PDA

View Full Version : What is happening in pokemon world?

Kulverstukas
22nd Jul 2016, 11:56
http://www.apn.ru/pictures/pockemon.jpg

ShyTorque
22nd Jul 2016, 21:51
I've just been told that there are five of these damned Pokemen in my village. What's more there are two in my garden and one in my kitchen!

First idiot who comes snooping around here with a mobile phone under their nose will have a shock if the dogs see them first.

oldpax
23rd Jul 2016, 01:35
Here in Thailand that word has a different meaning!

Falcon Al
23rd Jul 2016, 03:44
Here in Thailand that word has a different meaning!

As well as Jamaica mon.

N707ZS
23rd Jul 2016, 08:48
Presume its not free to play this game and someone is raking in billions!

Blues&twos
23rd Jul 2016, 09:45
My daughter found one inside my car whilst I was driving through Reading last week. I bet he'd been rifling through all my stuff.

Ibanez001
23rd Jul 2016, 09:54
As well as Jamaica mon.
The Jamaican proctologist?

beeg0d
23rd Jul 2016, 09:59
Presume its not free to play this game and someone is raking in billions!
Actually it is 100% free to play, yet nintendo/google (the owners of the company behind the game) are indeed still making millions (due to purchacing of in app optional upgrades)

Above The Clouds
23rd Jul 2016, 10:28
WTF is a pokemon :confused:

MrSnuggles
23rd Jul 2016, 10:33
This is what's happening in Pokemon World!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD51pg9iTN8

Above The Clouds
23rd Jul 2016, 10:48
What the hell is the world coming too.

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 11:02
Now I know why lemmings jumps from the cliff ;)

FullOppositeRudder
23rd Jul 2016, 11:49
WTF is a pokemon :confused:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

In summary perhaps:

The main staple of the Pokémon video game series revolves around the catching and battling of Pokémon. Starting with a starter Pokémon, the player can catch wild Pokémon by weakening them and catching them with Poké Balls. Conversely, they can choose to defeat them in battle in order to gain experience for their Pokémon, raising their levels and teaching them new moves. Certain Pokémon can evolve into more powerful forms by raising their levels or using certain items. Throughout the game, players will have to battle other trainers in order to progress, with the main goal to defeat various Gym Leaders and earn the right to become a tournament champion. Subsequent games in the series have introduced various side games and side quests, including the Battle Frontiers that display unique battle types and the Pokémon Contests where visual appearance is put on display.
This probably doesn't answer the question. I don't understand it either :confused:
'Tis a whole new world out there .......:rolleyes:

Blues&twos
23rd Jul 2016, 12:30
Well, people are always complaining that kids don't get out enough. My two went on a 2 hour walk through the woods a few days ago collecting pokemonses. As far as I can see it's not much different to train spotting, stamp collecting etc. Largely pointless, but harmless and if you enjoy it, why not do it?

Kulverstukas
23rd Jul 2016, 12:39
but harmless

Post #9 for example

Blues&twos
23rd Jul 2016, 13:56
Yes, well, that sort of thing is the fault of the driver, not the activity. If he'd been watching a DVD or knitting whilst driving he'd have had the accident too. Or sticking stamps in an album, for that matter....

PAXfips
23rd Jul 2016, 14:02
Yes, well, that sort of thing is the fault of the driver, not the activity. If he'd been watching a DVD or knitting whilst driving he'd have had the accident too. Or sticking stamps in an album, for that matter....
One can do all of the above just anywhere - but pokemon-go requires that you go into certain places in the real world.

Friend of mine has a so called "poke-stop" in front of his house. Which is a "gathering spot" for these "things" and their hunters. Partly groups of ten or more crowding around.

Madness.

Blues&twos
23rd Jul 2016, 19:03
I can see that being a bit of a pain in the arse.

SpringHeeledJack
23rd Jul 2016, 20:49
I read last week of a man who was with his elderly father visiting the grave of his recently deceased wife, somewhere in Montreal, and there were several muppets chasing these Pokemons around the graveyard and……one of the muppets asked them would they mind moving to the side as they were blocking the effective catching of said Pokemon. You couldn't make it up. I'm not sure i'd have been able to remain calm had that happened to me. I've seen plenty of people looking zombie-like at their electronic comfort blankets perhaps more avidly than normal whilst walking around the last 2 weeks, no doubt they were 'at it'. This is just the beginning of these bloody things I fear.

VP959
23rd Jul 2016, 21:15
Within days of this game rolling out here there were accidents. It won't take long before there are serious injuries, maybe deaths. When that happens, what's the betting that a no-win, no-fee, lawyer takes up a case against the game manufacturer for negligence? ("hold harmless" clauses are an unfair contract term in English law, I believe).

I'm no fan of the litigious society we now live in, and very definitely not a fan of no-win, no-fee lawyers, bu in this case, if they make an idiot games manufacturer see sense then I'm all for them.

Blues&twos
23rd Jul 2016, 22:17
But that's my point...it's not the game's fault. A sensible person could happily play the game and remain safe and respectful of others. Common sense.
Give a less-sensible person ANYTHING and they will eventually use it in a stupid way.
I'm sure that if a car driver turned onto a railway track following their satnav instructions, most on here would be highly critical of said driver. We wouldn't all be clamouring for satnavs to be banned or their manufacturers to be sued.

SpringHeeledJack
24th Jul 2016, 10:22
I'd wholeheartedly agree with most things used by sensible persons are harmless, but, and this is just my personal observation, the smartphone/tablet obsessed seem to lose their sense and perhaps these devices are designed to be addictive and those who succumb are that way inclined, those that are not, look on in bewilderment. Here's two who are the former….

Canadian teens distracted by Pokemon Go game inadvertently leave country | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704907/Two-Canadian-teens-distracted-Pokemon-game-inadvertently-leave-country-picked-border-patrol.html)

Kulverstukas
24th Jul 2016, 11:34
are designed to be addictive

They use same soul strings as gambling. For same purpose - extract money from players. I can't see any difference. But gambling is banned in most civilized countries or put into controlled reservations.

Geordie_Expat
24th Jul 2016, 18:37
But gambling is banned in most civilized countries ......

I wish gambling was banned in Russia then maybe online poker would not be plagued by the Russians.

Kulverstukas
24th Jul 2016, 18:41
I wish gambling was banned in Russia

It is. Except for some "gambling zones", gambling is illegal in RF.

Kulverstukas
25th Jul 2016, 22:59
Russian student Grigory, 19 y.o., became World Champion of Pokémon game (https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Flenta.ru%2Fnews%2F2016%2F07%2F26%2Fhighscore %2F). I wonder if they will found some dope in his pee...

Una Due Tfc
25th Jul 2016, 23:56
The further players walk, the more pokejerks they catch. If it gets kids off the couch and out exercising I'm all for it.

My only concerns would be A: making sure the kids stay safe, keep alert of their surroundings and B: their data bills.

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 01:29
My kids play. It gets them out of the house and give them lots of exercise.

I have taken to walking with them - to keep an eye on them and also for some exercise for myself.

Interesting to see that according to the game that, in order to hatch the 'eggs', the kids have to walk a set distance (1km, 5km, or 10km depending on the egg type).

Like a lot of things with raising children, a bit of parenting involvement does wonders to the safety and the quality of the child rearing experience.

MrSnuggles
26th Jul 2016, 10:12
Damn. I want to pokemon too! My phone is too old for that, it's an iPhone 4 with iOS 7. I can't install iOS 8 because it's not compatible! Argh, my #firstworldproblems are immense!

Axerock
26th Jul 2016, 10:45
I feel you pain Mr Snuggles.

Just discussed it with my 15yo son. We think that we can come up with a spec sheet for a 'real life' pokemon game.

Something like going though the shopping mall to find different characters each worth different values. For example get points finding an obnoxious child, screaming baby, man with a beard, granny etc.

Not sure what to do with them all once you capture them. But I have sent off to Josef Frtizl for his ideas and a copy of his building plans.

MrSnuggles
26th Jul 2016, 10:59
Ouch, Axerock, that's some black humour you've got going on right there!

IFMU
26th Jul 2016, 11:58
There is always Redneck Pokeman
https://youtu.be/j-s5DjgTkAc

Kulverstukas
3rd Aug 2016, 20:35
-Z0Pnuo75ys