PDA

View Full Version : Fate of Ec 225 Pilots

gnow
19th Jul 2016, 13:21
It has been more than 10 weeks since the grounding of our beloved aircraft. Most of us are keeping our fingers crossed that we will soon be flying again. Some of us had began looking at other companies but with the current oil prices things do not look so bright esp with the more senior pilots. I am lucky (up to now) in the sense we just loose our productivity allowance for not needed to come to office (quite a bit!) but we really don't know what is the management's next move.

I believe there are more than 200 Ec225s operating in the world so there will be at least 1000 current Ec 225 pilots who are on "gardening leave". Tell us what your company is going to do with the Ec225 pilots and what you plan to do as an individual. If I were younger I would definitely go fixed wing and join the airlines!

helicrazi
19th Jul 2016, 15:00
Think you will find most have already been moved onto other aircraft and an unfortunate minority has been made redundant

aheoe26104
19th Jul 2016, 15:02
I for one, am sitting at home. Company let us go. Jobless, early retirement...

GoodGrief
19th Jul 2016, 16:26
It trickles down to small bird drivers too...

SASless
19th Jul 2016, 20:20
Does not the License have "Pilot" on it and somewhere in the minor print have "225" amongst some other alpha-numeric codes displayed?

If you get too specialized you can find the Resume does not take long to read or consider.

But then I never went without a job even during downturns although I did get to do the Fun, Travel, and Adventure thing a couple of times.

I always considered the helicopter industry to be just like construction work....Contract to Contract....exactly like so many Operators did.

Jdbelo
19th Jul 2016, 21:23
Unfortunately I was fired from BHS here in Brazil
I sent some CV to another companies but there is no chance nowadays due the economical crise here
I am hoping for better days

gulliBell
20th Jul 2016, 01:37
@SASless post #5

For some reason I find myself agreeing with you yet again.

SuperF
21st Jul 2016, 21:13
they might need to learn how to fly by themselves again. and how to open doors, and guide people in and out of helicopters. some could even try to learn how to use a hook and try to lift things...

you know all those things that the rest of us do...

helicrazi
21st Jul 2016, 21:19
they might need to learn how to fly by themselves again. and how to open doors, and guide people in and out of helicopters. some could even try to learn how to use a hook and try to lift things...

you know all those things that the rest of us do...

:ugh: that really is quite pathetic

driftwood1
21st Jul 2016, 21:28
:ugh: that really is quite pathetic

Completely agree