PDA

View Full Version : Looking to the future!

Biz
11th Feb 2002, 15:05
Hello ladies and gents.

I'm in a position where I am looking at life after gaining a (f)ATPL. . .I am supposing the worst and am budgeting for the scenario where I will not be in an aircraft for the 18 months after completing the ATPL.

Was just wondering,. . (a) the requirements for keeping an ATPL current? and,. . (b) any rough estimates on how much I should budget for those 18months for maintaing currency?

Have done a search which didn't really help, so would be very interested, as I am sure would many others, in your responses.

Many thanks!

few@two
11th Feb 2002, 18:47
I am in that current position and have been so for nearly 10 months.

A) There is no requirement to keep the (F) ATPL current, just your ME rating if you have one. The IR can lapse and you have 5 years without having to retake the ATPL exams (although I would say its not a wise decision) there is no set hours requirement on a yearly basis.

The IR expires after one year, and this means unless renewed you are unable to fly IFR, until it is renewed.

B) Therefore the budget I would say is up to you, how much you want to fly, where and what on. Check various flying club websites, but if you want to keep current for yourself budget at least £120 per month!

regards few