PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in Munich?

Uncle Fred
22nd Jul 2016, 17:56
Looking for this in an English language site as well but this just in from the Spiegel: Olympia Einkaufszentrum: Schüsse in München - Berichte über mehrere Tote - SPIEGEL ONLINE (http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-schuesse-in-olympia-einkaufszentrum-a-1104387.html)

What this is saying at the moment is that there have been shots (actually more of the word for a shootout of some type--Schießerei) and that there are reports of many dead.

No further details yet. Hoping this is not too bad as I am sure there are many posters on this forum from Germany and many who have friends and relatives there.

First update: The AFP is stating that there is one dead while the SZ is referencing police sources as saying there are many.

From Die Welt: München: Amokläufer erschoss sich direkt vor Polizisten - Liveticker - DIE WELT (http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article157237504/Mehrere-Tote-bei-Schuessen-an-Muenchner-Einkaufszentrum.html)

The SZ website seems to have crashed at the moment. Probably getting too many hits.

meadowrun
22nd Jul 2016, 18:15
"At least one person has died and another 10 people are injured after a lone gunman went on a shooting spree in a German shopping centre.
A major police operation is ongoing in Munich, around the city's Olympic Park, with German media reporting 'multiple deaths'.
People were seen running from the shopping mall to get away from the incident after hearing gunshots.
The area around the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre in the district of Moosach has been sealed off as emergency services try to control the situation." DM

NutLoose
22nd Jul 2016, 18:43
Reporting a second shooter at the Metro Station.

Sadly I am not surprised, and if it is found to be terrorists, a damning indictment of the falicy of open borders and migration. My heart goes out to those caught up in this.

Newforest2
22nd Jul 2016, 18:44
BR TV have just reported that there are eleven dead. The shooter(s) are still being sought.

Uncle Fred
22nd Jul 2016, 18:51
Polizei apparently saying (according to Die Welt) that there is more than one attacker but that they do not know where they are. Obviously a large manhunt is underway.

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Jul 2016, 18:53
What have you done Angela? Just what have you done?

MarcK
22nd Jul 2016, 18:54
a damning indictment of the falicy[sic] of open borders and migration
Of late, all the miscreants were non-immigrant legal citizens of the country. how does open-borders factor in?

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Jul 2016, 18:58
Wasn't the would be mass axe murderer who went on the rampage on a train an Afghan asylum seeker?

bbrio1
22nd Jul 2016, 18:59
So. It has come to this. Police advising to "avoid public places"

WTF indeed.

NutLoose
22nd Jul 2016, 19:01
He was Hearty, and the Nice driver was a Tunisian with a residents permit.

MrSnuggles
22nd Jul 2016, 19:09
If only everyone around him had carried! *murica logic*

TURIN
22nd Jul 2016, 19:12
Reporting a second shooter at the Metro Station.

Sadly I am not surprised, and if it is found to be terrorists, a damning indictment of the falicy of open borders and migration. My heart goes out to those caught up in this.

IF it's found to be a terrorist attack? What do you mean IF?

However, unless you know differently, it depends what brand of terrorists.
As far as I'm aware the motives and status of the miscreants is unknown. For all we know it could White supremacists on a revenge attack against innocent non whites.
Can we just wait and see please?

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Jul 2016, 19:12
Interesting. Back in the day, Germany could be on lock down to contain the problem and impede the escape of the killers. By now they could be on their way into hiding (like Paris last November) in another country, or they could be driving their way to their next city leaving a trail of death throughout Europe. Austria, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein and France are but a couple of hours driving time from Munich.

NutLoose
22nd Jul 2016, 19:18
CNBC can are saying that some of the major German newspapers are calling it an amok run where someone simply goes crazy, hence the If Turin.

handysnaks
22nd Jul 2016, 19:20
HeartyM. No, it couldn't really lockdown to contain the problem. There were miles of porous countryside between all of the border crossong points that were on roads! And even a lot of the border points on the minor roads would be unmanned fairly regularly!

Krautwald
22nd Jul 2016, 19:22
Or, just seek refuge in the nearest immigrant neighborhood, just like the guy from the Paris attack who lived quite openly in the middle of Bruxelles for weeks. People there will routinely not speak to the Kuffar police and turn a fellow muslim in just because he is a murderer, so they don´t need to worry.

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Jul 2016, 19:28
Very true. But stop people driving cars unchecked and it's harder for them to escape with their car. Its also more difficult to bring in Kalashnikovs from the East if random border checks take place. Right now there's no deterrent. Once in Europe the weaponry is in the system, free to travel thousands of miles unchecked.

The recent failed coup in turkey will result in many displaced weapons finding their way to Europe and blood will he shed in many European cities for decades to come.

Things will get worse. Europe is over.

Kulverstukas
22nd Jul 2016, 19:29
Something new: Bitte keine Fotos/Filme von polizeilichen Maßnahmen online stellen. Unterstützt nicht die Täter!

HeartyMeatballs
22nd Jul 2016, 19:30
For those of us who don't speak German?

Kulverstukas
22nd Jul 2016, 19:32
Munich police asks not photo/video of shootings, because it helps killers.

Tu.114
22nd Jul 2016, 19:40
...not to post such videos/pictures of police activity as it will help the criminals.

Summary of the latest Spiegel Online article (http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-schuesse-in-olympia-einkaufszentrum-a-1104387.html):

Several shots were fired in a McDonalds just outside the Olympia shopping mall in Northern Munich at 17:52 local. Multiple subjects are on the run and are supposed to be hiding in the mall. Witnesses talked about 3 of them. At least 10 injured at the moment. The mall and the surrounding area is on lockdown, as is the central train station. All long-range and local train traffic as well as tram and busses are halted. Massive police forces are at the scene, including special forces and helicopters. The word "terror" has been officially uttered. Citizens have been warned to stay in safe places and not leave their homes.

I hope this will be resolved soon and without loss of innocent lives.

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 19:42
HeartyMeatballs,

"Europe is over?"

Get a grip you hysterical loon! Europe is no more "over" than Sharia law reigns in the streets of the north of England.

Honestly, what on earth would some of you people have done in September 1939?

NutLoose
22nd Jul 2016, 19:42
When you watch the news they are basically rerunning the same tapes over and over, probably because of that.

Munich police now calling it a terror attack.

LTNman
22nd Jul 2016, 20:03
What did Angela Merkel really expect when she let a million unknowns into her country. Even if they were already living in France or Belgium the open borders just aid terrorists.

Germany, France and Italy have all condemned Hungary for stopping migrants entering their country. So which country has no problem with angry Muslims then?

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 20:07
The guy shooting outside the McDonalds in latest video footage appears to be white.

Above The Clouds
22nd Jul 2016, 20:12
Well Angela Merkel you really have opened a can of worms, potentially allowing 1,000,000 + unknown terrorists in to your back yard.

I hope you are having a long hard think about your actions and you wonder now why the majority of the UK voted Brexit !!!

The next best thing now is to close that tunnel permanently.

NutLoose
22nd Jul 2016, 20:13
Ex plod security guy on news said after studying the film he couldn't tell what race he was pr00ne

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 20:13
Hence I said "appears"

Tu.114
22nd Jul 2016, 20:18
Gentlemen, I would like to invite us all to wait until the attackers have been identified before offering thoughts on their nationality and possible large-scale consequences from that.

Latest reports say that there are multiple losses of life already. Two large Munich hospitals have entered a state of emergency as well and have called in every available doctor. Car drivers have been requested to leave the motorways and clear the way for police forces. Also, GSG9 has already been sent to the theatre.

If You speak German, there is a quite up-to-date live coverage on the renowned Austrian newspaper Der Standard webpage (https://derstandard.at/jetzt/livebericht/2000041638367/mehrere-tote-nach-schuessen-im-olympia-einkaufszentrum-in-muenchen)

galaxy flyer
22nd Jul 2016, 20:39
Honestly, what on earth would some of you people have done in September 1939?

It wasn't what wasn't done in '39, but what was done by May of '45 that matters. By then, Nazi militarism and its Aryan superiority complex became Merkel's pacifism by dint of a horrific war. Give war a chance.

GF

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 20:45
Latest video of an extraordinary exchange with one of the gunmen on a car park roof with a very angry, and extraordinarily brave, member of the public who was filming on their phone, consists of raving and screaming from the gunman about "foreigners" and I am a German, Germany for Germans.

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 21:13
Fifth anniversary to the day of the Anders Breivik right wing extremist slaughter in Norway.

Kulverstukas
22nd Jul 2016, 21:20
Fifth anniversary to the day of the Anders Breivik right wing extremist slaughter in Norway.

I was waiting for this reminder!

Lonewolf_50
22nd Jul 2016, 21:23
Several shots were fired in a McDonalds just outside the Olympia shopping mall in Northern Munich at 17:52 local. Is the "McDonalds" tid bit and the shouting of "foreigners" tidbit and screaming from the gunman about "foreigners" and I am a German, Germany for Germans.

significant, or just one of those odd juxtapositions?

Krautwald
22nd Jul 2016, 21:24
Nazi terror doesn't really click with the news that shooting was random. :confused:

But maybe somebody just wanted to stir things up. Could be right wing, could be islamist, could be something else or false flag. Turkish political trouble and interference also going on quite massively in Germany.

God knows what this is.

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 21:27
I don't care to which side of the political or religious extreme nuttership they belong, a heinous crime is a heinous crime.

The gunman was heard to shout racist and xenophobic abuse before he opened fire.

Krautwald
22nd Jul 2016, 21:28
Fire at Germans? Sounds pretty....fake.

Tu.114
22nd Jul 2016, 21:31
Lonewolf, an attack on a McDonalds as a symbol of foreign, i. e. US influence would stretch my imagination a lot. German right wingers are traditionally more after non-whites on a individual level rather than after foreign-owned enterprises.

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 21:38
Krautwald,

You have no idea who he/they/she fired at.

Lonewolf_50
22nd Jul 2016, 21:40
Lonewolf, an attack on a McDonalds as a symbol of foreign, i. e. US influence would stretch my imagination a lot. German right wingers are traditionally more after non-whites on a individual level rather than after foreign-owned enterprises. Well, please appreciate that I lived in Germany last in the 1970's when the Bader Meinhoff and Red Army Faction were running about, so I've seen plenty of Anti US rhetoric out of Germans. (Heck, I got some of it in the 90's in NATO but it had less of a hard edge).

Tu.114
22nd Jul 2016, 21:45
Noted, but in my experience, the anti-US sentiment has decreased a fair bit since then in Germany. Also the surge of about 2003 related to the Iraq invasion has faded again. I maintain that I find such a background to tonights attacks hard to imagine but must stand to be corrected of course, as the attackers are yet unidentified.

AN2 Driver
22nd Jul 2016, 22:04
One guy found killed near the Isar river, possibly one of the shooters. If so, we should know soon enough what is behind this.

Tu.114
22nd Jul 2016, 22:11
I just hope they manage to take one alive so he can answer to a court...

SASless
22nd Jul 2016, 22:57
Racist and Xenophobic comments shouted....errrrrrrr....does that mean it was a smart assed White Boy doing the shouting or can "Racist and Xenophobic" be stretched to apply to a Radical Islamic Jihadi or a fundamentalist Jamaican Rastafarian shouting something?

TU....is there something worse a Court can do to a Mass Murderer that a fatal Police barrage of bullets can?

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 23:06
SASless,
There is a very comprehensive dialogue of two shouted exchanges on line, one being the incredible phone camera footage of the shooter on the car park roof. The retoric was anti-Turk in particular and anti "non German" in general. Also shouted that he was born in Germany in an unemployment benefit area.

And in answer to your rather unpleasant second question. Yes, bring him/her/them before a court and jury of their peers to answer for their crimes. It's called justice. Your "solution" is just killing and we've had far too much of that. After all it IS the crime in question.

galaxy flyer
22nd Jul 2016, 23:20
Or, using a now-quaint term, an act of war.

GF

SASless
22nd Jul 2016, 23:23
pr00ne,

I made no assertion as to a certain result being preferred....not in any way.

I merely asked, in light of the report of one of the Killer being dead, whether a Court could inflict a result greater than that. Dead seems pretty well up at the Top of the Scale for severity to me.

Now it appears the dead Killer that was found a KM away from Mickey D's died by his own hand....or perhaps a reaction to a Big Mac too many.

I don't know about you but being alive and in prison sure beats hell out of being dead on the Strasse no matter which organ of state effected that result.

Of course, in this Country we do have the Death Penalty in most States and under Federal Law for Murder (Mass or commonplace) unlike the UK or Europe.

Uncle Fred
22nd Jul 2016, 23:39
Tu.114 said If You speak German, there is a quite up-to-date live coverage on the renowned Austrian newspaper Der Standard webpage

You can also stream ARD and its extended Tagesthemen: ARD Startseite (http://www.ard.de/home/ard/ARD_Startseite/21920/index.html)

Very professional Munich police spokesman and even the CDU General Secretary Peter Altmaier is on topic. Very much on point and on task. Obviously an unfolding situation but at least what information there is to report is being done in a very competent manner.

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2016, 23:55
SASless,
Fair points, well made. Can't disagree with that, life is precious and is always the better alternative.
I hope they catch the remainder alive and they are made to answer for their crime.

Tu.114
23rd Jul 2016, 00:57
SASless,
The court can dissect him and his motives and actions. Consider that Norwegian murderer from 5 years ago who has been shown as a deranged stark raving maniac with a completely warped sense of reality since then. Had he not been taken in alive, there might have been more of a nimbus left on him. Ideally, it can make him even say something like "Yes, I am a murderer."

The subsequent punishment will obviously vary according jurisdiction. But the proceedings leading to it may bring some catharsis.

NutLoose
23rd Jul 2016, 02:06
I must admit I was very impressed with the police game plan, they obviously we're playing to with units such as fire etc going to pre designated points, and the apparent well thought out system of shutting down the city.

Gunman an 18yr old Iranian (Sky news)

TWT
23rd Jul 2016, 03:59
Gunman was born in Germany.Being described as German-Iranian.

Krystal n chips
23rd Jul 2016, 06:32
Well, that tragic event produced the usual euphoric responses from the JB bigoterati with little or no thought involved.

First, the tragic loss of life is precisely that, irrespective of the context or location.

Secondly, terrorists have been around for centuries and as one of their operational requirements is access to weaponry and explosives, then the wailings about open borders and immigration being effective controls are spurious to say the least.

Thirdly, there's the not so little matter of people with mental health problems who embark on random killings for the simple reason they suffer from various mental health conditions. No amount of legislation can ever negate their intentions.

"Of course, in this Country we do have the Death Penalty in most States and under Federal Law for Murder (Mass or commonplace) unlike the UK or Europe"

For all the good it does, this is true as society feels "appeased". However, you missed out the bit where the so called law enforcement "professionals " are happily negating the legal processes thus saving all the expense of trials and other sundry obstacles to justice.

Jetex_Jim
23rd Jul 2016, 07:09
Here's an english transcript of that exchange between the gunman and a bystander

Balcony Man: "You ******* Asshole you..."
Shooter: "Because of you I [unintelligible]..."
Balcony Man: "You **** you. you're a ****"
Shooter: "...and now I have to buy a gun to shoot you"
Balcony Man: "a gun **** off your head isn't on right"
Shooter and Balcony man shouting at each other
Balcony Man apparently to people filming: "He's got a gun here the guy has one"
Shooter: "Shit/******* Turks!"
Balcony Man: "Shit/******* Kanacken" (foreigners basically)
Balcony man to someone else : "EY! HE'S GOT A GUN! He has loaded his gun! Get the cops here!"
Shooter: "I am German."
Balcony Man: "You're a **** is what you are"
Shooter: "Stop filming!"
Balcony Man: "A **** is what you are, what the **** are you doing?"
Shooter: "Yeah what, I was born here!"
Balcony Man: "Yeah and what the **** you think you're doing???"
Shooter: "I grew up here in the Hartz 4 (unemployment benefits in Germany) area.
Balcony Man and Shooter talk at same time, can't make it out.
Shooter says something about "Behandlung" which is "treatment" in both medical treatment or just how you treat people,not sure which one he means.
Balcony Man says something like "Yeah treatment is something for you"
Shooter: "I haven't done anything here for [unintelligible]"
Shooter: "Just shut your ******* face man"
Balcony Man: "You **** you"
Balcony Man: "HEY! HE'S ON THE UPPER FLOOR HERE [unintelligible]"
Filming man goes into cover, shooter starts firing.
Balcony man calls him a **** again.
Balcony man shouts something at him about "shooting here" and Shooter replies multiple times "Yeah, that's where you're right! Yeah you're right with that!" Yeah you're right!"
Video ends.

https://twitter.com/InterGarfield/status/756563899416244224

alwayzinit
23rd Jul 2016, 07:14
For all the "Ostrich Apologists!" .

The shooter was shouting "Allah Akbar" prior to opening up on a bunch of kids in a Macdonalds. He has been identified as of Iranian dissent.

Now I know the "Ostrichs" consider me a bigot, however............................

Jetex_Jim
23rd Jul 2016, 07:25
Much misinformation circulated on the media yesterday evening, and some of it has been copied to this thread.

And we see the usual schadenfreude. (interesting that there's a German word for something that's becoming a notably British trait.)

sitigeltfel
23rd Jul 2016, 07:35
The poor things. They so desperately wanted him to be anything other than a .......

ORAC
23rd Jul 2016, 08:39
"All the world is mad save me and thee; and even thou art a little mad"

All terrorists of whatever ideology or religion who commit such acts will be considered mentally disordered by those who do not share them. Are all those fighting each other in the ME made? Were those who fought for Communism mad? Were all those who fought in the religious wars in Europe mad?

However to those who share their beliefs and society, they are totally sane. The quote I placed at the top is one of the definitions of sanity/insanity - deviation from the norm.

The major concern of the last few weeks, Nice, Wurzburg, Munich is the Lone Wolf nature of the attack - and it's spread as a meme. Started as a tactic my ISIL to encourage attacks in the West, it is being seen as successful and increasing to appearance.

Why successful? Because the security services work on intelligence gathered by terrorists groups talking and planning together - whether from HUMINT or electronic surveillance. With Lone Wolf attacks these leads are lost. Sure attackers visit the sites where they get indoctrinated and learn tactics - but so do hundreds of thousands of others, vicarious onlookers or inly the curious, finding those who actually will attack is an almost impossible task.

Focus on the use of guns is also of limited use, as Nice showed, just a hired truck proved a weapon capable of causing mass casualties. And there are many targets - crowds at contest or football matches, rallies beaches.

We live in troubled and dangerous times.

PAXfips
23rd Jul 2016, 08:40
Where did the gun come from?

Rwy in Sight
23rd Jul 2016, 09:24
I am not sure what is the most optimistic scenario: an (islamic) terrorist attack or a nutcase? It makes no difference to the victims but either case is bad for our way of life.

Tankertrashnav
23rd Jul 2016, 10:17
Above the Clouds - actually it is of great significance. There are many on here calling for borders to be closed, as if that is going to make the problem go away.

The fact is that all European countries have large numbers of citizens who were not born in the country in which they are now living. It's early days, but we understand this man was of dual German-Iranian citizenship. Closing the borders is not going to get rid of him, and others like him. As I pointed out on another thread, making my daughter's partner, who is of Indian parentage, "go back where he came from" would only involve him driving down the M1 from Nottingham to London!

No good shutting the stable doors now - the horses are all inside!

sitigeltfel
23rd Jul 2016, 10:21
Forget Islam, the real terror threat in Germany has been identified...

Protestant Theologian: 'Radical Bible Groups' A Bigger Threat To Teens Than Islamism (http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/22/protestant-theologian-radical-bible-groups-bigger-threat-teens-islamism/)

Yes, a papercut from one of their tracts might cause mayhem!

You have been warned :rolleyes:

ORAC
23rd Jul 2016, 10:22
"........The 18-year-old German-Iranian man who opened fire in a crowded Munich shopping mall and a nearby McDonald's,killing nine people and wounding 16 others before killing himself, has been named in reports as Ali Sonly. Posing as a teenage girl called 'Selina Akim', Sonboly is thought to have used messages posted on a fake Facebook account to lure young victims to their death with fraudulent offers of free food just hours before his murderous rampage began......"

It would appear he has only been in Germany for 2 years (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/what-know-ali-david-sonboly-8476548#XISL7oBYDUylHM1R.97). Refugee bringing family to join him perhaps? And the son obviously not fitting in/being accepted and exacting revenge. Time will tell if he was groomed and armed.

....."The taxi driver's son had both German and Iranian citizenship but had only been in the country for 2 years"........

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 11:13
Can we sort out all bullshit around it and get clear information?

When and where shooting(s?) occurred?
How much shooters was in total?
How much causalities?
Was shooter(s) arrested, or shouted by police or he (they?) believed to kill themselves?

Effluent Man
23rd Jul 2016, 11:43
Without wishing to downplay the threat of Islamic radicalisation I sort of get this worry of Christian groups. Within the last few years two churches have appeared within half a mile of my old business site.

They seem to have mass attendances with traffic problems in the area surrounding them, such are their numbers. These people are fairly radical themselves, eschewing "modern" technology, radio, TV, computers etc and indulging in happy flappy religions. Recently one of them has taken to posting teenage members with sandwich boards on the main road offering a free lunch to anyone who will attend.

An obvious attempt to draw in the poor. I may wander down one day.

PAXfips
23rd Jul 2016, 12:07
Shooter used a Glock 17 and had 300 rounds carried in his backpack.
Source unknown, serial was rasped off.

We need stricter gun control.. oh wait.

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 12:13
News just coming in that German police say he was not an immigrant but born in Bavaria. Had been known to police as a victim of bullying and was seeking psychiatric and medical treatment. No link to ISILISISDASHDOOBOGEYMAN

And I just read totally opposite in the news: he was not alone, there were three shooters and two escaped, he was Iranian, his name was Ali, he was Islamic radical, he live in Germany only two years and before mass killing he posted in Faecesbook under faked name of Arabian girl invitation to free lunch at MacDo' at the killing time.

SASless
23rd Jul 2016, 12:29
Exactly how does closing borders during the current infiltration of Refugee ranks fail to help prevent Terrorists from gaining entrance to Western Nations? Please do explain that to us please!

Above the Clouds - actually it is of great significance. There are many on here calling for borders to be closed, as if that is going to make the problem go away.

The fact is that all European countries have large numbers of citizens who were not born in the country in which they are now living. It's early days, but we understand this man was of dual German-Iranian citizenship. Closing the borders is not going to get rid of him, and others like him. As I pointed out on another thread, making my daughter's partner, who is of Indian parentage, "go back where he came from" would only involve him driving down the M1 from Nottingham to London!

No good shutting the stable doors now - the horses are all inside!

Toadstool
23rd Jul 2016, 12:30
Not sure where you read that Kulverstukas.

The police statement said that he was born in Munich, had dual German/Iranian nationality, had no links to radical islam or ISIS, but had a fascination with mass killings and killers such as Anders Brevik.

He had also been treated for depression and had been bullied at school. This bullying had led to him promising to take revenge.

Total nut job.

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 12:43
Not sure where you read that Kulverstukas.

All over the newsfeed yesterday and today. I not doubt police statement, I just point out at quality of information media feeding public with.

23rd Jul 2016, 13:25
I merely asked, in light of the report of one of the Killer being dead, whether a Court could inflict a result greater than that. Dead seems pretty well up at the Top of the Scale for severity to me.

It all comes down to beliefs and what you think may happen to you after you die.
If you are a suicide bomber or a gunman who wants to get killed after slaughtering a few dozen infidels and you have been brainwashed into believing that if you die after performing what is your sacred duty you will go straight to paradise, then spending the rest of your life locked up may well be far worse than dying at the scene of your crime.

TowerDog
23rd Jul 2016, 14:46
. No Islamic link or motive.

A Muslim with a gun, like the numerous other mass killings lately.

KenV
23rd Jul 2016, 15:17
If only everyone around him had carried! *murica logic*Yeah the "insane" murican gun culture and the "barbaric" murican gun laws claim still more victims. This could never happen in an enlightened Western European nation. Never.

...............O wait.

jcjeant
23rd Jul 2016, 15:19
Hi,

the nutcase in Nice called himself French just because he held a French passport similar MO to other terrorist recently.
False !
This man was resident in France with a "resident visa" .. not a french passport (permis de séjour) expiring after 10 years
His nationality was Tunisian

SMT Member
23rd Jul 2016, 15:58
All over the newsfeed yesterday and today. I not doubt police statement, I just point out at quality of information media feeding public with.

If you have even the faintest of professional relation with aviation, you know from experience the words 'quality' and 'journalism' are mutually exclusive in the mass media, particularly in the first 24 hours of an event taking place. It has gone progressively worse over recent years, as journalists are being replaced by computers grabbing 'feeds' off social media and presenting it as news.

vctenderness
23rd Jul 2016, 16:05
The usual left wing media is wetting itself with excitement over the news that it was not an Islam related incident.

They have already pinned an Andres Brevick on him.

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 16:15

Wasn't Brevic's massacre counter-Islam incident? So it was still "Islam related".

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 16:25
'He always said he would kill us': Classmate reveals Munich loner was 'mobbed' during seven years of bullying at school... and promised revenge on his tormentors one day
•Former classmate of Ali Sonboly said they 'always mobbed him in school'

Classmate reveals Munich loner Ali Sonboly was 'mobbed' during seven years of bulling | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704563/He-said-kill-Classmate-reveals-Munich-loner-mobbed-seven-years-bulling-school-promised-revenge-tormentors-one-day.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline)

ATNotts
23rd Jul 2016, 17:25
I detect the news media is somewhat perplexed as the incident didn't follow their script!

The BBC were falling over themselves to link the attack with Nice, Wurzburg, Paris etc. but is turns out the guy is a German, with joint German and Iranian nationality, and far from being a follower of ISIS / Daesh is actually more aligned with Breivik, the 5th anniversary of who's atrocity was this weekend.

What is frightening is the suggestion i just heard on BBC Radio 4 that he potentially hacked a Facebook account and lured the young people, who numbered many of the dead and injured to McDonalds. If so he was clearly a very bitter and twisted person - very much in the mould of Breivik.

FakePilot
23rd Jul 2016, 17:28
One thing I have a question about how did he know how to shoot and how did he know the gun worked? I've seen naturals and glocks are very operational but ??? Most of my guns had issues out of the box, including very expensive european manufactured ones.

Lonewolf_50
23rd Jul 2016, 18:08
I detect the news media is somewhat perplexed as the incident didn't follow their script!

The BBC were falling over themselves to link the attack with Nice, Wurzburg, Paris etc. but is turns out the guy is a German, with joint German and Iranian nationality, and far from being a follower of ISIS / Daesh is actually more aligned with Breivik, the 5th anniversary of who's atrocity was this weekend.

What is frightening is the suggestion i just heard on BBC Radio 4 that he potentially hacked a Facebook account and lured the young people, who numbered many of the dead and injured to McDonalds. If so he was clearly a very bitter and twisted person - very much in the mould of Breivik.
Is the suggestion that this was a revenge killing, getting back at people who bullied him at school?
A former classmate said he was quite clever but was badly bullied and had few friends.
During an argument just a few months ago Sonboly, who was today described as being 'deranged', had boasted about wanting to kill people in a massacre.
The young girl told the Daily Mail: 'He was not popular at school, he only had two or three friends that he would hang out with.
'In an argument, he said he wanted to carry out a massacre. He said: "I will kill you all".'
The girl said she saw Sonboly in the apartment block around midday on Friday - just hours before the shooting spree.

Columbine sort of thing?

ORAC
23rd Jul 2016, 19:47
The usual left wing media is wetting itself with excitement over the news that it was not an Islam related incident. They have already pinned an Andres Brevick on him.

".....One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that. No ordinary man could be such a fool..."

George Orwell

18 years old, living at home, and he bought a Glock and 300 rounds of ammunition, plus enough extra to learn how to use it, and somewhere to do so? Bought from cash saved from his pocket money and paper round no doubt?

Somewhere in the background is a groomer, seeking out, priming, and arming, naive fools.

sitigeltfel
24th Jul 2016, 07:10
The usual left wing media is wetting itself with excitement over the news that it was not an Islam related incident.

The BBC were challenged after removing "Ali" from his name in their news reports, choosing to shorten his name to David Sonbaly, instead of Ali David Sonbaly.

BBC 'Fixes' Munich Killer Article Following Breitbart Expose Of Muslim Name Cover Up (http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/23/bbc-fixes-munich-killer-article-following-breitbart-expose-muslim-name-cover/)

After the challenge, they added the name, but as his middle name.

Why would the BBC want to disguise his heritage? After all, they are at the forefront of pushing the multicultural agenda!

PAXfips
24th Jul 2016, 17:22
Now a machete attack (one woman dead, two more injured) in Reutlingen (some 200km west of Munich).

Also yesterday on the local train to Bremen there was a knife-threatening "psychopath" (noone injured).

Rename thread to '...in Germany'? :(

anotheruser
24th Jul 2016, 17:23
The BBC were challenged after removing "Ali" from his name in their news reports, choosing to shorten his name to David Sonbaly, instead of Ali David Sonbaly.According to German media, (http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/muenchen-david-ali-und-selina-akim-was-wir-wissen-und-was-nicht-a-1104430.html) his name is "David" and "Ali" is a name he may have used on facebook, which is however unconfirmed.

Breitbart Expose [...] Name Cover UpWhy do right wing media always twist the truth?

Lonewolf_50
24th Jul 2016, 18:07
Why do media twist the truth?
Fixed that for you.
And I have an answer for you.
Outrage sells.

Toadstool
24th Jul 2016, 18:52
Why would the BBC want to disguise his heritage? After all, they are at the forefront of pushing the multicultural agenda!

Possibly because there will be the usual crowd who, when seeing a particular type of name will immediately jump to conclusions. In this case, dead wrong.

The BBC were most certainly not disguising the heritage of the Syrian refugee who killed with a machete today.

meadowrun
24th Jul 2016, 19:00
Bad disguise. David is a Jewish name.

A machete attack by a Syrian asylum-seeker has left one woman dead and two other people injured, police in south-western Germany say.
Witnesses said the attack happened after an argument developed between the man and the woman in the town of Reutlingen, near Stuttgart.
Police said the attacker had been arrested and there was no indication that it was terrorist attack.
The incident comes amid tension after other bloody events in the past week.
A shooting rampage in Munich on Friday left nine dead while an axe attack on a train a week ago injured several people.

The 21-year-old man arrested in Reutlingen was acting alone and there was no likely danger to other people now, police said.
They added that he had been involved in previous incidents where he had caused injury, but gave no further details bbc

No indication it was a terrorist attack but he did come out armed with some intent and with a violent history.

Hands up the last time you went out on the streets with a machete tucked under your coat.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Kulverstukas
24th Jul 2016, 19:26
The grim list of victims according to the Bavarian provincial:

-A 14-year old German
-A 14-year old stateless persons
-A 14 German Turk
-A 15 year old Hungarian
-A 15 year old German Turk
-A 17-year old Greek
-A 19 German
-A 20-year old Kosovare
-A 45 year old Turkish girl

The gunman, David S. was 18 years and German-Iranian.

Liveticker zum Amoklauf in München: Die neun Todesopfer von München - N24.de (http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Politik/d/8872140/die-neun-todesopfer-von-muenchen.html)

PAXfips
24th Jul 2016, 19:56
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany/terrorism

Thanks, Mutti.

PAXfips
24th Jul 2016, 20:32
Schießerei in München: Jugendliche spielen Amoklauf nach - Panorama - Stuttgarter Nachrichten (http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.schiesserei-in-muenchen-jugendliche-spielen-amoklauf-nach.651cff57-38a7-4861-9f7a-86cac0ca3058.html)

Kids buy softair guns to "(re)play some amok". Police entering the scene had problems to identify the guns as toys..

Close to Darwin Award candidancy..

Kulverstukas
24th Jul 2016, 20:37
Police entering the scene had problems to identify the guns as toys

Thank Gods it's not Amurika

Jetex_Jim
25th Jul 2016, 00:21
As is our normal procedure, we were heading down the A9 to Munich on Friday evening, and at around 6:30pm about 20 police cars hurtled past us going hell for leather.

The emergency services got to dry run their real anti-terrorist procedure. Something like 2500 extra police were drafted into the town. With some units coming in from Austria and Switzerland.

By Saturday lunchtime the normal Munich weekend tempo had resumed.
Joggers jogged the quiet and shady treelined streets.
Pretty girls with long legs and short skirts glided by on bikes.
And, most important, the Weiss beer was cool, smooth and delicious.

Except for the endless rehashing of the news on Deutsch TV normalcy was restored.

ORAC
25th Jul 2016, 08:19
You couldn't make it up........

In post 86 I said, ironically, that, "
18 years old, living at home, and he bought a Glock and 300 rounds of ammunition, plus enough extra to learn how to use it, and somewhere to do so? Bought from cash saved from his pocket money and paper round no doubt?"

And in today's Grauniad......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/24/munich-gunman-ali-sonboly-planned-attack-for-more-than-a-year-say-investigators

"........The Bavarian interior minister, Joachim Herrmann, confirmed that the gun cost “several hundred euros” and authorities were trying to work out if Sonboly was able to buy the gun with money earned from his paper round, which was his sole income........."

sitigeltfel
25th Jul 2016, 08:32
This tale of him seeking revenge for being bullied doesn't ring true. Wouldn't his first targets be those who supposedly caused him torment?

I used to have a paper round, and managed to suppress my desire to commit mass murder by using the money I earned to buy a bike! :rolleyes:

Out Of Trim
25th Jul 2016, 11:09
I used to have a paper round, and managed to suppress my desire to commit mass murder by using the money I earned to buy a bike!

Me too! I also used the money to buy a bike. Perhaps, I should have invested my hard earned into a Glock 17. Just for self protection you understand..

What a shame that we might need such self protection the way things are going!

:{

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2016, 11:26
I used to have a paper round, and managed to suppress my desire to commit mass murder by using the money I earned to buy a bike! :rolleyes:
You can inflict serious injuries on people using a bike . . .

KenV
27th Jul 2016, 13:56
What a shame that we might need such self protection the way things are going!

Is "such self protection" not strictly prohibited in the UK?
If so, which is the greater "shame":
1. Having the need for such self protection.
2. Being prohibited from such self protection even when there is a need.

NutLoose
27th Jul 2016, 14:42
Gang of Muslims storm nudist pool in Germany and threaten to 'exterminate' women | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3710274/Gang-Muslims-storm-nudist-pool-Germany-yelling-Allahu-Akbar-threatening-exterminate-women-sluts.html)

The words Arrest and instantly deport comes to mind

DroneDog
27th Jul 2016, 14:46
https://twitter.com/ANDREASSTAVRI/status/758219817853841408This was emailed to me earlier, considering I am flying from Frankfurt shortly, it does not fill me with confidence

German police attacked by irate passenger, according to the video site either the Police asked his wife to lift her veil for a security check and he objected OR he became agitated at a flight delay.
LiveLeak.com - Angry Man Attacks Two Police Officers At Frankfurt Airport

and the full version leading up to the fight:

https://twitter.com/ANDREASSTAVRI/status/758219817853841408

Ibanez001
27th Jul 2016, 14:50
He went from full of fight to limp as a wet noodle quite fast - was he tasered or something?

DroneDog
27th Jul 2016, 14:52
I believe he was...

ORAC
27th Jul 2016, 16:25
Suitcase explosion near a migrant office in Zirndorf. No casualties and seems to be aerosol cans, so ineffectual - however the 5 incident in Bavaria in the last week - and a sign of intent.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/zirndorf-explosion-suitcase-bomb-detonated-near-refugee-and-migrant-office-near-nuremberg-german-media-reports-34917312.html