PDA

View Full Version : Dell 24 rather patchy, so running LCD conditioning - but for how long?

Loose rivets
22nd Jul 2016, 22:02
Never done this before but the used 24" Dell sort of semi-pro thing is okay on pixel detail but lighter on the left edge than the right.

The Windows blue looked rather too red, but footling with it has not made it a whole lot better. I get the blue right, but then the white screen is too red.

The program is in the monitor setup menu and running now, but for how long? I just assumed it was going to run a few times and turn off, but I read of two hours! When it's running the colours look quite good, though the brightness is still variable from side to side. I think, looking at it 10 mins in, it's looking a tad better but I won't know until I look at a photo or two that I'm familiar with.

What think you?

Loose rivets
23rd Jul 2016, 17:10
Ran it for half an hour or so and it has made a difference. It still unfortunately shows a bit brighter down the left edge and a bit dimmer on the right edge. The vast majority is pretty good.

The Lenovo I picked up unused in a sealed box seems fine. An i5 with 8gigs and 2Tb, it has an NVidia something or another which I've connected via an HDMI lead.

My one disappointment is that I'm not able to go to a higher refresh rate. Perhaps it's limited to the card but a review on the monitor didn't cover that issue. Funny review - they waxed lyrical about the Dell Ultra Sharp 2408WFPb for most of the review but the last couple of paragraphs said it wouldn't do for serious photographic work and this and that was not so hot. It was as though someone else had finished the article.