PDA

View Full Version : Another Florida Nightclub shooting

sitigeltfel
25th Jul 2016, 09:49
Details still sketchy but two fatalities reported with numerous wounded...

https://www.rt.com/usa/353079-nightclub-florida-shooting-clubblu/

Children as young as 13 are believed to have been caught up in the horror after shooting broke out at around 1am local time

13/14 year olds, at one in the morning?

TWT
25th Jul 2016, 10:37
Club was open to all ages,no ID required.It was 'Swimsuit Glow' night.

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 13:51
As grandma used to say: nothing good happens after midnight, you should be home in bed, asleep.

FLCH
25th Jul 2016, 14:00
Grandma it appears never got post midnight nookie ! ;)

Cazalet33
25th Jul 2016, 14:55
Guns; children in nightclubs at one o'clock in the morning; idiocy.

It's a cultural thing. Americana.

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 15:19
Grandma it appears never got post midnight nookie ! ;) I suspect that if nookie was going to happen at all, she and grandpa got after it with dispatch rather than waiting around until after midnight -- they slept in separate beds. (Old school custom that has apparently gone the way of the plains buffalo).

Two's in
25th Jul 2016, 16:19
I hope people aren't getting unduly worried that this is some kind of terrorist act where innocent people get slain by armed lunatics with an agenda. This is just a weekend party in Florida where innocent people get slain by armed lunatics with an agenda.

It's a completely different thing and is hardly newsworthy.

mickjoebill
25th Jul 2016, 16:21
There was "armed security" at the club. The attack appears to have happened outside, pictures of shell casings on path (perhaps) as parents arrived to pickup kids.

CNN were well behind non US agencies in reporting the incident and US news junkies were surprised it wasn't even in a news ticker an hour after the event.

Many hours after the event, a description and motive of attacker/s is not yet forthcoming, despite police not searching for any other suspects.

So far this year there have been 1689 deaths/injuries shootings in the 12-17 age group.
So unless the shooter is shouting a political slogan whilst pulling the trigger a couple more teens killed a a few more injured isnt newsworthy.

The rolling news cycle conspires to normalise such regular events.

Mickjoebill

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 17:53
From the Reuters feed ... The nightclub said on its Facebook page that the shooting occurred when the venue was closing and parents were picking up their children.

"We tried to give the teens what we thought was a safe place to have a good time," the statement said, pointing out that armed security guards were posted inside and outside the club. "It was not kids at the party that did this despicable act."
Two teenagers killed in shooting at Florida nightclub | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-idUSKCN1050U0)

If the term "gang related" does not get attached to this crime within the next 48 hours, I'll be very surprised. That is what this looks like to me.

SASless
25th Jul 2016, 21:41
I hate to inject reason into what will only be a knee jerk emotional opportunity to completely ignore the facts surrounding this event...but before much gets said...let's check for common factors that usually apply to these things.

Ethnicity of Perpsand Victims and the Criminal records of all of them, their membership in drug or street gangs, and the use of drugs/alcohol ....then start your rants!

Details still sketchy but two fatalities reported with numerous wounded...

13/14 year olds, at one in the morning?

Cazalet33
25th Jul 2016, 21:55
let's check for common factors that usually apply to these things.

The ubiquitous availability of guns in a gun culture is right at the top of the list.

The usual racism from the white supremacists after the event is to be expected.

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 22:15
Caz:
Evidence in support of your second sentence? Didn't see anything in the rt or reuters feed that indicates such.

Cazalet33
25th Jul 2016, 22:21
Ethnicity of Perpsand Victims and the Criminal records of all of them, their membership in drug or street gangs, and the use of drugs/alcohol

Go figure.

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 22:22
That does not support your thesis, nor your poorly disguised personal attack on another poster.

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2016, 22:29
The two deceased victims were black.

Lonewolf_50
25th Jul 2016, 22:41
For those who do not understand my earlier estimate, you are invited to take a look at some of the challenges the communities in the Fort Myers area are facing. (See links below) I am guessing that there is gang activity involved (though I may be wrong) which doesn't make this shooting any less of a tragedy. Gang violence is a social disease that has infected a lot of our cities.

https://vimeo.com/72211531

NBC2 Investigates: Gangs in Southwest Florida - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida (http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22079660/nbc2-investigates-southwest-florida-gangs#.V5aGN_7r1f4)

A closer look at Dunbar?s ?Lake Boyz? | WINK NEWS (http://www.winknews.com/2015/10/02/a-closer-look-at-dunbars-lake-boyz/)

Police, Community Combat Crime in Fort Myers after Recent Violence - Along the Gulfshore - January 2016 - Naples, FL (http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Along-the-Gulfshore/January-2016/Police-community-combat-crime-in-Fort-Myers-after-recent-violence/)

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
25th Jul 2016, 23:04
"We tried to give the teens what we thought was a safe place to have a good time," the statement said, pointing out that armed security guards were posted inside and outside the club. "It was not kids at the party that did this despicable act."

The fact that armed guards, both internal and external, were thought to be required at what sounds to be little more than a "Blue Light Disco", implies that the organisers expected trouble, which backs up the gang wars scenario.
Just a pity that in most other countries, especially mine, adults overseeing need only be armed with earplugs and a hip flask.

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 00:11
This is America we are talking about. Of course there are armed guards. How else can we defend our way of life from the threats of the Muslim scourge, the blacks (both the criminal and the bystanders), the mexicans, the canadians (eh), the evil police (color doesn't matter when you put on the uniform!), the abortionists, the anti gun lobby (those evil constitution deniers), the evil government, and of course, those people who kick the back of your seat at the movie theatre.

meadowrun
26th Jul 2016, 00:31
those people who kick the back of your seat at the movie theatre

Ah yes, those unfortunate muffins who are the recipients of my quart of soft drink, ice, straw and lid that is involuntarily jerked back over my shoulder at a particularly shocking part of the film.

bbrio1
26th Jul 2016, 00:43
Ah yes, those unfortunate muffins who are the recipients of my quart of soft drink, ice, straw and lid that is involuntarily jerked back over my shoulder at a particularly shocking part of the film.

Meadow: thanks for that. Heeeheeeheee

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 01:03
meadowrun.

Please do not confess to your weapon of choice. The powerful 'Theatre Food Stuffs' lobby may hear about it. You would not want to come home and find that you have been the victim of a drive-by pop-corning. Would hate for someone else to have to endure that terror.

TFS is the biggest extortion group in the world and make the mafia (sorry - political correctness forces me to refer to them as the "collective of business associates of Mediterranean descent charged with extending co-operation on global level").....

Sorry - lost the thread of my rant. ... Ahhh yes. - The TFS are a monopoly group that adds a trillion percent markup on the banged grains, rock hard ice-cream, over sugared chocolate products and then force you to purchase flavoured fizzy water by the gallon and then expect you to sit there for two hours with the toilets conveniently located several miles away (and they wont pause the movie no matter how loudly i ask).

I tried to sneak in some food once but was caught - not sure how. I think it may be that the KFC smell was stronger than my pockets could contain. The TFS gang took me out the back and dropped exploding pop corn down that front of my pants. (i must admit it wasnt too unpleasant and i now have to pay ladies of negotiable affection extra to do this for me - which is in fact cheaper than the prices you pay at the theater).

time for my medication. Cant wait to retreat into my fantasy world where people live in harmony and are polite and respectful to each other.

Lonewolf_50
26th Jul 2016, 04:05
time for my medication.
yeah. The bastids have been overcharging me for overheated corn and bad bubbly sugar water for years. My medication is a two part perscription:

Stay away from the theaters
A nip of rye when I begin to tremble.

How you have exposed the TFS mafia from Kiwiland is a testament to the incredible investigatory powers of the internetz, equaled only by the conspiracy theorists who are sure that 9-11 was an inside job.

I tip my tinfoil hat to you, sir.:bored:

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 05:22
Thanks Lonewolf_50

I have simply copied the professional journalistic approach for information gathering, reference checking and presentation that is used throughout the world.

Basically, find a fact that matches my opinion, ignore and or shout over top of anything that contradicts my views, repeat myself until everyone gives up and believes me and then persecute those who continue to disagree ;)

Simple isnt it.

I sometimes wonder why we treat journalists with the respect we do :rolleyes:

P.S. Take care when tipping the tinfoil hat that you dont let any of those thought controllers worm their way in.

Lonewolf_50
26th Jul 2016, 18:24
P.S. Take care when tipping the tinfoil hat that you dont let any of those thought controllers worm their way in. Thanks for the tip, and I do need to get some more peanut butter to reattach it, as I am a notorious over-tipper. :cool: