PDA

View Full Version : Training Records

ASHTAM
28th Jul 2016, 06:43
Hello
I did my training with Cabair, (which a few years back went into administration) i am trying to hunt down my training records. Has anybody had a similar problem in trying to get hold of their training records before? any help would be gratefully received.

BillieBob
28th Jul 2016, 06:55
Try the CAA ([email protected]). They should receive the training records from a failed ATO.

ASHTAM
28th Jul 2016, 07:08
thanks very much BillieBob

ASHTAM
29th Jul 2016, 08:38
what exactly does a training record information hold, someone told me it is the hours you do similar to what is in your logbook, but signed off by the CFI

parkfell
30th Jul 2016, 18:21
Training records are likely to contain a narrative by the instructor of the exercises and your performance.
Additionally, there may be notes made in relation to future exercises.

Running totals for total hours, broken down into relevant sections.

So records are important, and they are in essence a legal document of the training. In the event of an accident, they will be scrutinised by the relevant authorities.
It is important that appropriate guidance is given to junior instructors as to best practice in composing reports.
You don't want your words to comeback and haunt you.

Many years ago, an instructor wrote "if you keep doing that, you will kill yourself" or words to that effect. The student got a copy of every report.

Unfortunately this loose canon of a student did exactly that: killed himself whilst flying solo.

It was more of a warning, than looking into his crystal ball.
At the subsequent Inquest, the legal eagles who did not understand aviation, latched onto this as if it could be foreseen with certainty that the student would be killed.

Moral the story: be very careful what you write.