PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in New Zealand

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 08:54
Down here in the antipodes we were feeling left out until i read todays paper. Now i am satisfied to be outraged!

The town of Kaitaia has been labelled the murder capital of New Zealand. There has been another murder on Saturday morning at around 2:00am. This is the 10th murder in 7 years and the poor police are dismayed at the trend. Every 8 months or so they have to put down their crossword and sudoku's and go outside asking people 'was it you what done it?'

Great news that CSI Kaitaia was on the job and had the perp before the court on Saturday morning to be charged.

Now that NZ has cracked it with an event - can i ask for everyone to join in. Lets see how many countries we get involved. Can we fill the front page of Jetblast with moral outrage?

Hempy
26th Jul 2016, 09:05
Hhck0SLcA6I

MrSnuggles
26th Jul 2016, 09:43
Axerock

LOL-ing here. Sadly we're having problem with shootings in the suburbs of our three largest cities here in Sweden atm. Not every day, but often enough. It's a mixture of low-income, low-education areas. Many non-Swedes which of course makes it popular for anti-immigration forces to complain about. This started sadly in the 90's with the Balkan wars, many ex-Yugs came here and continued fighting. Sigh.

Hempy
26th Jul 2016, 09:57
wtf is happening in Tahiti?

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 10:05
Déchets laissés sur une plage de Papeari : la colère d?une riveraine (http://www.ladepeche.pf/dechets-laisses-plage-de-papeari-colere-dune-riveraine/)

Those horrible tourists leaving their garbage on the beach. If only everyone was carrying garbage.

Thank for pointing out this horrible issue

MrSnuggles
26th Jul 2016, 10:08
Seems like all #firstworldproblems has exported themselves to NZ and Tahiti. ;-)

Hempy
26th Jul 2016, 10:31
wtf is happening in Tonga?

Tonga's Prime Minister heading to New Zealand | NZNews | Newshub (http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/tongan-prime-minister-heading-to-new-zealand-2016072512#axzz4FVPIShRw)

vapilot2004
26th Jul 2016, 10:53
The town of Kaitaia has been labelled the murder capital of New Zealand. There has been another murder on Saturday morning at around 2:00am. This is the 10th murder in 7 years

I had to stop right there and think about that. Your lot is a peaceful lot, aren't they?

HeartyMeatballs
26th Jul 2016, 11:06
WTF is with all these 'WTF' posts?

Lonewolf_50
26th Jul 2016, 12:58
Hearty Meatballs: the term of art is "troll" as this is the internet.

Geordie_Expat
26th Jul 2016, 18:17
Even for JB, this whole thread is a bit pathetic. I only hope you all manage to have nothing to worry about for a long time.

BTW, I do have a sense of humour before anyone asks.

Hempy
26th Jul 2016, 19:17
wtf is happening in Aberdeen?

Fantome
27th Jul 2016, 00:13
I do have a sense of humour before anyone asks.

you're quite certain of that are you? Peter Ustinov was chatting with a surgeon friend of his one day. The doctor told Ustinov that the day before he had performed the smallest operation in all his life, which happened to be upon a well known British politician. "Oh" said Sir Peter . ."was it that you managed to locate some tiny bud of humour heavily diseased ?"

Freddie Trueman was recounting his experience of the many tours he did round the world with English test cricket teams. He had a mild rave about how wonderful the Fijians were as hosts. Then he said . .. "we went from there to New Zealand. But it was closed."

wtf is happening in Aberdeen?

well let me tell you SFA. . . . . (that is Aberdeen NSW, from where I live but a stone's throw away in the bush)

dat581
27th Jul 2016, 03:03
13 posts in a thread about NZ and no mention of sheep?

Captain Dart
27th Jul 2016, 03:44
Read a travel book once, themed on visits to the world's most boring places. A town in New Zealand was one of them. The author told the hotel receptionist that he was staying for three nights. The response was, 'Are you sure?'

Having said that, from what is going on in the rest of the world, 'boring' can be good these days.

Axerock
27th Jul 2016, 03:59
ummm. Post number 2?

Captain Dart
27th Jul 2016, 07:59
Can't read it, as the poster is on my 'ignore ' list.