PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Liz

NorthernChappie
14th Jul 2016, 16:10
Queen stops at Edinburgh pub for evening meal.

Queen stops at Edinburgh pub for evening meal - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36783979)

er340790
14th Jul 2016, 18:53
Nice one!

But mainly because it reminds me of the song we used to sing about Sunderland Manager, Peter Reid..... "Peter Reid! He's got a Monkey's Heid!"

And this being 2016, someone now has it on You Tube. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sa3IAHwlZY

Peter-RB
15th Jul 2016, 14:50
Well then, look out in the Pig & Whistle at Langcliffe.. West Riding,.. Her Maj might be there any time soon..Eh..! ;)

57mm
15th Jul 2016, 15:46
Don't think we'll be seeing her in the Pig & Tape anytime soon......

sidevalve
15th Jul 2016, 16:22
Shock news: Pensioner has meal in pub.

Tankertrashnav
15th Jul 2016, 16:23
I wonder if one left a tip ;)

funfly
15th Jul 2016, 16:59
Shock news: Pensioner has meal in pub.

Shock news: Pensioner on 50M/year state benefits has meal in pub.

Wageslave
15th Jul 2016, 17:33
Shock news: Pensioner on 50M/year state benefits has meal in pub.

Miaow! Saucer of milk dear?

Cazalet33
15th Jul 2016, 17:36
Mebbe she just needed a piss?

Give 'er a break, ferfuxake.

She's getting on a bit and it's the closest bit of porcelain that she knows of to the holy rood.

sitigeltfel
15th Jul 2016, 19:15
Mebbe she just needed a piss?

Give 'er a break, ferfuxake.

She's getting on a bit and it's the closest bit of porcelain that she knows of to the holy rood.

How dare you suggest that HM has the same vulgar bodily functions as us plebs! ;)

G-CPTN
15th Jul 2016, 21:59
How dare you suggest that HM has the same vulgar bodily functions as us plebs! ;)
The Royal wee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we).

Krystal n chips
16th Jul 2016, 06:08
On the, ahem delicate social protocols associated with the passing of bodily fluids, in the mid 70's, little sister, she being noted for her propensity for free loading junkets at the tax payers expense, decided to have a day out to Bruggen.

As ever, the RAF "management" excelled themselves with excessive attention to irrelevant detail.

Thus, a young lady from the then W.R.A.F found herself positioned outside the ladies toilet in the peasants mess. Her mission, it transpired, was to ermm, run the taps, should, clearly unlikely, little sis decide to perform her ablutions so the noise of this function would not be heard by the serfs, vassals and minions engaged in eating.

This wasn't by any chance one of your little gems was it...Siti ?? :E

yellowtriumph
16th Jul 2016, 10:01
On the, ahem delicate social protocols associated with the passing of bodily fluids, in the mid 70's, little sister, she being noted for her propensity for free loading junkets at the tax payers expense, decided to have a day out to Bruggen.

As ever, the RAF "management" excelled themselves with excessive attention to irrelevant detail.

Thus, a young lady from the then W.R.A.F found herself positioned outside the ladies toilet in the peasants mess. Her mission, it transpired, was to ermm, run the taps, should, clearly unlikely, little sis decide to perform her ablutions so the noise of this function would not be heard by the serfs, vassals and minions engaged in eating.

This wasn't by any chance one of your little gems was it...Siti ?? :E
Was that your sister? I'm confused.

Captain Dart
16th Jul 2016, 11:28
Some Japanese toilets automatically run at half flush when sat on, exquisitely timed to that of the average lady's 'tinkle'.

lomapaseo
16th Jul 2016, 14:07
Now that this has lowered into a pissup, the one thing I detest at my age is the sound of another persons pee.

alas It used to be so refreshing

barry lloyd
16th Jul 2016, 23:12
Actually I think Her Maj has made the best quote of the year so far.

On meeting Martin McGuinness recently he said, "How are you?"

"Well, I'm still alive anyway", was the royal reply.

Cazalet33
16th Jul 2016, 23:20
Now that is a classy answer, in the circumstances.

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 10:33
Now that is a classy answer, in the circumstances.
Yes, I suppose my mother could use that line in answer to any enquiry about her health from Germans. (The Germans tried to kill her when she was a child, by dropping bombs on her house. She still gets upset by loud bangs.)

fitliker
17th Jul 2016, 15:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RoMaS1pzOE

One does hope, that none of the Royal party had to use this cludgie or as the young Obiwan used the " Worst Toilet in Scotland .
Please be warned that the video has some very strong language that those who do not keep the company of sailors may find offensive :)

West Coast
17th Jul 2016, 15:27
Glad to see your lot is still worshipping that earth based deity that is the royalty.

Fareastdriver
17th Jul 2016, 16:05
Damned sight cheaper than electing Presidents.

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 16:41
Glad to see your lot is still worshipping that earth based deity that is the royalty.
Better for all than worshipping sky fairies, for any number of reasons, so it could be worse.

hiflymk3
17th Jul 2016, 16:46
A lot of American visitors love that stuff and they spend their money to see it.

West Coast
17th Jul 2016, 20:28
Hifly

Indeed, and if for no other reason then it fills the coffers, May the old bird live on. Realistically that's the payback for the millions spent on providing them the lavish lifestyle they enjoy.

Buster Hyman
17th Jul 2016, 23:06
I wonder how many Pokemons she found.

Gertrude the Wombat
17th Jul 2016, 23:10
the millions spent
We get some of it back - I'm not the only person posting here who's been to a garden party at Buck House. Missed out on the ice cream though - it was a hot day and it all seemed to be gone by the time we found out where it was being served.

Tankertrashnav
17th Jul 2016, 23:49
West Coast To the best of my knowledge HM has never closed a major airport for an hour while her hairdresser gave her a quick $200 trim

Lavish lifestyle? Jeez - when POTUS ventures abroad it's like a royal progress made by a medieval monarch. You're living in a glasshouse there - I should quit throwing stones!

MG23
18th Jul 2016, 02:00
Mark Steyn wrote an article a few months ago, comparing the Queen's motorcade (two cars, I think?) to Hillary Clinton's (dozen or more). And that was before Clinton was even Democrat nominee for President.

West Coast
18th Jul 2016, 02:36
TTN

Why must this be a competition? If you prefer that however, minus all the snide remarks, POTUS is the most powerful person on earth, the queen is good for ribbon cutting at the new hospital.

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 03:10
I recall a visit by HM and HRH many years ago to a little town in the US I used to call home. I was struck by the lack of security - very low-key. I was told that everybody loves the Queen - unlike our President.

US royalty is unfortunately limited to the likes of the Kardashians and pop stars. :rolleyes:

West Coast
18th Jul 2016, 03:21
And the Kennedy family. At least they worked to some degree or another. Sometimes it was against the general good, but they worked.

Peter-RB
18th Jul 2016, 07:08
Hey West Coast,

Should that not read POTUS is the 2nd most powerful..his giant wife I feel is the CO in that outfit..;)

and didn't old Joe K build the family fortunes on illicit Hooch..:suspect:

Axerock
18th Jul 2016, 07:16
How can POTUS be the most powerful man in the world. He cant even get a blow job without being caught.

vapilot2004
18th Jul 2016, 09:33
How can POTUS be the most powerful man in the world. He cant even get a blow job without being caught.

A weakness, in the current state of the American Democracy.

Cazalet33
18th Jul 2016, 09:52

Has Obama been caught?

BillyBob was only caught because he found the only Jewish woman in the world who doesn't know how to get a stain out of a dress.

Tankertrashnav
18th Jul 2016, 10:40
For all the rigmarole and ballyhoo surrounding the presidency I am frequently surprised how impotent the president actually is. The current president has spent years trying to get legislation through which has been continually blocked by the Senate or Congress ( I can never remember which is which). The idea then that he (or she) is the most powerful person on earth seems a hollow claim. The US can certainly argue that it is the most powerful nation on earth (for the time being at least) but it seems to me that its president has no more real personal power than our ribbon-cutting monarch.

barry lloyd
18th Jul 2016, 15:53
Anyone who thinks our monarch just cuts ribbons is very, very wrong. Every day she receives a despatch box similar to the one the Chancellor holds aloft twice a year and I understand she goes through all of it. And that's just the start...

Queen Elizabeth II becomes longest reigning monarch: What does the Queen actually do every day? | People | News | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/queen-elizabeth-ii-becomes-longest-reigning-monarch-what-does-the-queen-actually-do-every-day-10492992.html)

lomapaseo
18th Jul 2016, 16:43
Anyone who thinks our monarch just cuts ribbons is very, very wrong. Every day she receives a despatch box similar to the one the Chancellor holds aloft twice a year and I understand she goes through all of it. And that's just the start...

Queen Elizabeth II becomes longest reigning monarch: What does the Queen actually do every day? | People | News | The Independent

I should have been a king then, I had a job once just like that

er340790
18th Jul 2016, 18:31
and didn't old Joe K build the family fortunes on illicit Hooch.

He was actually privy to knowing which Companies the US Govt would bail-out during the Great Recession and which it would let go bust..... and just happened to have useful holdings in the former. ;)

All PERFECTLY LEGAL back then. No such thing as Insider Trading in that era. :yuk:

er340790
18th Jul 2016, 18:34
I shook hands with the Queen some years back.

I was nauseated... to think I have touched the hand that yanks off Prince Philip!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

West Coast
18th Jul 2016, 20:00
TTN

POTUS isn't without limits, but is still the most powerful man on earth. Not your queen, your PM, not Vlad or anyone else has the immense power he (maybe she soon) has. Not only can he end mankind today, he can cut a ribbon at the new hospital. It's time the concept of royalty goes away. You'll still have your tourists coming to see the artifacts of an era past.

Tankertrashnav
18th Jul 2016, 23:50
Does he really have the final say with his finger on the trigger? I mean really? I've always had the suspicion that there's a general or two in the background who can override him/her if necessary, but who really knows? Does he know do you think? Maybe that red button (or whatever it is) is really just a dummy.

Obviously HM and Theresa May are way down the list - it's well over a century since Britannia ruled the waves after all. But in common with the 42* other other monarchies in the world we rather like our system and have no appetite for electing a political head of state. There is a small republican movement in the country found mainly among the left leaning liberal intelligentsia, but every time there is another jubilee, royal wedding etc they just go into a corner and weep at the sight of half a million or so people thronging The Mall and cheering enthusiastically.

*A figure which surprises a lot of people, maybe because most people can only name a few of the others, and when someone says "the queen" nobody is in any doubt which queen they mean!

(I just thought, it must be odd for Americans to learn that our republicans mainly come from the political left, but please note the small 'r'!)

Una Due Tfc
18th Jul 2016, 23:59
when someone says "the queen" nobody is in any doubt which queen they mean!

Sir Elton?

Gertrude the Wombat
18th Jul 2016, 23:59
The queen does have some power actually - she blocked repeated attempts by Tony Benn, when Postmaster General, to issue postage stamps without the queen's head on.

John Hill
19th Jul 2016, 00:05
POTUS isn't without limits, but is still the most powerful man on earth.

If that is so why has such a succession of them failed to win any wars?

Cazalet33
19th Jul 2016, 02:18
Because so many of the feckers picked such stoopid fights, that's why.

The last 'good' war I can think of was the one to reinstate the corrupt dictatorship of the Sabah clan in Kuwait. That one was legit. All the others, post '45, not so much.

sitigeltfel
19th Jul 2016, 06:41
I shook hands with the Queen some years back.

I was nauseated... to think I have touched the hand that yanks off Prince Philip!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
The reason she always wears gloves is to avoid direct contact with people like you. They are probably taken away at the end of each day, and incinerated (the gloves, that is).

TWT
19th Jul 2016, 06:54
Yes,The Queen would not want to touch the hand that yanks off er340790 :}

Toadstool
19th Jul 2016, 09:05
WC

Don't let your "oirish heritage cloud your judgement. What is it 10, 20, 30% oirish?

Una Due Tfc
19th Jul 2016, 09:28
WC

Don't let your "oirish heritage cloud your judgement. What is it 10, 20, 30% oirish?

Does Liz being 75% German cloud hers?

I don't really know much about Elizabeth, but her Greek second cousin, third cousin and husband seems like a hilarious chap.

Tankertrashnav
19th Jul 2016, 11:16
Well I never knew that about WC's Irish heritage

I'm 50% Irish, and apart from a tendency to talk too much I don't think it shows, and I feel 100% English.

I don't even like Guinness!

HM 75% German? How do you work that out? The Bowes-Lyon family were/are Scottish, with no German ancestry as far as Im aware. That makes the Queen 50% German at the most, but that's not taking into account some Danish, etc.

Una Due Tfc
19th Jul 2016, 11:34
Well I never knew that about WC's Irish heritage

I'm 50% Irish, and apart from a tendency to talk too much I don't think it shows, and I feel 100% English.

HM 75% German? How do you work that out? The Bowes-Lyon family were/are Scottish, with no German ancestry as far as Im aware. That makes the Queen 50% German at the most, but that's not taking into account some Danish, etc.

Apologies, I was trying to be tongue in cheek.

Indeed Liz's great great grandfather, and Philip's great grandfather was a Danish chap. Victoria was great great grandmother to both of them.

Fareastdriver
19th Jul 2016, 14:07
It was easy in the days when royalty was spread all over Europe. Big Ears' problem was that there was an acute shortage of eligible female protestant princesses on tap so he ended up by slumming it.

West Coast
19th Jul 2016, 16:46

Can't stand Guinness either, especially when doing tequila shots in between, but that's another story that still causes involuntary stomach cramps.

My mum was born and raised in the unoccupied part of the island. She is a tremendous fan of the Royals, so assumptions the average paddy is anti royal is simply uneducated.

I believe the king queen thing is past its best used date, based not on my ineage, but on the stupidity of the concept.

Peter-RB
20th Jul 2016, 11:04
Going back Yonks..being the King, just meant you really were the best fighter in the gang, the Queen was merely some good looking Gal gathered along the way.........Then Politics became involved...and rest as they say is history:ok:

PLovett
21st Jul 2016, 01:50
I wonder if one left a tip

Blow that. I want to know whether she shouted the bar?:ok:

wings folded
21st Jul 2016, 16:02
Can't quite see her standing at the bar saying was that a half or a pint Phillip? And extra salad cream on my chips please. Table number is 45

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Jul 2016, 23:32
It was easy in the days when royalty was spread all over Europe. Big Ears' problem was that there was an acute shortage of eligible female protestant princesses on tap so he ended up by slumming it.
I seem to remember that the problem at the time was considered to be a lack of suitable virgins, that being the fundamental criterion for "eligible" - it was not considered proper that anyone should be in a position to say "I ****ed the Queen". In the Paris Match, that would have been, our magazines would not, of course, have printed any such story.

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Jul 2016, 23:37
Can't quite see her standing at the bar saying was that a half or a pint Phillip?
Well, there are various stories floating around of them doing a double act to entertain the natives, I wouldn't put that past them.

Here's one from a Cambridge College:

Master: "Is it OK with you if we put the royal coat of arms in a stained glass window to commemorate your visit?"

Queen: "I'm not sure, we would have to consult the Garter King of Arms ..."

Prince Philip: "Can't you just decide yourself, you are the bloody Queen after all".

Peter-RB
22nd Jul 2016, 10:56
A pal of mine swears blind the HRH and Phil the Greek were in "Yates Wine lodge" about a month ago... their tipple it seems was a Schooner each of " Best Aussie White"

Tankertrashnav
22nd Jul 2016, 17:38
HRH? Phil the Greek?

If you are referring to Her Majesty the Queen and her consort, please note she is just that - HM, not HRH!

Anyway, as is well known, HM's favourite tipple is Gin and Dubonnet, while Prince Phillip is a beer drinker (Boddington's for choice, apparently).

A schooner of "best Aussie white"? I don't think so!