PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail WTF?

Bern Oulli
24th Jul 2016, 17:50
Well, here's a thing. Last night I checked my emails, read some deleted some, everything fine.
This morning I logged in and Behold - all the folders were empty except my address book. Not an email in any folder, including Spam (no loss there).
Further investigating showed that my email address had changed from yahoo.com to yahoo.co.uk. Sending an email showed up at the recipient as from yahoo.co.uk. Sending an email to me (yahoo.com) resulted in a delivery failure - the address does not have an account.
So, I have emailed Yahoo Help and received the usual auto reply. My login still works but to yahoo.co.uk, so what is going on, and how do I get my old emails back?

On Yahoo forums it seems that quite a few people are suffering the same or similar fate.

oldpax
25th Jul 2016, 00:08
Looks like your E mail was hacked,happened to me on Hotmail only I could not get in .Password changed etc so had to abandon it.If you continue to use Yahoo.co.uk then someone may be monitering your E mails.Open another account !

Loose rivets
25th Jul 2016, 00:19
I've just checked my .com one that probably was started while I was an AT&T customer in the States. It seems okay at the moment.

Back then I was able to call support but I imagine I'd be in the same boat as you if I get hacked - if indeed that's what's happening.

I'm tending to trust mail and Skype for more and more things. That latter for a huge telephone directory, and although I do make backups to keep on a stick there's always the chance the file wont gel with a new version or some-such.

Loose rivets
25th Jul 2016, 13:57
Ay, caramba!!

Where do these figures come from? More than A HUNDRED BILLION down from its past potential. And I was worried I undersold a thing or two.

Yahoo sold to US telecoms giant Verizon - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36879831)

I'm off to check my mail. :eek:

Bern Oulli
26th Jul 2016, 10:10
Well well well, much to my surprise, 24 hours later everything is back to normal. No sign of any emails missing, everything works as per. So was this just a glitch that required a nudge from me to get Yahoo to sort it?

Interestingly the few emails I had from Yahoo while the .co.uk address was working, have vanished. Password changed of course.

Panic over.