PDA

View Full Version : Dallas south to SKBO help

WallyBallbearing
10th Jul 2016, 04:16
Hey Fellas:

I'm having trouble finding the procedures for crossing Cuba and Jamaica airspace on my way to South America. I thought I would see the frequencies and procedures on the High Level IFR charts but don't (electronic version). We use the iPads and I don't see it (readily) on that either.

Would someone be able to help me out here?

Thanks

surveytheworld
10th Jul 2016, 13:06
I'm not sure if I exactly understand your question.... are you fuel stopping or just going non-stop Dallas to Bogota?

My info is from doing this a few times in a C404 and then a DH7, so IFR but not in high level airspace, and via Florida; I always just overflew Cuba with stops in Jamaica/Bahamas as necessary.

You'll obviously need to get your overflight permits; the last time I made this trip was a couple of years ago, and I think Cuba needed approx 48h notice (we used Flight Plan Solutions for this; he also did our APIS for us where necessary, so super easy) and then as long as you've got your permits - you file & go. I used Jepps on the iPad and just took a look at the entry requirements for all my stops, but enroute... piece of cake. They just hand you off from controller to controller just like every other place in the world....

The most annoying part of the trip may well be Colombia customs/immigration :)

AlSelgas
11th Jul 2016, 12:45
If you touch on the ipad ( jepp ) at the boundary line and hold it it will give you information that includes frequencies.