PDA

View Full Version : Making the news out of nothing

NutLoose
27th Jul 2016, 12:34
Shock horror...
Prince William and her indoors flew on holiday in a 8 million Cessna jet they do not own.

Kate Middleton flies to France for holiday on 8million private jet | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3709890/Kate-flies-France-holiday-8million-private-jet-George-Charlotte-believed-accompanied-Duchess-Cambridge-trip-visit-relatives.html)

Still one supposes it still sounds better than saying they flew there on a 37 million pound 737 aircraft, again not owned by them, but by Ryan Air or Queasy jet

How much is a shiny new Boeing 737 worth? Not $72 million - Boeing and Aerospace News (http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/2009/07/01/how-much-is-a-shiny-new-boeing-737-worth-not-72-million/)

meadowrun
27th Jul 2016, 12:49
Small potatoes compared to the Kardashian Whos and Kanye Lookatme who produce the opposite of news.

Cazalet33
27th Jul 2016, 13:06
Considering that the owner is worth something of the order of three quarters of a Trillion Pounds, I'd say a Cessna Citation is pretty damn modest.

Much less ostentatious than a nurse driving a Mini Cooper, in relative terms.

Lonewolf_50
27th Jul 2016, 13:13
That's like my son in law lending his pick up truck to a friend to move some furniture. Friends do things for friends.

G-CPTN
27th Jul 2016, 13:15
Is it considered safe for the entire future of the British monarchy to be travelling together?

In the event of a fatal crash, it would leave the ginger one in line (and I don't mean Sarah).

Cazalet33
27th Jul 2016, 13:43
Is it considered safe for the entire future of the British monarchy to be travelling together?

No. That's why they don't.

The sister of the inestimable arse is an easily replaceable vessel.

The future king is Wingnut. He never travels by air with Momma. He wasn't on the Cessna.

̶H̶e̶w̶e̶t̶t̶ Ginger wasn't either.

Neither was the nation's Willy.

No threat to the descent of the German genes there then.

lomapaseo
27th Jul 2016, 15:02
No. That's why they don't.

The sister of the inestimable arse is an easily replaceable vessel.

The future king is Wingnut. He never travels by air with Momma. He wasn't on the Cessna.

̶H̶e̶w̶e̶t̶t̶ Ginger wasn't either.

Neither was the nation's Willy.

No threat to the descent of the German genes there then.

don't you all have a backup like a speaker of the house of Parliament?

Effluent Man
27th Jul 2016, 15:06
I prefer ginge to all of them.

ExXB
27th Jul 2016, 16:42
Why do British People read the Daily Mail (or its web-site)? It's not even British, nor does it pay British taxes (nor does its non-dom owner).

Cazalet33
27th Jul 2016, 16:46
don't you all have a backup like a speaker of the house of Parliament?

We've got an entire German tribe of backups. There's fekkin hundreds of the blighters. And that's just the ones we know about.

As a result of four hundred years of inbreeding there are also many that we do not get to hear about. Scattered around the country mansions of England there are unfortunate souls tucked away in a remote room of some side or rear wing of the big house. Not only on the German mainstream bloodline either. The Bowes-Lyon family, which has been inbreeding for more like a thousand years, has a number of such unfortunates.

lomapaseo
27th Jul 2016, 19:03
We've got an entire German tribe of backups. There's fekkin hundreds of the blighters. And that's just the ones we know about.

As a result of four hundred years of inbreeding there are also many that we do not get to hear about. Scattered around the country mansions of England there are unfortunate souls tucked away in a remote room of some side or rear wing of the big house. Not only on the German mainstream bloodline either. The Bowes-Lyon family, which has been inbreeding for more like a thousand years, has a number of such unfortunates.

With this DNA stuff you should be able to go back to Richard the Third and match his DNA with the closest ones on file with Ancestry dot

That way I might get back in the running :)

Cazalet33
27th Jul 2016, 20:07
Anyone who can trace a vertical lineage back to Ricky3 is massively more British than any of that German crowd.

The best they do is to trace somewhat indirectly to a German geezer, both of whose parents were German, who called himself by his Anglicised name of George (the first).

The modern German lot have a miniscule British content in their DNA. Even more miniscule when you look for English DNA. Their Stuart ancestors brought a bucket of Jockanese chromosomes into the mix, but of Englishness there is not a lot.

Fairdealfrank
27th Jul 2016, 20:58
Making the news out of nothing
Shock horror...This is why it's called the "silly season"

lomapaseo
28th Jul 2016, 00:39
Anyone who can trace a vertical lineage back to Ricky3 is massively more British than any of that German crowd.

I just got an update E-mail today about my DNA sample.

It says they're still working on it

(something about a God particle is giving them problems)

oldpax
28th Jul 2016, 01:06
My family on granmas side are descended from Edward the first,does that make me eligible for Buck house?

ExXB
28th Jul 2016, 05:17
I share the Surname of one of the early Henrys, that puts me next in line I think. Well except for my older brother, that is. Oh and our even older Sister too.

clareprop
28th Jul 2016, 07:53
Why do British People read the Daily Mail (or its web-site)? It's not even British, nor does it pay British taxes (nor does its non-dom owner).

It keeps me current with what the morons are doing.
Latest status: Nothing to fear.

andytug
28th Jul 2016, 08:25
It keeps me current with what the morons are doing.
Latest status: Nothing to fear.
It amazes me that people can't see the blatant hypocrisy of the DM, being all "moralistic" with the headlines and then a whole sidebar full of "celebs" in varying states of undress with "phwoaar, look at the body on that" bylines!

gruntie
28th Jul 2016, 08:27
Isn't the current succession all bolleaux anyway? Some years ago it was more or less proven that Edward IV had either an extremely long gestation, or he wasn't the son of his father - something that his mother apparently admitted to? In which case the rightful King of England has the surname of Plantagenet and is currently working at an agricultural research station in Australia. ISTR Baldrick did a prog on the telly about it.

Tankertrashnav
28th Jul 2016, 10:19
I once sold a pair of field glasses to the Duke of Westminster (the owner of the Citation referred to in the article). They had belonged to an ancestor of his who had used them in the Boer War.

I had to depart from my usual business practice of payment with order and send the item for approval, with an invoice, but as he owns half of Mayfair I reckoned he wasn't going to welsh on a deal for 150, so I went ahead and took the risk.

He paid up!

Above The Clouds
28th Jul 2016, 10:59
I can tell you now the D of W's Cessna is worth a lot more than 8 million, its a Citation X, typical Daily wail never getting their facts right.