PDA

View Full Version : Can they be serious ?

Outograze
13th Jul 2016, 15:12
Police in Nottinghamshire are to prosecute men who wolf whistle females, my 89 year old granny wonders if in her case she can prosecute citing the equalities act, those who don't. :E

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/13/nottinghamshire-police-becomes-first-force-to-record-misogyny-as/ttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/13/nottinghamshire-police-becomes-first-force-to-record-misogyny-as/

SOPS
14th Jul 2016, 10:24
Haven't they got better things to do, like catch criminals?

747 jock
14th Jul 2016, 12:23
What can possibly be better (in their eyes) of getting a few dozen easy win cases into court?
True, it's won't get any dangerous criminals off the street but at least their arrest and conviction statistics will show a marked improvement.

ATNotts
14th Jul 2016, 13:27
Nottinghamshire Police? No!

They are like Trumptonshire Police, obsessed with speed cameras, and anything else they think they can get an easy nick from, along with, in the case of the former, a decent profit !

I guess this is what you get when PCCs run the police, rather than Chief Constables.

Sue VÍtements
14th Jul 2016, 15:01
Oh. Given the title, I thought this was going to be a thread about making Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary

:mad:

Peter-RB
15th Jul 2016, 14:57
Could the authorities retro fit all their CCTV watch cameras with microphones to catch said whistle(s)... and then how do you make sure its not a Blackbird mimicking the sexually depraved and lustful whistler( not the artist);)

Cazalet33
15th Jul 2016, 15:43
my 89 year old granny wonders if in her case she can prosecute citing the equalities act, those who don't.

I like your granny's style!

I may not like her personally, though I might. I do like her style, though.

vulcanised
15th Jul 2016, 17:38
Meanwhile, in a nearny town, following (another) knife killing, police are cracking down with (another) knife amnesty.

er340790
15th Jul 2016, 18:01
On a similar vein, the Yield (Give Way) sign at the end of our road was replaced last year with a Stop sign. Why? No-one knows. According to all the neighbours, there hasn't been a single accident or even incident. Certainly not in our 12 years or more here.

So, usually towards the end of each month, the Ontario Provincial Police now park a cruiser nearby to catch criminals making the same rolling-stop they have been safely making for decades and fine them up to $200 and 3 demerit points.

The cost of all this: $80-110k p.a. for the officer, $70-80k p.a. for his 'witness' junior officer and something like $120k for their fully kitted cruiser SUV. Add to that the cost to society of all the crimes they are not solving / preventing in the meantime.

They have a 100% crime clear-up :mad: success rate though. :ugh:

newfieboy
15th Jul 2016, 18:11
Good job the RNC in St Johns aren't planning to prosecute wolf whistlers anytime soon as far as I'm aware. We have a pet cockatiel who has been taught by Her indoors and her friends to wolf whistle. Bloody thing sits out on our deck with me when home off a tour in the summer whistling at every cute chick that walks past. We live on the very popular walking trail in the harbour entrance, many peeps a day going by...got me some rather funny looks more than once I can tell ya!!!!!!

Tankertrashnav
15th Jul 2016, 23:16
Anyone care to join me in a class action against all those female journalists who were making salacious remarks about the actor Tom Hiddlestone's bum in that Night Manager thingy a while back.

As a man I felt that the sexual objectification of another man's body was an insult to the whole male sex, and I felt demeaned and soiled.

;)

ShyTorque
15th Jul 2016, 23:59
No, Your honour, although a wolf whistle might have emanated form my garden, it was only because I had my cock (or two) out in the garden..