PDA

View Full Version : Damned Yahoo Chromium Browser

Fareastdriver
20th Jul 2016, 19:06
I was trying to install a card game and was been fending off all the Disc cleaners, and other junk programs but Yahoo's Chromium browser has wriggled in. I have tried uninstalling it but it won't go. It even plants it's top line on my desktop.

How do I get rid of it and if I can't who do I sue.

andytug
20th Jul 2016, 19:49
Malwarebytes or Spybot Search and Destroy should shift it if it's a BHO/adware nasty.

vulcanised
21st Jul 2016, 11:26
Yahoo's Chromium browser

Think you'll find that's Google, not Yahoo.

crablab
22nd Jul 2016, 11:31
Think you'll find that's Google, not Yahoo.

I'd also doubt it's Chromium since that's the open source project as opposed to Google's fork.

Fareastdriver
22nd Jul 2016, 13:28
It was Chromium with a yahoo search engine. It comes up with a yahoo search page whilst the desktop is loading. It was thrust upon me whilst looking for contract bridge game. There is a few websites describing it and how to remove it. http://guides.uufix.com/how-to-remove-chromium-browser-from-pcs/

I got rid of the permanent toolbar of my desktop by finding Wadd in my programme list so that was easy to uninstall. Chromium, however, was a different story.

At first there was no reaction to the uninstall button. After a couple of tries it came up with that there was not an administrators authority, or something like that. Eventually I found the files in the C folders, right clicked and deleted them one by one.

All gone now.

vulcanised
22nd Jul 2016, 14:19
Since you've done it that way there are bound to be hidden bits left over.

Suggest you download and run TweakNow Reg cleaner. It will do lots of other things too - but only if you tell it to, and not by default.