PDA

View Full Version : Trucks

fujii
15th Jul 2016, 22:50
Following the 2001 attacks in the USA, we were required to fit anti theft devices to our aircraft. Whilst complying, I also placed a sticker on my aircraft suggestion that terrorists steal a truck as they didn't need to fly, could carry more, position it more easily and do more damage.

During the pre Commonwealth Games security checks, the Federal Police who saw it thought it amusing.

Following the Nice attack, imagine the uproar if truck owners were required to fit similar devices.

muddergoose
15th Jul 2016, 23:48
You raise a valid point fujii. I can't wait to see what spin the law makers and politicians use to distance aviation from this act if any.:rolleyes:

Flying Binghi
16th Jul 2016, 00:15
I can see the bumper stickers now...

Who needs a gun when you've got a truck

I own a truck and I vote

You can have my steering wheel when you take it from my cold dead hands

fujii, lets not fergett all that sercurity fencing. The local truck stops will need 6' high fencing now.
Perhaps I'll need to chain link fence that farm shed with the 47 Fargo parked inside..:ooh:

The bureaucratic knee-jerk opertoonitys are boundless..:hmm:

truthinbeer
16th Jul 2016, 00:29
ASICs will fix the problem. :rolleyes:

rutan around
16th Jul 2016, 01:51
The driver in the Nice attack drove trucks for a living so all the ASIC's and 6ft high fences in the world would not have prevented his rampage. However I'm sure this inconvenient fact won't prevent the alphabet soup of Australian Security groups bringing down upon us a deluge of useless fencing and useless TSIC's.*
After all their Government overlords told them to do 'SOMETHING' not 'SOMETHING EFFECTIVE'

* Truck Security Identification Card ($500 every 2 years thanks)

pilotchute
16th Jul 2016, 22:24
The truck security card already exists! It's called an MSIC. Only works if you go in and out of sea ports though. Also, it's $290 not $500

TBM-Legend
16th Jul 2016, 22:58
Don't mention car bombs either>>>

Rodney Rotorslap
16th Jul 2016, 23:07
New growth industry for protecting closed street events - bulldozer hire.

Flying Binghi
17th Jul 2016, 00:12
islamic nutter 'inspire magazine' has been pushing using cars and trucks as killing machines so I guess we will see a lot more of it. (For some reason the pprun mods keep removing all the references I post to the nutter magazine)

I'm guessing it wont be long before the local mall resembles the D-day beach landing defences. In the mean time I'll be walking up a mall with an ear to a reving engine and keeping close to the sides of the walkway...

rutan around
17th Jul 2016, 03:26
The truck security card already exists! It's called an MSIC. Only works if you go in and out of sea ports though. Also, it's $290 not $500 Ah Pilotchute I forgot about the MSICs. They caused a great deal of amusement up our way when all the 'working girls' that meet the ships to comfort lonely sailors were forced to carry and display MSICs. There are a fair few of them so obviously bulk buying of MSICs reduces their price.http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

Walking Ballast
17th Jul 2016, 08:44
all the 'working girls' that meet the ships to comfort lonely sailors were forced to carry and display MSICs.Wonder if this would be a Tax deduction?

gerry111
17th Jul 2016, 09:28
"Wonder if this would be a Tax deduction?"

I'm sure that it would be. Providing that the 'working girl' has an ABN and declares her income to the ATO.

Flying Binghi
17th Jul 2016, 23:21
Sitting down to me drum set...

I seem to recall that when these silly ASIC's, fences, etc, were being put forward I were commenting that them islamic nutters didn't have a 'tool fixation', that they would use any tool available to kill them who didn't believe in the islamic fairy tale. Seems I keep getting proved right about about the islamic 'inspired' out-comes..:hmm:

Well, I musta been real smart to foretell the way things are going.... or, is it just that I read some of the huge volume of research available on islamic nutters, and read the actual nutter newsletters, and veiw the islamic nutter youtube vids that are available to all.

I ask the question of those who inflicted Oz aviation with all this ASIC, etc, crap just what idea did they have of the issue ? ...or were they just watching the TV and deciding from that..:hmm:
Seems our current prime minister turnBull is relying upon similar 'advice' or else he would not have recently invited the fag hating, wife beating enthusiast Oz islamic leader to a little get together..:hmm:

underfire
18th Jul 2016, 00:05
https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13659145_1138662926206894_5903614350156731812_n.jpg?oh=da191 f80f39cb28e3e9b853a9b4b4ea5&oe=57F12392

Flying Binghi
18th Jul 2016, 00:29
I see Japanese truck maker Isuzu are offering high powered Allison automatics to their weapons line up..:eek: