PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on in the USA?

Simplythebeast
17th Jul 2016, 18:20
Another three officers killed today in Baton Rouge in what appears to be an ambush. Some are not very impressed with the President whos comments in recent incidents have portrayed Police Actions to be racist and have, some believe, contributed to these officers deaths.

AtomKraft
17th Jul 2016, 18:45
Don't blame them for being unimpressed, but if the cops in the US are anything like the cops here.......there may be a grain of truth in Obamas' words

Harley Quinn
17th Jul 2016, 18:53
Don't blame them for being unimpressed, but if the cops in the US are anything like the cops here.......there may be a grain of truth in Obamas' words

State in plain English your prejudice, then hang your head in shame.

Simplythebeast
17th Jul 2016, 18:55
If that was the case in those earlier shootings and that came out of any investigation that would be the time for the President to try to unify his people while the authorities locally dealt with any issues. It is a bit stupid for a President to use language which further fractures relationships between the black community and a majority of Police Officers who put their life on the line to protect all of their communities whatever their race. Some senior Police figures believe Obama has Police blood on his hands because of his reactive and ill thought out comments.

Cazalet33
17th Jul 2016, 18:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnTICkmXEAAv4IT.jpg

Simplythebeast
17th Jul 2016, 19:20
Some vile comments on Twitter from 'Black Lives Matter' members re the deaths of those officers. Unbelievable.

meadowrun
17th Jul 2016, 19:43
Sure black lives matter, but the crucial point missed is that "all lives matter" and that makes BLM a political and an inherently racist organization.

RUCAWO
17th Jul 2016, 20:00
Police lives matter.

ORAC
17th Jul 2016, 20:29
The author of the paper is African-American.....

Harvard Study Finds Police Shoot More White Suspects than Black Ones | Big Think (http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/test-9)

Kulverstukas
17th Jul 2016, 20:36
Police Shoot More White Suspects than Black Ones

Police shoot more suspects than makes sense in normal country.

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 20:48
If people have this second amendment right to use guns to protect themselves from the state why is there surprise when this actually happens?

If being black puts you at risk of being shot dead by a policeman for "looking a bit black" it is surely not astonishing if black people start using their constitutional right to defend themselves against people who "look a bit like policemen"?

Nothing to see here folks, not a big deal, just business as usual in the land of the free.

meadowrun
17th Jul 2016, 20:50
Makes sense when there are more guns on the street than in a normal country.
Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Gertrude the Wombat
The author of the paper is African-American.....

Harvard Study Finds Police Shoot More White Suspects than Black Ones | Big Think (http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/test-9)
Yeahbut you may be forgetting we're now in the era of post-facts-politics, it doesn't actually matter what's true, it only matters what people feel.

Cazalet33
Part of the problem is the insane American mental sickness that believes that guns and more guns are a solution to interpersonal conflicts.

obgraham
17th Jul 2016, 20:57
All a matter of perception, Cazalet.

That woman in your picture is obviously resisting those three cops. So they brought in backup. Did the job safely, nobody shot.

(based on the thickness of prooners, perhaps I need to add some sort of "emoji" here!

racedo
17th Jul 2016, 21:03
Were I black living in the United States from whom have I greatest risk of being murdered

Ku Klux Clan ?

Police ?

Other Blacks ?

Black people have killed more black people than the Clan and Police put together in the last 75 years,

Kulverstukas
17th Jul 2016, 21:06
I think from cars. Cars killed more black people, than black people, white people, the Clan and Police put together

bcgallacher
17th Jul 2016, 21:06
Putting the blame on the President for these incidents is laughable - you have an extremely disgruntled section of an armed society so it is not surprising that a few of the armed millions decide to take matters into their own hands.

Stanwell
17th Jul 2016, 21:09
Nonetheless, that pic is one that's going to be around for a long time - to be used by both sides of the argument.

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 21:12
I think from cars. Cars killed more black people, than black people, white people, the Clan and Police put together
Again, that's "facts", and #brexit shows that facts no longer have any place in modern politics.

Besides, what's supposed to be the difference between saying "cars kill people" and "guns kill people"? - in all cases it's people killing people, but they find it very considerably easier with cars and guns than with bicycles and fists.

Cazalet33
17th Jul 2016, 21:19
I think that photograph will become almost iconic.

It's a direct equivalent of the guy in Tianenmen Square standing in front of the tanks.

Calm peaceful dignity in the face of appalling militarism and brutality.

Kulverstukas
17th Jul 2016, 21:20
in all cases it's people killing people

Naw, from now on it will be teslas killing people.

Kulverstukas
17th Jul 2016, 21:22

People have short memory. This photo is almost 50 years old...

http://gothicsstyle.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/draft_lens66-5.jpg

SASless
17th Jul 2016, 21:51
If you think Obama is not a Racist....ask yourself how he would have acted had the BLM and New Black Panthers been a White Supremacist Group and the KKK?

Do you think he would have hesitated one second to order the US DOJ and every Federal Law Enforcement Agency to go after them and destroy them?

Obama showed his true colors during the Skippy Gates Beer Summit escapade where he got ahead of the facts when he accused the Cambridge Police of "acting stupidly".

Trace every sad episode of his commentary following every event that has occurred in which he take advantage of to excite racial discord in this Country and make up your own mind about his conduct.

Presidential he has not been....not by a long shot when it comes to Racial Harmony.

meadowrun
17th Jul 2016, 21:53

Yes it probably will.

Too bad it was staged (not the police, but certainly her and her photographer).

fujii
17th Jul 2016, 21:53
I see from posts 17 and 18 the KKK has now become the KKC. I suppose next it will be KFC or is that already taken?

SASless
17th Jul 2016, 22:00
The KKC is the Scottish Branch primarily in South Carolina.

Some background to the Baton Rouge Shootings.

Reckon there might be mere coincidence between this Warning and this Morning's attack on Police Officers.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/FOUO-FBI-SIR-planned-protests-and-Violence-Against-LE-Louisiana-8-July....pdf.pdf

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 22:08
Too bad it was staged (not the police, but certainly her and her photographer).
If true (and remember we're in post-facts-politics) so what? - the so what is that if the police were stupid enough to fall for it then that is a legitimate subject for the photo in itself.

I am reminded that the National Media Museum, when it was called something rather longer-winded in the 1980s, had "the camera always lies" as its strapline - this doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Said museum being in Bradford, and I remember one night when trouble had been predicted I saw dozens of police in riot gear ... sitting in minibuses in a back street. From where they went home, in due course, without getting out of the buses, as the predicted "trouble" turned out not to need a paramilitary response. How much different might that have been had they not remained in their buses, I wonder.

The Sultan
17th Jul 2016, 22:09
Simply

Report indicate that it looks like a right wing (probably white Trumper) in BR. One of the Bundy types. Likes guns hate police. It always takes longer to id the shooter if white.

The Sultan

SASless
17th Jul 2016, 22:17
I just listened to the Official Press Conference live on TV.....now exactly where did you get that bit of horse shit?

No Description was given....beyond that of clothing and the weapon being a "Rifle".

The Briefer was the Colonel in charge of the Louisiana State Police, and was assisted by several of the Sheriff's and the Police Chief involved in the Investigation along with the State Governor.

The Colonel said unless it comes from him or one of the Sheriff's or the Chief....it should be considered unverified and unreliable.

There will be another Briefing at 1300 Local Time Tomorrow.

Do stay tuned.

There is a news report.....but I will stick with the Colonel's Presser until he reports otherwise.

But....contrary to the Sultan's not so accurate offering....the dead gunman is a 29 Year Old Black Male from Kansas City per this news article.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-suspects-information/

Cazalet33
17th Jul 2016, 22:24
The Colonel said unless it comes from him or one of the Sheriff's or the Chief....it should be considered unverified and unreliable.

Sound familiar?

meadowrun
17th Jul 2016, 22:29
One bright and sunny morning, around 0900, in Louisiana, three gunmen in all black clothes and black balaclavas started shooting people.

Someone at the briefing got the uniform of the day for blending in all wrong.

somethingclever
18th Jul 2016, 00:26
Where were the armed good guys? They never seem to be around do they. Mass-shooting after mass-shooting and the good guys with guns are never there. It's always the police who kills the suspect, or the suspect shoots himself. Or, herself, let's not be misogynistic here.

The NRA fans always like to play that card. "Oh, if only everyone within a mile had been armed that psycho would never have gotten more than one round off. Nooo someone would have shot him you see, ah where are all the good guys with guns when you need them..." Really? How come that never happens? Name me one case when some rampaging loony tune is cut down by a helpful NRA man before he can do any damage.

Because you'd think that, with all the shootings every year, you would get one little sunshine story. Right? "Man with arsenal at school shot dead by janitor. All children safe". Never happens. Not once. It's a bullsh*t theory. And in real life what would happen is the janitor would unload a clip into the dry wall and get shot dead, or he would shoot some guy with his hands in his pockets and go to jail for ever. "Janitor kills head master's son in law" followed by neighbours talking about how he was always such a quiet man and a little odd.

Well, anyway, ya'll just keep fighting that fire with fire. But please don't bitch and moan when the end result is heat.

John Hill
18th Jul 2016, 00:30
Yeabut how do we know how many evil sorts stay home watching TV and drinking beer, safe at home because they are too scared to go out on the lam when there might be an armed citizen to take them out?

Have you ever thought how much worse it would be without all those lolly pop girls and librarians who are packing heat for the safety of us all?

The system is working they just need a few more guns.

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 01:38
I fail to see where our President is saying anything that would fuel further racism and embolden blacks into shooting police (or others).

Louisiana Shooting:
"I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge," Obama said in his statement. "For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault. These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of the law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop."

The president offered support to law enforcement and said "justice will be done" in light of this tragedy.

"We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement," he said. "These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one. They right no wrongs. They advance no causes."

Obama at memorial service for victims of the Orlando Shooting:
Now, if we’re honest with ourselves, if in fact we want to show the best of our humanity, then we’re all going to have to work together at every level of government, across political lines, to do more to stop killers who want to terrorize us. We will continue to be relentless against terrorist groups like ISIL and Al Qaida.

We are going to destroy them. We are going to disrupt their networks and their financing and the flow of fighters in and out of war theaters. We’re going to disrupt their propaganda that poisons so many minds around the world.

We’re going to do all that. Our resolve is clear. But given the fact that the last two terrorist attacks on our soil, Orlando and San Bernardino, were home-grown, carried out it appears not by external plotters, not by vast networks, or sophisticated cells, but by deranged individuals warped by the hateful propaganda that they had seen over the Internet, then we’re going to have to do more to prevent these kinds of events from occurring.

It’s going to take more than just our military. It’s going to require more than just our intelligence teams. As good as they are, as dedicated as they are, as focused as they are, if you have lone wolf attacks like this, hatched in the minds of a disturbed person, then we’re going to have to take different kinds of steps in order to prevent something like this from happening.

Now, those who were killed and injured here were gunned down by a single killer with a powerful assault weapon. The motives of this killer may have been different than the mass shooters in Aurora or Newtown. But the instruments of death were so similar. And now another 49 innocent people are dead; another 53 are injured; some are still fighting for their lives; some will have wounds that will last a lifetime.

We can’t anticipate or catch every single deranged person that may wish to do harm to his neighbors or his friends or his coworkers or strangers. But we can do something about the amount of damage that they do. Unfortunately, our politics have conspired to make it as easy as possible for a terrorist or just a disturbed individual like those in Aurora and Newtown to buy extraordinarily powerful weapons, and they can do so legally.

Memorial Service in Dallas:
I know that Americans are struggling right now with what we’ve witnessed over the past week. First, the shootings in Minnesota and Baton Rouge, the protests. Then the targeting of police by the shooter here, an act not just of demented violence, but of racial hatred.

All of it has left us wounded and angry and hurt. This is — the deepest faultlines of our democracy have suddenly been exposed, perhaps even widened. And although we know that such divisions are not new, though they’ve surely been worse in even the recent past, that offers us little comfort.

Faced with this violence, we wonder if the divides of race in America can ever be bridged. We wonder if an African American community that feels unfairly targeted by police and police departments that feel unfairly maligned for doing their jobs, can ever understand each other’s experience.

We turn on the TV or surf the internet, and we can watch positions harden and lines drawn and people retreat to their respective corners, and politicians calculate how to grab attention or avoid the fallout. We see all this, and it’s hard not to think sometimes that the center won’t hold and that things might get worse.

I understand. I understand how Americans are feeling. But Dallas, I’m here to say we must reject such despair. I’m here to insist that we are not as divided as we seem. And I know that because I know America. I know how far we’ve come against impossible odds. (APPLAUSE)

SASless
18th Jul 2016, 02:54
All of this is so sad that good men and women serving their communities as Police Officers are falling victim to premeditated Murder resulting from Politicians and shameful Race Baiters inflaming racial tensions in the United States.

That they celebrate the murder of these Officers makes it very plain what is wrong with the Black Lives Matter Movement.

Do you think we shall hear Mr. Obama speak to this sad situation and tell BLM how wrong they are for what they do?

Violence and Racism by anyone or any group is morally reprehensible.

One of the last Face Book posts by Montrell.

“I’ve experienced so much in my short life and the past 3 days have tested me to the core,” he wrote. “I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me. In uniform I get nasty hateful looks and out of uniform some consider me a threat.
Please don’t let hate infect your heart. This city MUST and WILL get better. I’m working in these streets so any protesters, officers, friends, family, or whoever, if you see me and need a hug or want to say a prayer I got you.”

Baton Rouge Shooting: Three Police Officer Victims Identified - Us Weekly (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/baton-rouge-shooting-three-police-officer-victims-identified-w429559)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnl41LWUkAE1T6_.jpg

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 03:13
Do you think we shall hear Mr. Obama speak to this sad situation

Our President has already spoken and a pertinent excerpt is in included in the quote right above your post SAS:

"We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement," he said. "These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one. They right no wrongs. They advance no causes."

From last year, Obama expands on his thoughts on the movement:

"So the notion was that somehow saying 'black lives matter' was reverse racism or something. And whenever we get bogged down in that kind of discussion, we know where that goes. That's just down the old trap," he added. "Everyone understands that all lives matter. Everybody wants strong, effective law enforcement. Everybody wants their kids to be safe when they're walking to school."

Axerock
18th Jul 2016, 03:15
Black lives matter - unless it is the life of a police officer. Apparently police officers do not count as black - they just count as targets.

So. in my tiny little mind, it seems to be a protest against authority rather than a real concern for black lives or in fact for any lives. Or perhaps it is a case of the mentally challenged who are socially disaffected and who are trying to enhance their manhood by letting rip at the unsuspecting with their 2nd amendment penis extenders.

In any case, sympathies to the families of those who are left behing - black, white, police, and civilian.

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 03:37
Or perhaps it is a case of the mentally challenged who are socially disaffected and who are trying to enhance their manhood by letting rip at the unsuspecting with their 2nd amendment penis extenders.

You're a writer for Bill Maher, aren't you AR? :D

mickjoebill
18th Jul 2016, 05:00
At the Trump convention this week knives and glass bottles are prohibited but open carry guns 'n ammo are allowed.

Mickjoebill

Simplythebeast
18th Jul 2016, 06:29
Baton Rouge shooting: 3 officers dead; shooter was Missouri man, sources say - CNN
https://apple.news/A_INd7td5SbuRA4v32hlYAA

obgraham
18th Jul 2016, 07:26
At the Trump convention this week knives and glass bottles are prohibited but open carry guns 'n ammo are allowed.
Actually, they're not, but don't let the facts interfere with an agenda.

ExXB
18th Jul 2016, 08:44
obgraham - open and licensed concealed carry guns are permitted in the area surrounding the Conventional hall (inside the hall guns are banned but by the Secret Service).

Tennis balls and soup cans, however, are banned in both areas.

Train wreck waiting to happen ...

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 09:09
Unless the head of the Cleveland Police Union has his way. This man requested the governor of Ohio rescind the "Open carry" statute for the duration of the convention. His reasoning? Fears of gun violence breaking out and endangering Cleveland's Police officers.

Incidentally, this is the same man that was featured on Facks News recently, blathering on about how the racial issues in America are Obama's fault.

On another tangent, one wonders if ripe tomatoes or eggs are on the prohibited items list for the convention hall. Orange wigs? Orangutan costumes? Rolls of "TP"? I'll stop...

MrSnuggles
18th Jul 2016, 10:07
Damn it Murica!

The more cars you have, the more people are killed by cars. Before 1870 noone was ever killed by a car.

The more guns you have, the more people are killed by guns. Before 1570 noone was killed by a gun.

In Murica logic, cars are more regulated then guns. You do the math.

And what's with this "if you value THIS then you are hating on THAT" attitude? Are you insane? You absolutely can value BOTH black people AND cops. Why is that so hard for many to understand?

Life is not an XOR, you morons, that is just for digital engineers to worry about. You don't live in a Boolean world.

"President Obama justifies murdering of cops" - utter bollocks and shameless rat vomit. He doesn't live in the XOR world that some Murica citizens seem to prefer.

I am intrigued to hear what anyone would say about a murdered black cop.

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 10:27
In Murica logic, cars are more regulated then guns. You do the math.

The trend shows soon more Americans will be killed by guns than automobile accidents. In 2014, the numbers were nearly equal.

Life is not an XOR, you morons, that is just for digital engineers to worry about. You don't live in a Boolean world.

Unfortunately, there is no gray for an all too large proportion of voters here in the land of the cousins, and politicians and their strategists understand this. That group of nefarious folks, along with mass media's quest for ratings (and therefore more money) has eroded the average American's apparent capacity to understand nuance. News organizations used to be the loss makers in the corporate structures of a network - now they're not. Money has corrupted this and more.

Cazalet33
18th Jul 2016, 10:27
Before 1600 noone was killed by a gun.

Once upon a time I owned a commercial property in Linlithgow High Street. Immediately in front of the property was the exact spot where Earl Moray, Regent of Scotland, was the first recorded victim of assassination by gunfire. 23 January 1570.

Plenty of people had been killed by guns over the previous few hundred years of course, but this was the first known and recorded assassination of a major political figure by use of a gun.

charliegolf
18th Jul 2016, 10:40
Sure black lives matter, but the crucial point missed is that "all lives matter" and that makes BLM a political and an inherently racist organization.

There is a logic in that sentence, I'm sure, but I am bu**eredif I can work it out.

CG

Lonewolf_50
18th Jul 2016, 14:20
I am intrigued to hear what anyone would say about a murdered black cop. The BLM crowd try not to acknowledge that such people exist. For contrast, check out the story in Baltimore from last year and the slow but sure acquittal of the cops in that case. (The last two acquitted were black men who were Baltimore cops .. did you notice how the media and the pundits didn't bother to cover that? ). The American media tries to paint this as a black and white issue, when the truth of the matter is that there a lot of black cops. (Unlike in the 60's when the last "kill the pigs" craze went rumbling through our culture, when there were very few black cops at all). I will not comment further, as my brother in law is a career cop and I get my back up about some of the current rhetoric.

SASless
18th Jul 2016, 15:22
Lone,

In the early 70's my Riding Partner and I were the first "Salt and Pepper" Car in the Department other than when a Black Officer was in training with his Training Officer.

He is still a close friend as when you share experiences as we did it forges a very close and strong bond.

His response to "Hey Brother...." Was "My Brothers wear Blue Suits....".

Cazalet33
18th Jul 2016, 21:01
A very interesting documentary:

BBC iPlayer - NYPD: Biggest Gang in New York? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p040v890/nypd-biggest-gang-in-new-york)

Viewers accessing from outside the UK may need to use one of those free VPNs.

Viewers of a closed mind need not apply.

Lonewolf_50
18th Jul 2016, 22:45
Piers Morgan, daring to criticize the moronic celebrities who sound off during tragedies (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3696023/PIERS-MORGAN-s-rage-Montrell-Beyonce-don-t-black-lives-matter-cops.html). Good for him.