after strong exercise) and a lazy right eye I thought it would be wise to get a Class 1 now so I can be certain I can persue on this career before emarking on the PPL.

But on the CAA site, it states on the FAQ section that for a Class 1 medical, you have to be atleast at the age of 17. Even when I seem to be getting conflicting info from ppruners here (I was advised to take the class 1 now) I still booked a Class 2 checkup because of what is stated on the CAA site.

So can anyone please make sure for me that it is absolute NOT possible for me to go for a Class 1.

Thankyou.

jonathang
1st Jul 2002, 13:34
Not sure about the age, but if thats what the CAA say usually right.

I would go as soon as possible like other have said.

Lifted load of my back.

I used to suffer from Asthma and looked into it. Seems to be ok if you have it under control.

Also suffer from a lazy eye. Doc at the CAA said that there is a possibility of Double Vision in the future which would need to be corrected by Glasses but will not cause any problems just need to look out for it.

JonathanG