PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 6: How to dump photos...?

TowerDog
25th Jul 2016, 00:37
My fault of course, I plugged the stupid iPhone into the desktop PC to update and to get the latest software from Apple.
My PC have over 2-3000 photos, pictures etc and it all got sucked into the damn iphone.
I tried to delete it all but no doable. Called Apple tech support and they had long stories and much drama on how to or not do this and the other but we are so sorry, not possible.:sad:

I have no reason or need to carry 1000s of photos on my damn phone.
Any geeks or nerds here who knows how to delete the entire damn album?
(Memory is only 16, last thing I need is all them stupid photos I already stored on my huge nuclear super PC with unlimited storage)

ExXB
27th Jul 2016, 07:40
No long story or drama ... :)

Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).

Select your device, and then select photos (left hand column). Here you can choose what, if anything, you want to sync to your phone.

Make your selection, click on apply. Do a sync (if it hasn't done it automatically)

Bob's your Uncle.

By selecting the other choices in the left hand column you can manage your apps, and how they appear on your phone screen; determine what music you want synced; same with calendar and contacts ...

G0ULI
27th Jul 2016, 13:49
All the photos should be stored in a DCIM directory on the phone. You should be able to see this directory and the contents from the File Manager program on a PC. Everything else on the iPhone is hidden away, but the photo directory should be visible.

Use the PC file manager to edit, delete or whatever with the photos.

Turn off the automatic syncronisation option in iTunes for photos and music if you want to manually control what gets backed up and copied across between the PC and iPhone.

dazdaz1
27th Jul 2016, 14:32
Do a factory reset. Tis like roughage to the bowels.

sharansingh
28th Jul 2016, 21:29
Connect you iPhone to PC via cable and open iTunes then select you phone and sync it with empty folder of photos. If it is not working then open your iPhone via MTP connection then only photos shown on your PC select your photos to delete.

Last option if non of this work.. just factory reset your phone.

ExXB
29th Jul 2016, 07:01
Deleting the photo files will not change the sync settings. This needs to be done through iTunes.

TowerDog
1st Aug 2016, 03:11
. No long story or drama ...

Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).

Select your device, and then select photos (left hand column). Here you can choose what, if anything, you want to sync to your phone.

Make your selection, click on apply. Do a sync (if it hasn't done it automatically)

Bob's your Uncle.

By selecting the other choices in the left hand column you can manage your apps, and how they appear on your phone screen; determine what music you want synced; same with calendar and contacts ...
ExXB is offline Report Post

Uh, ok but that is how to prevent the photo dump in the future, not how to remove all photos from iPhone...?
I could be wrong and should probably look again when sober.

. All the photos should be stored in a DCIM directory on the phone. You should be able to see this directory and the contents from the File Manager program on a PC. Everything else on the iPhone is hidden away, but the photo directory should be visible.

Use the PC file manager to edit, delete or whatever with the photos.

Turn off the automatic syncronisation option in iTunes for photos and music if you want to manually control what gets backed up and copied across between the PC and iPhone.

Ok, sounds reasonable, will try tomorrow after I wake up.
And, uh: this will delete all, and I mean I all photos on my iPhone if I follow your instructions ?

Do a factory reset. Tis like roughage to the bowels.

I should, and a colonoscopy, but it could lead to more work, if anything goes wrong?
(Retired Pilot, trying to avoid work:)

. Connect you iPhone to PC via cable and open iTunes then select you phone and sync it with empty folder of photos. If it is not working then open your iPhone via MTP connection then only photos shown on your PC select your photos to delete.

Last option if non of this work.. just factory reset your phone.

Roger, wilco.

All good suggestions for when I wake up the next day or so. (Hopefully)

. Deleting the photo files will not change the sync settings. This needs to be done through iTunes.

Right...
This is where Apple lost me:
If a dumb redneck wants to delete his stupid photos from his stupid iPhone, why can't he hit the "Delete All Photos" button?

It is not quite like Boeing's "Crash This Airplane" button.