PDA

View Full Version : Peach Aviation...

on the glide
12th Jul 2016, 11:44
Guys,

Any feedback concerning Peach Aviation process and value numbers during the training,much appreciated.

otg :rolleyes:

CaptainJim
19th Oct 2016, 21:54
How long does JCAB license and check to line take?

jpn crj driver
31st Oct 2016, 04:29
Hey CJ

I am not at Peach but had 3 friends go there, 2 are still there... Peach has one of the quicker JCAB training programs but is still a bit long... Would expect 4-5 months from start to JCAB Linecheck...

Word is there are new T&Cs but I have no details...

The Agencies do the recruiting and you are actually a direct contractor to Peach not thru the agencies... One recruiter I was having dinner with complained Peach was slow to make selections and pilots would have accepted other offers before Peach said yes...

Friend that just left said Peach has large growth plans but will have staffing issues because they are slow to react to current pilot market... As all Japanese airlines...

Best of luck, lots of hiring...

kampie, JpnCrjdriver

bringbackthe80s
4th Nov 2016, 09:26
Thank you for this info.
I thought I read somewhere they increased the training pay, but I can' t find it anymore.
Nice to know you get hired with them directly and that training should be around 6 months...let's see if these new conditions are advertised soon.

RUMBEAR
6th Nov 2016, 01:38
Are you referring to the old "new " Training pay or the new "new" training pay? Conditions are currently under review for improvement. May no news on this will be filtered through to contract companies for a few months yet.

bringbackthe80s
23rd Nov 2016, 13:44
Ok thanks, time will tell then.

Another thing I can' t really understand is (for someone interested in the long term option) why do the offer a 3 year contract with the option of renewal, and not a permanent contract straight away?
This would be another big risk for someone making the jump. Is this the norm in Japan when working directly for a company (i.e. not through agency as contract pilot).

blink
24th Nov 2016, 00:04
No offense to guy's trying to get on with Peach, but have you guy's taken a close look at the T&C's? They are growing for sure, but I say again, have you taken a look at what they are offering? These T&C's are definitely in the bottom 4 contracts in Japan along with Vanilla, Spring, and Jetstar. These LCC's treat you like you are a Low-Cost-Pilot, and in addition to the challenges you encounter flying in Japan, the additional amount of BS you have to put up with is NOT worth this crappy contract that they are offering.

Japan has been on a severe decline this past decade, with conditions either not improving at all, or getting worse; despite the shortage of pilots. You know it's bad when Japanese pilots are all trying to flee Japan. Take a look around and I am sure you can find better options.

bringbackthe80s
24th Nov 2016, 06:18
I understand what you are saying, and a quick example of these better options would be? Somewhere in the middle of China? Middle east?

bringbackthe80s
19th Dec 2016, 05:23
Japan plans more flexible training approach to fast track airline pilots | The Japan Times (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/12/08/national/japan-plans-flexible-training-airline-pilots-bid-speed-captain-qualifications/)

The Dominican
19th Dec 2016, 16:08
The shortage at the LCC level in Japan has nothing to do with training timeframe and everything to do with lousy T&C's........!

You need pilots? You need to increase the pay...., plain and simple.

RUMBEAR
19th Dec 2016, 22:43
That article doesn't sound like it has anything to do with accelerating the training program for a foreign captain to be inducted into a Japanese airline. Looks more like there is changes occurring to allow Japanese airlines to be a little more independent of the regulator and speed up the time it takes a cadet to progress to command.

booze
3rd Apr 2017, 10:06
New t's and c's gents!
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D2388759_07565432_7054978?directDownload=true
What do you think?

bringbackthe80s
3rd Apr 2017, 11:54
Thanks for the link.To be honest I can't see what's changed..120 days off, 5 days sick leave etc.. What exactly has been improved? Pay during training?

booze
3rd Apr 2017, 15:42
I think the total package is up to 14k pm. Wasn't it around 11k before? Anyways, would be nice to see a taxation breakdown on the above...

booze
3rd May 2017, 08:16
Any first hand input from anyone on taxation in Japan? What i've found on the net looks rather complicated and unclear...

RUMBEAR
3rd May 2017, 12:32
Complicated and unclear would describe many things in Japan. Expect about 30-35% deducted in various taxes and social charges.

booze
3rd May 2017, 14:45
Thanks a lot! Cheers!

YFloyd
12th May 2017, 07:11
Any updates on the training period at Peach? Is it still 3-4 months before line check?

RUMBEAR
12th May 2017, 10:47
Training time depends on many variables. They probably quote 6-7 months which can be less if type rated or JCAB licenced. However some variable can extend this time. Everyone has a slightly different experience.

Pilotitan
13th May 2017, 07:16
Hi everyone,

Can anyone provide information on Managment interview and the Simulator check with Peach; what to expect and prepare.?

Thanks very much.

YFloyd
15th May 2017, 06:05
Training time depends on many variables. They probably quote 6-7 months which can be less if type rated or JCAB licenced. However some variable can extend this time. Everyone has a slightly different experience.

Thank you for the reply RB

bringbackthe80s
15th May 2017, 08:40
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/24/business/corporate-business/ana-said-spend-¥100-billion-turn-peach-subsidiary/#.WRlosoFoarU

This can only be good news.

What would be VERY intersting (considering they need new crews) is to see if they will ever come up with a possible move for a (foreign) Peach pilot to mainline ANA...

The Dominican
15th May 2017, 12:05
if they will ever come up with a possible move for a (foreign) Peach pilot to mainline ANA...

Now that was funny....! :=

bringbackthe80s
15th May 2017, 15:33
Think so too, but never say never! They'll have to come up with something if they want to expand..

blue6627
19th May 2017, 09:07
Hey guys can anyone been there or know anything about peach tell me what to expect from a US regional guy? are they currently hiring? whats the deal with non-type rated going in as captain? any info will be much appreciated

Luibar
4th Apr 2018, 22:51
With the merge of Peach and Vanilla will it be any update on the conditions on offer? How is the environment/moral at Peach nowadays?

jpn crj driver
10th Apr 2018, 05:11
Hey guys can anyone been there or know anything about peach tell me what to expect from a US regional guy? are they currently hiring? whats the deal with non-type rated going in as captain? any info will be much appreciated

They were hiring and would expect them to continue... I am not at Peach but have know 4 people who went there... All 4 were USA Regional CRJ guys, the 3 NTR that held JCAB ATPL with time in Japan made it thru... The Non JCAB NTR guy did not make it... That being said having been in Japan 8+ and having friends that have gone to other Japanese Carriers I would say NTR/Non JCAB people would have less than 50% chance of being "Successful" at completing training... The exception being Air Japan... I could never recommend someone with a job coming to Japan on a NTR program, if unemployed sure but leaving a job NO... Just my 02 jpy... Best of luck in the job hunt...

Kampai, Jpncrjdriver

The Dominican
11th Apr 2018, 15:22
Well, I came to Japan as a NTR, DEC...., it is a different training philosophy for sure but not that difficult quite frankly, It is a matter of adjusting yourself to be an actor on a play, people tend to try to perfect the movements and facial expressions when they should be concentrating in knowing the script by heart.

Pretty much the same thing as to why folks get in trouble during training, they want to fly the SIM within 10 feet and be on speed within 5 knots on the second SIM when they should be concentrating at your fullest on the SOP's and calls, if you blow the altitude by 100 feet but they see that you are making an effort into getting all your calls and SOP's just right, they are not worried about you not flying the SIM to precision because they are going to give you tonnes of SIM sessions to get your flying correct, but if by SIM 3-4 you are not getting those calls and procedures correctly, it doesn't matter that you fly the SIM better than the A/P, what they are thinking is not "Wow, he does fly the SIM well" what they are thinking is, "Hum, he is having difficulty with our way"

That is mostly the biggest issue people have, the other one is attitude, If you are the type that is constantly pointing out the way you did it at brand X and asking Why is it done that way here, Japan is not for you.

Arewerunning
14th Apr 2018, 13:16
Anybody actually flying for Peach willing to share same infos on how is the contract?

jpn crj driver
16th Apr 2018, 04:14
Anybody actually flying for Peach willing to share same infos on how is the contract?

If looking for T&C they are available on the CREW website last time I looked...

bringbackthe80s
28th Apr 2018, 09:17
https://newsroom.aviator.aero/peach-aviation-aims-to-reach-50-destinations/

some more ews, and they're talking about long haul

booze
29th Jul 2018, 17:39
Order of 2 A321Neo LR's

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/farnborough-airbus-signs-with-peach-aviation-for-2-a321lrs/

Also, T&C's further improved with the intro of bonuses. Sigma is the agency advertising positions.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Booze

RUMBEAR
30th Jul 2018, 00:10
Bonus ( subject to profit ) has been part of the contract from the beginning. No recent changes. The agencies are only finders! All pilots are employed by the Airline under the same T & C.

booze
31st Jul 2018, 10:32
I see, thanks. Must've glanced over the bonus in the previous info pack, then.

Breakthesilence
5th Sep 2018, 13:11
Hi guys, a very straight question: Is it worth leaving a stable job in Europe to move to Peach Aviation considering the company environment, terms and conditions and life style?

I'm considering them because I'd like to explore a different Country and Continent together with the opportunity to fly a different aircraft type. My wife would come there and she'd like to find a job in Japan.
What I'm afraid of is the rough way to the end of training, I mean, I don't avoid challenges in this career but I would avoid non-sense time wasting.

RUMBEAR
5th Sep 2018, 22:23
I think you just answered your own question!

The Dominican
8th Sep 2018, 12:53
If it is possible to take a leave of absence at your current gig, that would be the best way to venture into something exotic. I'm speaking from experience, when I came to Japan I jumped with both feet and I gave up my seniority number at my carrier, It's my nature to move decisively in any particular direction.

it worked out for me but it could have as easily not worked! Looking back at it, I would have just wait it out and keep my number, specially since I didn't have an immediate need to give it up!

Something to consider.

VintageRed
15th Sep 2018, 20:04
I would say stay away. I just heard from a friend there that the company has put a freeze on annual leave and that they will be removing the commuting benefit and days off.

Smokie
12th Dec 2018, 13:22
Any updates as there was more recruiting recently/this week?
I have a few thousand hours on A320/321 but no LHS. I have LHS time on BAe 146, not the same I know but they are looking for Non Type Rated at the moment and I’m stuck in the middle once again...
Any info gratefully received. ��

RUMBEAR
12th Dec 2018, 19:11
No need for Airbus LHS. You will need 1500hrs Jet command to qualify for NTR. Most applicants are NTR!

volare_737
13th Dec 2018, 06:31
Hi all - quick question. Has anybody checked or has anybody got experience with the tax situation at Peach ? The salary is ok before tax but if one has to pay 40% Tax it does not look so good.

C152R
13th Dec 2018, 22:12
Was just looking at an earlier post where it advised it took 4 to 5 months to complete the course. From what I have heard it could take up to 8 months from start to final JCAB Line Check, assuming an ATPL Line Check is required and passing everything first time with no extra Line Training required to meet the standard.

Secondly looking at the contract posted on the CREW web site. The calculation is based on stick hours of 70 hours a month. Is that the norm? How many hours does one normally fly per year as an ordinary Line Captain?

What are the options of becoming an instructor if one is not Japanese and how long would it take to achieve this if it were possible?

Smokie
14th Dec 2018, 07:28
Rumbear, unfortunately I do do not have 1500 hrs LHS on 146, I as say I’m stuck in the middle once again.

iNCApacitated
7th Jan 2019, 23:18
Does PEACH hire directly or through an agent ? There is a whole webpage and email to submit your documents.

https://www.flypeach.com/pc/en/fm/recruting/how_to_apply_for_a_position

flycold
19th Feb 2019, 01:43
Could somebody shed some lights on Peach Aviation?
I’ve checked updated contract but still not that much clear on it. It would be very appreciated if someone could share any information especially regarding net salary, taxation, consecutive off days per month, typical roster pattern.
Many thanks previously!

RUMBEAR
19th Feb 2019, 06:39
Flycold,

Unfortunately their is nothing typical about the contract. Salary is tied to flight time credits. Credits are accrued in addition to actual flight time for things like sim duty, recurrent ground schools, reserve duty etc. so it’s a matter of doing the maths based on the contract summary. Any month you take some vacation in addition to normal days off means your flight time credits will be low. Anyway take about 30-35% off for tax and that is your net. 70-80 hours would be a “standard” month. Commuters can take a block of 10 days each month, with 24 days annual leave that can be requested in addition during the year. When you are working expect 6 days on and 1 days off. Back to back 10 days ( over two months) can be requested but not guaranteed, That’s about it.

Luibar
19th Feb 2019, 07:44
Peach salary seems to be on the low side 🙁

flycold
19th Feb 2019, 08:53
Flycold,

Unfortunately their is nothing typical about the contract. Salary is tied to flight time credits. Credits are accrued in addition to actual flight time for things like sim duty, recurrent ground schools, reserve duty etc. so it’s a matter of doing the maths based on the contract summary. Any month you take some vacation in addition to normal days off means your flight time credits will be low. Anyway take about 30-35% off for tax and that is your net. 70-80 hours would be a “standard” month. Commuters can take a block of 10 days each month, with 24 days annual leave that can be requested in addition during the year. When you are working expect 6 days on and 1 days off. Back to back 10 days ( over two months) can be requested but not guaranteed, That’s about it.

Thank you very much RUMBEAR!
I think taxation is lowering salary too much.
Then during training period NET salary is around 6100USD.
(assume 8800USD - 30% income tax) is it correct?
And how about housing allowances after line check?
My T&Cs doesn’t mention about any housing support after line check.
Many thanks again!
Cheers! :ok:

RUMBEAR
19th Feb 2019, 10:26
Tax in the first year or two is actually a little less than 30-35%. I won’t try and explain why. It’s complicated! Maybe 20-25% during training.
No housing allowance.

flycold
19th Feb 2019, 12:17
Tax in the first year or two is actually a little less than 30-35%. I won’t try and explain why. It’s complicated! Maybe 20-25% during training.
No housing allowance.

Anyway not a big differences. Still around 6600USD. :eek:
Many thanks RUMBEAR!

Luke SkyToddler
20th Feb 2019, 02:29
So all these agencies throwing the Peach contract around, and with the standard example showing 1,420,000 JPY for a typical month ... that's BEFORE tax? Have to subtract a third of it for nett in the hand? Surely not :eek:

Jrossi7
3rd Mar 2019, 18:32
We know Peach does’t pay much, maybe it is regular payment same as japanese that btw helps expat be less discriminated.
I read the discrimination for foreign pilots in Japan is not a small issue, unless in Jetstar airways in Tokyo.
I would like to know if it is the same issue in Osaka with Peach aviation.

samurai
28th Jun 2019, 23:51
Any feedback for roster for expats or/and locals? Do you come back to KIX Osaka every day?
I am really tired of being away from home long time......
Btw, I am a Nihon Jin working for a Japanese airline.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Samurai

VintageRed
29th Jun 2019, 10:32
Any feedback for roster for expats or/and locals? Do you come back to KIX Osaka every day?
I am really tired of being away from home long time......
Btw, I am a Nihon Jin working for a Japanese airline.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Samurai

Most flight patterns have a layover or two, the training schedule consumes most of the day trips.

samurai
29th Jun 2019, 14:10
Most flight patterns have a layover or two, the training schedule consumes most of the day trips.

Thank you very much, VintageRed.