PDA

View Full Version : French helicopter shot down near Benghazi

pzu
20th Jul 2016, 14:59
Libya attack: French soldiers killed in Benghazi helicopter crash - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36843186)

RIP

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

Lonewolf_50
20th Jul 2016, 16:24
Our brothers in arms, at least in spirit. They are out there in hot and difficult places, doing the dirty work. It's dangerous, as it has ever been.
RIP, compagnons d'armes

From the article that reported the loss ...
Mr Le Foll, in an interview with France Info radio on Wednesday, said French special forces were in Libya to "ensure that France is present everywhere in the fight against terrorism".
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
But in a new report to be presented to the UN Security Council, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said IS was facing the "distinct possibility" of defeat in its last Libyan stronghold of Sirte. Let's hope so. The crew just lost were doubtless out there trying to make that dream come true.

LLuCCiFeR
20th Jul 2016, 17:48
Our brothers in arms, at least in spirit. They are out there in hot and difficult places, doing the dirty work. It's dangerous, as it has ever been.
RIP, compagnons d'armes

So what were they doing there in the first place? Oh wait! I know! "Spreading peace and democracy" I guess.

We used to be able to fly over Libya without any problems whatsoever, and even operated flights to Tripoli and a mate of mine has been plenty of times to Benghazi. All without a problem before the war for "regime change" started.

And look what's left of it now...all just because Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama wanted to do some "nation building" and NATO and the EU wanted to have some target practice and rob Libya's oil.

Just like Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, Libya has become a complete mess thanks to the foreign policy of western nations.

Sure, Qaddafi was no saint, but neither are the heads of state (read: dictators) in many other Middle Eastern countries that the west refers to as "Allies." :hmm:

Reading tip: Sloughing towards Sirte, NATO's war on Libya and Africa. (https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=VsT_VvbcLqeH8QeZgr_4Cg&gws_rd=cr&fg=1#newwindow=1&q=slouching+towards+sirte)